Coronavirus from Wuhan, China

Discuss news and current events around the world.
fdiv
Freshman Poster

Re: Coronavirus from Wuhan, China

Post by fdiv »

HappyGuy wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 2:17 pm
I know it's probably futile to try to beat a bioweapon with off-the-shelf items but are any of you preparing for this with detergents or respirators or medicine of any kind? Do you know of any natural anti-virals that actually work?
I have a about a liter of concentrated hospital grade antisceptic. It kills viruses like HIV, Hepatitis,and so on as well as bacteria and fungus. It is enough to mix many gallons of ready to use solution. I got it because at my previous job, the guy that used my cubicle on the shift before me was a disgustingly obese motherf***er who never EVER bathed! I hosed down that chair every shift to avoid getting his nasty fungus. Seriously, he had the room smelling like frumunda cheese for about a half hour AFTER HE LEFT. I think the brand I bought is called "Marvicide" and it only cost like $15 for the bottle. I believe it's active ingredient is benzalkonium chloride or some derivative.

Anyway, in a startling coincidence, I also have a full box (50ct) of those surgical style face masks. Mine have a layer of activated charcoal inside. I got them to take to the Philippines a while back in case the pollution bothered me (it's much worse during tag-init).

But really, I'm not worried about any virus. I think 2004 is the last time I remember having the flu. Last year was the first time since then I remember having a fever, but that was from a sinus infection from swimming at those spring-fed pools near Mt. Arayat. So, I usually don't get sick. Certain pathogens I seem to be susceptible to (especially that nasty fungus), but not virii, it seems.

I think the single best thing you can do to prevent infection or illness is sleep as much as possible. I've gotten skin infections and such, and it's always when I'm run down and only getting 1/3 or less the amount of sleep I should have gotten over a period of several days.
options in the US: maybe have a shot at a angry bluehaired landwhale and then, prison :roll:
options abroad: limitless 8)
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Corona Virus from Wuhan, China

Post by Winston »

This is an analysis from a colleague that looks interesting:

#Coronavirus #Uptated #numbers

For those who are interested, here is the most up to date numbers on coronavirus that I compiled myself. My personal take is at the end of the numbers.

1. Total infected:
- 44653 world wide
- 33366 in Hubei
- 11287 outside Hubei
- 440 outside of China (180 on princess)

2. Total infected trend:
- Hubei: 1600 new cases today, 2000 day before, 2800 two days before, 2300 three days before, 2800 four days before, 3500 five days before, 4400 six days before.
- Rest of China: 360 new cases today, 440 day before, 600 two days before, 1000 three days before.
- Worldwide (excluding princess): 17 new cases today, 14 new cases day before, 21 new cases two day before, 21 new cases three days before, 28 new cases four days before.

3. Suspected cases:

Today: 11,295 suspected cases

Yesterday: 16,687 suspected cases

2 days ago: 18,438 suspected cases

3 days ago: ~25,000 suspected cases

4. Death rate:
- Hubei: 1068 out of 33366 = 3.2%

- Rest of china: 42 out of 11287 = 0.37%

- Outside of china: 2 out of 440 = 0.45%

5. Serious/critical rate:

- Hubei: 7241 out of 33366 = 21.7%

- Rest of china: 963 out of 11287 = 8.5%

- Outside of china: 12 out of 440 = 2.7%

Some Interesting cases:

Princess Cruise ship: 80 year old wuhan man with symptoms for the entire duration of his 8 day cruise. 180 people currently tests positive with 3000 quarantined.

Singapore conference cluster (Jan 20-22): Wuhan man arrives in singapore with virus, infects people from south korea, malaysia and one man from UK. The UK man goes to france and infects 4 people in france, then returns to UK and infects another 4.

Bavaria cluster (Jan 20-21): Wuhan woman lied about having no symptoms, goes to meeting in Germany, infects 10 people, one of which goes to spain. Some of the germans infect another 8 close families.

Singapore health shop cluster: (Jan 25): Wuhan tourist go to a health shop. Infects 2 people who in turn infects 15 people (mainly family).

