Jeopardy! Incident

Discuss news and current events around the world.
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Jeopardy! Incident

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

This young man is whining, claiming that "he got 'cheated'" by Alex Trebek on Jeopardy, even though he spelled the answer wrong! The answer to the Final Jeopardy! question was "Emancipation Proclamation", but this child spelled it "emanciptation". You see, this goes to show the entitlement complex mentality here in American/Western society.

http://news.yahoo.com/conn-boy-cheated- ... 25423.html
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

I disagree. I think that was a dick move on the part of the Jeopardy judges. How anal can you get???
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

accidental double post (thanks a lot, iPhone!!!)
Last edited by The_Hero_of_Men on August 5th, 2013, 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

With all due respect, Jeopardy is a KNOWLEDGE game show. Of course they will require correct spelling of the answers in Final Jeopardy. By that logic, Spelling Bee contestants should be allowed to win for misspelling words. Yes, it may have been a small error on his behalf, but small mistakes can lead to big-time consequences. For example, a seemingly minor error/flaw in a plane could cause it to crash/explode/experience a (severe) mechanical error-- or a seemingly small error in a building's construction could potentially cause the whole building to collapse. I personally like the fact that the Jeopardy judges didn't sacrifice the show's integrity and honour just to make some kid feel like a winner, even though he didn't win. I hope he learns from this, and the parents and anyone slamming the judges for their decision need to be silent.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Dude, you only had to say it once.
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Hero wrote:Dude, you only had to say it once.
I'm sorry, Hero. I typed that on the HA app on my iPhone, and you know how that is... Sometimes it goes haywire.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

The_Hero_of_Men wrote:
Hero wrote:Dude, you only had to say it once.
I'm sorry, Hero. I typed that on the HA app on my iPhone, and you know how that is... Sometimes it goes haywire.
I don't accept your apology. You didn't phrase it in the form of a question.
:lol: