China Evergrande world's most heavily indebted property developer bankruptcy

Discuss news and current events around the world.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Re: China Evergrande world's most heavily indebted property developer bankruptcy

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

galii wrote:
August 21st, 2023, 6:34 am
No surprise.
USA is ranked "D" in infrastructure by the American Society of Civil Engineers.
And the U.S is now brink of a recession and declining living standards and more money for the wealthy 1%.
And Federal Reserve ran by CITI in London will print out more money..

https://infrastructurereportcard.org/in ... ategories/
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: China Evergrande world's most heavily indebted property developer bankruptcy

Post by Yohan »

The World CAN'T Compete with China's New Infrastructure! (America Jealous) - this is a bit exaggerated.
It's not 'the world' but it is true that In USA public transport is not attractive, and it is not only about local subway systems, but also about any public transport, even long distance for example. Expect rather poor services concerning railways in the States....
Car and airplane are the priority in the States.
-----
Here in Japan in major cities the train/subway/shopping centers, hotels etc. are all connected with each other and all is functioning very well.
Smaller cities, like Okayama/Kurashiki (totally about 1.2 million people) where I am living, are also very clean, good maintenance, no vandalism...

This is the AEON shopping mall, connected to the railway station

This is the Underground Shopping Mall in front of the railway station

Inside of the Okayama railway station, long distance train
kukushka
Freshman Poster

Post by kukushka »

Yohan wrote:
August 20th, 2023, 10:27 pm
MarcosZeitola wrote:
August 20th, 2023, 6:48 am
kukushka wrote:
August 18th, 2023, 3:18 pm

theres some truth to what you say but also you dont know the real situation over there, nobody does....
The lies and deceptions are getting more blatant. For instance now China has stopped sharing any details of its youth unemployment percentage. It was at a record high until June and keeps rising monthly, now they're just pretending the issue doesn't exist:
-----
You'd have to be pretty gullible to not see China's royally f***ed. Just take a look at their real estate sector, the ghost cities, the millions of unfinished homes that people are still forced to pay sky-high mortgages over... the bubble is about to burst....
Here in Japan I think we are fairly good informed what is going on in China. It's not a nice neighbour, it is becoming more and more a military threat not only for Taiwan, but also for Japan and even for the Philippines and some other countries nearby.

The real situation within China is well-known and it is not possible for the Chinese government to censor it....
For example there are various reports about Chinas ghost cities, estimated about 64 million housing units are empty...

In China there is a huge gap between ordinary people, often not allowed to move to another city within China - the salary of ordinary people in not so well-known large cities within China - and about the rich elite.

Of course China is too large to fail, but in future the living standard in China is expected to decline considerably, nobody can deny this.

Expect in near future many foreign companies to reduce their presence in China or even to pull out and relocate and this will send hundreds of thousands of Chinese workers jobless in the streets....
shockingly you didnt even bother addressing the points that I made to you. you couldnt refute my last response to you so you tried to refute my responses to marcos instead :lol: :lol: you still havent addressed any of my cogent points or reasonable stances. I correctly pointed out that you had misunderstood my stance but instead of recognizing this and apologizing you just try to double down :lol: :lol: anti-chinese people like you (and ive met many) typically lack integrity while being convinced that theyre highly moral.
Here in Japan I think we are fairly good informed what is going on in China. It's not a nice neighbour, it is becoming more and more a military threat not only for Taiwan, but also for Japan and even for the Philippines and some other countries nearby.
being close to some other nation doesnt mean youre automatically well informed about whats going on in that nation. if I lived in florida does that automatically mean im well informed about whats going on in washington DC? even the majority of people in the US itself dont have a clear idea of the actual economic situation in the same country that we live in, let alone that of another country. the US is physically next to mexico yet most americans are clueless about what its really like in mexico, let alone its true economic state. well, I guess your whole theory about geographic proximity to some country giving you special knowledge about whats really going on inside a country doesnt mean anything.

whats really hilarious is if you look at the amount of US military bases that ring china, yet china is the one thats a "military threat". thats funny, so having military capabilities to protect your own local, historical interests is bad, yet according to you, having relatively recent, foreign military installations (that are a direct result of western imperialism) around is good! how many countries has china attacked and invaded over the past few decades? what about the US?

its amazing how shabby your reasoning is when objectively viewed. keep in mind, im not even the one saying that china is all good, or the US is all bad, or anything stupid like that. I recognize that theres good and bad in reality and that theres no clearly distinguished heroes and villains, yet youre the one who still believes in the narrative of good guys and bad guys lol. youre not capable of having a rational dialogue with someone (like me) that understands reality in a nuanced way because youre so used to seeing things in black and white. thats why you couldnt even refute my last response to you, you knew that I was right about you having misunderstood a simple forum comment. if you cant understand something that simple, why should I believe youre capable of understanding much more complicated situations?
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

kukushka wrote:
August 21st, 2023, 2:10 pm
.... youre not capable of having a rational dialogue with someone (like me) that understands reality in a nuanced way because youre so used to seeing things in black and white. thats why you couldnt even refute my last response to you, you knew that I was right about you having misunderstood a simple forum comment. if you cant understand something that simple, why should I believe youre capable of understanding much more complicated situations?
There is nothing complicated about it, and nothing 'to believe'.

It is a fact and it cannot be denied that

in China about 64 million apartments are unsold in so-called ghost towns.

the largest property developer in China was filing for bankruptcy protection in USA

another (private) large Chinese property developer was unable recently to pay USD 10.5 million.

youth unemployment is more than 20 % in China.

that because of stupid family politics in China there are now among young people more than 17 million men than females.

About China being a military threat: China is not only claiming Taiwan, but almost an entire ocean (South China Sea) - and disregards the claims, even within the EEZ (exclusive economic zone) from other military weaker countries (Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Vietnam).
China claims also a huge land, Arunachal Pradesh, from India calling it South Tibet - but never any Chinese was living there....etc.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

People don't usually lie about things or hide things when they're doing well... it's only when shit hits the fan that governments start to hide uncomfortable statistics. As Mark Twain once wisely said: ""There are lies, damned lies, and statistics".
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
August 22nd, 2023, 6:29 am
People don't usually lie about things or hide things when they're doing well... it's only when shit hits the fan that governments start to hide uncomfortable statistics. As Mark Twain once wisely said: ""There are lies, damned lies, and statistics".
You got that right. People need to put the inconvenient truth under the rug.
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
kukushka
Freshman Poster

Post by kukushka »

Yohan wrote:
August 22nd, 2023, 5:15 am
kukushka wrote:
August 21st, 2023, 2:10 pm
.... youre not capable of having a rational dialogue with someone (like me) that understands reality in a nuanced way because youre so used to seeing things in black and white. thats why you couldnt even refute my last response to you, you knew that I was right about you having misunderstood a simple forum comment. if you cant understand something that simple, why should I believe youre capable of understanding much more complicated situations?
There is nothing complicated about it, and nothing 'to believe'.

It is a fact and it cannot be denied that

in China about 64 million apartments are unsold in so-called ghost towns.

the largest property developer in China was filing for bankruptcy protection in USA

another (private) large Chinese property developer was unable recently to pay USD 10.5 million.

youth unemployment is more than 20 % in China.

that because of stupid family politics in China there are now among young people more than 17 million men than females.

About China being a military threat: China is not only claiming Taiwan, but almost an entire ocean (South China Sea) - and disregards the claims, even within the EEZ (exclusive economic zone) from other military weaker countries (Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Vietnam).
China claims also a huge land, Arunachal Pradesh, from India calling it South Tibet - but never any Chinese was living there....etc.
It is a fact and it cannot be denied that:
youre refusing to address any of the original points I brought up as well as the points I brought up in my last response to you. the fact of the matter is, you cant. I made some rational observations that you misunderstood and still cant effectively address without admitting that you were originally wrong, however you dont want to admit this so youre trying as hard as possible to "go on the offensive" and try to avoid my original points at all cost.

what ive been saying: "the situation regarding china is very nuanced"

what youre saying: "THERE ARE BAD THINGS ABOUT CHINA!!!!!!!"

funny enough, you dont realize that your position is not mutually exclusive with my position. at no point have I denied theres things wrong with china, this has always been my position, but youre trying to act as if its not. like I said, youre just not a rational actor when it comes to this topic
MarcosZeitola wrote:
August 22nd, 2023, 6:29 am
how come you anti-china types never bother reading anything I say?

viewtopic.php?p=404111#p404111
3.china also might be doing things to FUD itself in order to appear weaker than it really is. do you really think the birthplace of sun tzu wouldnt be able to appreciate this saying?
Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak
-granted, I think this is the more unlikely possibility but its still a possibility nonetheless, especially after seeing the whole /pol/ china covid victims video clip psyop happen in real time. during the age of information warfare, why take anything at face value?
your position and my position arent different, but youre trying to act like it is. I already covered what youre saying, and more:
do you not realize how long people have been claiming that china (or the US for that matter) are going to collapse any day now? I remember back in 2008 when alex jones said that the US was going to experience economic collapse and martial law was going to be instated. likewise I remember in 2021 when tons of people were saying that the vaxxes were going to depopulate the world in a few years yet here we are and this still isnt the case. in all three cases there were some *grains* of truth but the doomsayers were largely wrong in terms of the timing and severity of their predictions.

so do I think this could be the real end for china? yeah, thats possible. do I think its likely? no. just look at the record of people like serpentza and gordon chang etc, "two more weeks!". the real gullible one here is you.
both you and yohan are just like those antivaxxers who were screaming that everyone that got vaccinated is going to die. yeah china has some problems (which ive been acknowledging from the beginning and was always my position in spite of you all acting like it hasnt been), but lets see how things actually pan out. ive been reading alt-news for YEARS and I regularly see "CHINA GOING TO COLLAPSE SOON" stories. rationally speaking, at some point you just begin to tune these stories out, the same way I started tuning out the anti-vaxxers when they kept coming up with new doomsday projections that never panned out in the real world.

as I keep saying, theres lots we dont know. the true final impact of china's problems may be better or worse than what we think theyll be. could this actually be the big one? sure. and if it was, do I think it would be the end of china like doomsayers say it would be? nope. either way nobody knows (and at least I can admit this, unlike you all) until it actually happens and the dust settles. until then, its all useless speculation like with the vaxx conspiracy theories which also had some grains of truth, but apparently werent fully true.
Last edited by kukushka on August 22nd, 2023, 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54-YmBG ... V0IG1vbmV5
How China Hides Trillions From America