Silver Lining Of Coronovirus: A Reset Which Might Not Be All Bad!

Discuss news and current events around the world.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Silver Lining Of Coronovirus: A Reset Which Might Not Be All Bad!

Post by Cornfed »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
March 20th, 2020, 12:39 am
Don't be surprised if Hilary Clinton is Biden's VP candidate!
I think he pledged to appoint a sheboon.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

Winston wrote:
March 20th, 2020, 12:07 am
Some in America, especially conservatives, believe that the coronavirus is a hoax in a conspiracy by Democrats to take down Trump or the Chinese to ruin the American economy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... story.html

https://www.propublica.org/article/face ... ers-corona

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/11/us/p ... media.html

They do have a point. Does anyone know anyone personally who has the corovirus or who has died from it? No one seems to be able to find anyone who does.
Italy has over 4000 deaths! Why don't you ask the relatives who have lost 4000 family members if they think it is a hoax. What does your Italian friend Alex think? Is he worried about his family there? If you think it's a fake why don't you go to Italy and help out?

So far there have been almost 20,000 cases in the USA and they've just started testing. How can it be a hoax?
Last edited by WorldTraveler on March 20th, 2020, 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

WorldTraveler wrote:
March 20th, 2020, 7:07 pm
Italy has over 4000 deaths! Why don't you ask the relatives who have lost 4000 family members if they think it is a fake. What does your Italian friend Alex think? Is he worried about his family there? If you think it's a fake why don't you go to Italy and help out?
Exactly. If I ever wondered why this forum has an unhealthy undercurrent of conspiracy paranoia, I no longer do.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

WorldTraveler wrote:
Italy has over 4000 deaths!
As I understand it, the deaths are almost all the usual oldies and sickies and/or Chinese migrant workers, so it is not really that much of a problem to the average person. Also, the flu kills about 8k people in Italy per year and we are almost a quarter way through the year, so while this is clearly more deadly than the average flu to the aforementioned populations, it is really not that bad.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

Cornfed wrote:
March 20th, 2020, 7:28 pm
WorldTraveler wrote:
Italy has over 4000 deaths!
As I understand it, the deaths are almost all the usual oldies and sickies and/or Chinese migrant workers, so it is not really that much of a problem to the average person. Also, the flu kills about 8k people in Italy per year and we are almost a quarter way through the year, so while this is clearly more deadly than the average flu to the aforementioned populations, it is really not that bad.
It's 10 times more deadly than the flu. You should go to Italy since you are not concerned and help the healthcare workers. Many of these people will get it and probably die. One of my best friends who is 54 works at a grocery store and he's there every day because he needs the money. I know one day he'll call me and tell me he has it. I have senior citizen parents who have preexisting conditions. I have another family member who who is young and works at a grocery store to and his young wife has a preexisting condition that compromises her immune system. They have 3 young children. Everyone before it is over will know people that have had it or will know people that have died. If you are not concerned go help the people on the front line! :evil: :evil: :evil:
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

Cornfed wrote:
March 20th, 2020, 6:38 am
It will be Kamala Harris.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

WorldTraveler wrote:
March 20th, 2020, 9:20 pm
Cornfed wrote:
March 20th, 2020, 6:38 am
It will be Kamala Harris.
If it is, I am going to go back on my recommendation that we don't participate in the election and dredge up the fact that Kamala is a total whore.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

WorldTraveler wrote:
March 20th, 2020, 9:15 pm
It's 10 times more deadly than the flu.
It is about twice as deadly as the flu to date. and as to most of the people dying, f**k them. The old people ruined our world and now they are being exited before they can leech more off us. The Chinese should never have been there in the first place.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

Spoken like a real sociopath, who doesn't have anybody's destiny at heart than his own. I don't wish anyone, of any age, socio-economic status and "IQ", to die with "Coronovirus". Yet, wake up calls like this are perhaps more beneficial to people like you than anyone else.

Half of my family shops back in Italy, those not classified as "bakeries" and "grocery shops", are now closed. My Dad is paying the kitchen and shops staff 50% of their weekly wages, unlike 90% of small entrepreneurs who stopped altogether. Everybody is doing what they can: the economic damage is undeniable, but much greater would be the damage from losing trust and loyalty from Staff that has been with us from 10+ years, and whose family well-being depends on us.

Caring for people who matter to you and whom you matter to: that's the call of a real man's everyday life, even when it's not a national emergency of this proportions.