Tony's personal take:

1) Vast majority of the cases are in Hubei, and in the epicenter we are seeing a reduction in the number of new cases for close to 6 consecutive days. The numbers outside of Hubei are also dropping, with only 360 new cases. The number of cases worldwide are also dropping and in most countries, with the exception of Singapore, HK, thailand, UK and Germany, the cases have completely stopped.

2) There hasn't been a new case in Australia in over a week. And in Melbourne and Sydney it's been 2 weeks. Australia's brief stint with the virus is well and truly over.

3) I always wondered why the international cases haven't exploded, given the first few cases were exported about 1 month ago. For example the 15 cases in Australia were all on long haul flights. some of them were even on domestic flights while symptomatic, and not a single H2H transmission has happened in Australia. This is the case for almost all international cases with the exception of Singapore, Thailand and UK.

4) The death rate outside of the epicentre seems to be low. 0.37% in china and 0.45% overseas. More deadly than the flu, but nothing compared to SARS or MERS.

5) The virus does not seem to affect young people very much. JAMA paper suggest that people under 30 are barely affected, and there are no death of people under 27.

6) Asymptomatic transmission: Apparently uncommon. Accounts for <5% of transmissions. The evidence that caused WHO and CDC to declear the virus is transmissible while asymptomatic is based on the german traveller who lied about her symptoms.

7) Tonys Future prediction:
- China: Hubei will probably be in lockdown for another 2 weeks, which means that everyone will be out of the incubation period. The rest of china will see a drop to minimal cases within the week, but may see a pick up in numbers once work resumes.
- Australia: I predict no significant increase in cases. Probably none, given the travel ban.
- Singapore: Singapore has started some proper screening and contact tracing, I suspect the infections should stop in 2 weeks.
- The rest of asia: very strange that many of the SEA countries have very little cases. Are the virus infecting everyone there but there is not enough testing? I think it's unlikely, as the number are inline with the rest of the world.
- The rest of the world: It's been a month since the first exported case from China to the rest of the world. If the virus was truly very infectious and deadly, we would have seen it by now. Alternatively, the virus has super mild symptoms, and it won't matter anyway.

8) What are your chances of catching it on the plane:
- Australia: zero
- SEA: Probably 1 in 100,000 to 1 in 1,000,00. You also have to sit close to a person who is symptomatic, who isn't wearing masks or gloves. Which is about the same risk as getting into a car accident in a 5 to 10km drive.
- Europe: 1 in 1,000,000 at worst

Timme Hung
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

Coronavirus - Rescue Flights and Impact to Aviation

HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

China’s Coronavirus “Cure” | China Uncensored

tom
Junior Poster

Post by tom »

It's pretty much a pandemic now so the best thing to do is just prepare. No one is going to stop this, only slow it down.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Coronavirus/?f ... repping%22

Assume everyone is going to get sick all around the same time, the issue will be if hospitals get overwhelmed and not be able to provide effective treatment, hospitals may not inform you they are operationally ineffective.

The media will blame Trump I just do not know how
משה בן יצחק
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Assuming you get the corona virus. What are the chances of recovery vs death? Do most people recover from it? Can the average person's immune system fight it off successfully?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Isn't this gonna wreck the Chinese economy and its unstoppable growth?

Maybe this will be like the Black Death of Europe in 1348. It killed off a third of the population but in a way it was a blessing in disguise because after that, there was a lot more land and wealth to spread around and the overpopulation problem in Europe was solved. Sometimes nature will do this kind of thing for us. Other times our ET overlords do it as population or cattle management. Nature even starts forest fires to clear out too much foliage condensed together. It even says so in a government museum that I saw in Capitan, NM at the Smokey the Beat visitor center and museum.

Either way, China was a fool to think that it can use its nerdy smarts and linear logic and shrewd rat-like strategy to overcome the US as the dominant world power. No way. The US has secret technology, pacts with Satan and ET's, occult esoteric secrets, crashed UFO technology, the Rothschild bankers funding it, the Illuminati behind it, etc. So the US has far more deeper methods at winning wars and bringing down countries that China could never have dreamed of. The US elite and secret masters play 3D or 4D chess. China was only playing 2D chess and had no idea of the big picture. China was a fool to think it could win against the New Atlantis (which is America's name among secret societies since the 1600s). Anyone who fights the Rothschilds or Illuminati goes down one way or another, if not by conventional means then by hidden unconventional covert means. The US could even create hologram planes to hit the WTC. So it can do anything and has technology far beyond other nations, according to many top military insiders and whistleblowers.

