Kobe Bryant's wife files for divorce

Discuss news and current events around the world.
Disillusioned_American
Freshman Poster

Post by Disillusioned_American »

This country is sick; people here worship these imbecile sports stars like they are demigods. Western(ized) women kiss the asses of these overvalued ball players, and give them a free pass when they commit crimes like rape or drug dealing. I hate American NBA and college basketball, since most of these players are show-boating assholes and criminals, who get special treatment from police and society at large. European basketball is much better to watch. Their players use real strategy, not just run-n-dunk, and they aren't payed nearly as much of a salary. Also, the games are actually affordable to attend. As a white guy, it is nice to see white dudes with great athleticism playing, since I feel like I can relate to their mentality a bit more. Respect for Lithuania, who almost beat the US team this past summer during the Olympics (up until tail end of the fourth quarter). I hope jews keep their hands out of Euro basketball team ownership and politics, otherwise it will just end up turning into a circus of prison-thugs like we have here in the US.

This guy on Youtube who's channel I follow makes a point about how many silly people are way too obsessed with sports teams and overblown athletes in the US:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYaLe-MG ... 2w&index=4[/youtube]

^ This guy makes a lot of solid points about what is wrong with our society in many of his other videos too.
Andrewww
Freshman Poster

Post by Andrewww »

This is not exclusive to the US, you'll see the same thing in Eastern Europe. People can talk for hours about sports. They know everything about some shitty soccer player who barely finished high school but they can't remember what they ate for breakfast.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Re: prison would have been better

Post by Teal Lantern »

targetguy wrote:8) From what i read he raped some gal in a motel and must have paid her to keep quiet isntead of prison time. So i dont feel sorry for this clown at all. Also while california has one of the nations highest unemployment all they can talk about on the news is laker basketball. As far as i am concerned the state of california got what it deserved and prison would have been better for kobe.
Because opportunists never lie. :roll:
While we're at it, let's re-try the boys from the Duke lacrosse case.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Andrewww wrote:This is not exclusive to the US, you'll see the same thing in Eastern Europe. People can talk for hours about sports. They know everything about some shitty soccer player who barely finished high school but they can't remember what they ate for breakfast.
Hey, you just described most young single women in America. They can tell you everything about Britany Spears or Jessica Simpson but they don't know the capital of the state they live in.

They may not even know who the vice president of the USA is or who the goveror of their state is! Welcome to life in modern day America, were celebrity worship is at an all-time high! :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Cornfed wrote:What men should try to get through their heads is that women have no concept of love, loyalty, duty, integrity or anything like that. These are inherently masculine concepts. A marriage is simply a business arrangement for them. They are looking to maximize their short to medium term tangible advantages. Since in most cases these advantages can be measured in terms of money, it should be possible to do a simple arithmetical calculation to work out whether your wife is likely to divorce you on a given day. A man who wants to stay married has to conduct his affairs so that he is more valuable as a husband than he is divorced or dead. Incidentally, while I would never advocate breaking any real law, it astonishes me that there isn't a cottage industry devoted to having these parasitical whores killed in the West in the way there is in Russia and elsewhere. That would be a vastly cheaper solution in many cases.
OK, let's see, how to do that?
-- pre-nup, with wife advised by her own lawyer before signing
-- assets in man's name, or better yet in a living trust with his male offspring as beneficiaries
-- debts in wife's name, not his, and no co-signing of debt
-- no real estate unless all-cash

...what else?