People like you who are used to reasoning in terms of "what's in it for me", about the short-term benefit and the monetary counterpart of everything, won't fare too well when the going gets worse (and it well might). They will feel lonely, isolated, unable to trust anyone because they never did in the first place. Will any of your sugar babies on "GF allowance" come see you at the clinic, or you will come up with a "nursing allowance", too?
March 12th, 2020, 3:46 pm
I would never wish a morbid affliction on anyone, even those on this forum whom I don't particularly like. However, when I take the long view of this pandemic, I think there might be a set of things that constitutes a silver lining. What do I mean:

-Coronovirus is more lethal with men than with women. This could be the needed paring back of the male population which rebalances the social value of men and women. Currently, there are too many men in the world which war and famine usually take care of, but Coronovirus could be nature's way of rebalancing sexes so that men are appropriately valued again.

-Governments around the world have been lamenting the aging of their populations and the staggering costs involved in caring for them. Coronovirus could be that solution to paring back disproportionate numbers of the elderly thus freeing up resources to spend on the young, on infrastructure, and other worthy initiatives.

-Coronovirus is more apt to infect low-IQ individuals who don't modify their activities, lifestyles, and practices. This could be a means to naturally raise the IQ of the world's population by disproportionately infecting the less intellectually fit in an almost Darwinian manner.

-The world's environment is damaged continuously due to population growth, especially in places like China. The paring back of populations is the reduction of the world's carbon imprint which is a huge protective measure to the environment. I'm not suggesting climate change will decrease to the point where Greta Thunberg would shut up, but it would be a giant step in the right direction.

-Coronovirus might be an economic boom waiting to happen when younger people inherit mass, accumulated wealth from baby boomers who are in the high mortality age range.

-Homosexuality, while not necessarily morally wrong, might become less celebrated and less promoted if population reductions hit crisis levels around the world.

One of my most heartfelt threads here was The Great Reset thread. I do believe there is a chance we might be in the beginning of it right now! That being said, I don't wish Coronovirus on anyone here even if I find you repugnant as a person. But if I can see my Reset theory realized, my thoughts on Coronovirus might be vindicated yet.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

In keeping with my theory in the opening post, "suicides of despair" stand to increase Covid-19 deaths due largely to unemployment.

https://www.ccn.com/chillingly-scariest ... -covid-19/

One thing I am hoping to see is that child support enforcement goes by the wayside due to the unemployment and the closing of courts. This is the time for women to show and prove just how "independent" they are.

It is still too early for me to know for sure if this is my predicted "Great Reset," but it certainly is for certain individuals poorly-equipped to cope with life altered in the way it has.

What remains to be seen is military conflict. This would be the opportune time for countries to launch military attack against their enemies while they are back on their heels. Countries like Iran, Russia, and North Korea have enough Machiavellian leadership to actually pull that off.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

March 21st, 2020, 2:42 pm
In keeping with my theory in the opening post, "suicides of despair" stand to increase Covid-19 deaths due largely to unemployment.

One thing I am hoping to see is that child support enforcement goes by the wayside due to the unemployment and the closing of courts. This is the time for women to show and prove just how "independent" they are.

It is still too early for me to know for sure if this is my predicted "Great Reset," but it certainly is for certain individuals poorly-equipped to cope with life altered in the way it has.

What remains to be seen is military conflict. This would be the opportune time for countries to launch military attack against their enemies while they are back on their heels. Countries like Iran, Russia, and North Korea have enough Machiavellian leadership to actually pull that off.
Eh, if you spawn a child you should pay. If you're the more capable parent you should also have custody
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

HouseMD wrote:
March 21st, 2020, 7:03 pm
Eh, if you spawn a child you should pay.
This is a communist idea. You are a communist then?
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

HouseMD wrote:

Eh, if you spawn a child you should pay. If you're the more capable parent you should also have custody
However, when your child's mother deprives you of seeing the child, maliciously alienates you from your child by badmouthing you, or does not cooperate with you in the rearing of the child, she is electing to go it alone WITHOUT your financial support. Is that fair to the children? No, but that is one of the many unfortunate consequences of having a crappy mother. Without the assistance of the courts, that would be very much the case, hence my post above.
Last edited by Contrarian Expatriate on March 21st, 2020, 7:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Cornfed wrote:
March 21st, 2020, 7:37 pm
HouseMD wrote:
Eh, if you spawn a child you should pay.
This is a communist idea. You are a communist then?
If I was a communist I'd say, "if anyone in society spawns a child, you should help support it." That's not what I said because that's nonsense

If it's your own child and you're a man, you support it. Period.
Light
Freshman Poster

Post by Light »

I am thinking the same thing but more for Russia. I see Russia launching an invasion of Belarus and Ukraine, and maybe Moldova but they won't do it right away if they do decide to invade those nations. If the coronavirus has lasted until December 2020 with the world shutdown and mass infected and mass deaths in the United States then the Russian army does a German WWII blitzkrieg into Belarus, Ukraine, and Moldova. December 2020 or January 2021. That is if Putin wants to take a gamble with his approval rating and launch a real war that will have deaths of some Russian soldiers. If the war were to go wrong then Putin's approval would be destroyed and if they have real elections in Russia then he could lose.