Did you know Satan or Satanic forces do not even need to hire hitmen to take out someone or arrange an assassination? If you watch the movie "Devil's Advocate" with Keanu Reeves and Al Pacino, or the Omen movies, you will see that Satanic powers can make a series of "unlucky unusual coincidences" happen together at the same time, or in a string, to take out someone it deems a threat. This may be what happened to Brandon Lee or Princess Diana, because those assassinations seemed too freakish and would have required too much perfect planning if done by humans, and too many things could have gone wrong in such an elaborate plot. So the powers that be can just use Satanic forces to create a series of unlucky freakish coincidences in a row to take out someone. Just watch the movies I mentioned and you'll see what I mean.

@starchild5 and @HappyGuy what do you think?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check this out. One good thing that may have come from this corona virus is that airlines are now lowering their fares because of it. Because the airline and tourist industry in Asia has taken billions of dollars of lost revenue from it. But that's not good news if you own airline stock of course.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/23/trav ... urism.html

https://www.iata.org/en/pressroom/pr/2020-02-20-01/

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/21/coronav ... lower.html
Coronavirus flight cancellations top 200,000, sending jet fuel prices to more than 2-year lows

KEY POINTS

Jet fuel prices have dropped sharply due to the coronavirus.
Airlines have canceled more than 200,000 flights, mostly within China as the government steps up measures to curb the spread of the virus.
The coronavirus has sicked more than 76,000 people and killed more than 2,200.

HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

45 minute tv documentary from Australia

Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

Just passed through 3 airports, surrounded by crowds for hours on end, including lots of Chinese looking people. Hope the below isn't true:

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

There apparently is a problem with going to New Zealand. The authorities seem to be taking this very seriously. You might encounter problems.
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

The China they DON'T want you to SEE!

Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

After much thought, I have come to the conclusion that I will inevitably catch coronavirus at some point. In fact, most people will eventually get it. So I'm not going to take any precautions, such as constant hand washing, to avoid getting sick. I will take the precaution of constantly being prepared for myself or other people to suddenly get very sick. That is, don't make plans that depend on me or other people being healthy, with grave consequences if I or these other people are not healthy. For example, be prepared for air travel to shut down because everyone is sick.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Shemp wrote:
February 28th, 2020, 7:12 pm
Just passed through 3 airports, surrounded by crowds for hours on end, including lots of Chinese looking people. Hope the below isn't true
It isn't true, it's absolute nonsense. Most proposed "reinfections" are most likely just prolonged infections because this lasts longer than 14 days. A combination of Chinese and US incompetence has basically doomed us all to get the virus though, and your risk of death basically tracks with your age and comorbidities. On the low end are individuals under 40 that are healthy, with a 0.2% chance of death, at the high end boomers and older that have up to a 15% chance of death if healthy, and higher if not. Overall I predict 6 million dead in the United States and 120 million dead worldwide if it reaches maximum spread (around 60% penetration) after which it will be an endemic virus that mutates and claims around 0.1-1% of the population each year, mostly concentrated in the elderly.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Shemp wrote:
March 6th, 2020, 1:52 am
After much thought, I have come to the conclusion that I will inevitably catch coronavirus at some point. In fact, most people will eventually get it. So I'm not going to take any precautions, such as constant hand washing, to avoid getting sick. I will take the precaution of constantly being prepared for myself or other people to suddenly get very sick. That is, don't make plans that depend on me or other people being healthy, with grave consequences if I or these other people are not healthy. For example, be prepared for air travel to shut down because everyone is sick.
Yeah, have some colloidal silver and (as a last resort, because that stuff is nasty) MSM in your fridge, but otherwise you can't avoid this. In this globalised world, if you are going to get it then at some point you are going to get it, and if you are one of the small percentage of those who do who dies then bad luck. Aside from that, worrying about it is like worrying about slipping over in the shower.