Gonzalo Lira (Coach Red Pill) Jailed and Tortured in Ukrainian Prison!

Discuss news and current events around the world.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Gonzalo Lira (Coach Red Pill) Jailed and Tortured in Ukrainian Prison!

Post by publicduende »

gsjackson wrote:
January 14th, 2024, 7:29 am
galii wrote:
January 14th, 2024, 5:26 am
He gives me homeless flat earther vibes.
Aka truthfulness. It's not as frightening as you make it out to be. Go ahead, dip your toe into a little of it. You'll see the water's fine. Idiot conformists will yip and yap at you, snip at your heels, but they're of no consequence.
Nice to see you get it. You always get it. Appalling that this forum still carries the label of "truth seeking". Sometimes seeking or speaking the truth leads to extreme consequences. It's called intellectual honesty and professional integrity.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

publicduende wrote:
January 15th, 2024, 6:46 am
gsjackson wrote:
January 14th, 2024, 7:29 am
galii wrote:
January 14th, 2024, 5:26 am
He gives me homeless flat earther vibes.
Aka truthfulness. It's not as frightening as you make it out to be. Go ahead, dip your toe into a little of it. You'll see the water's fine. Idiot conformists will yip and yap at you, snip at your heels, but they're of no consequence.
Nice to see you get it. You always get it. Appalling that this forum still carries the label of "truth seeking". Sometimes seeking or speaking the truth leads to extreme consequences. It's called intellectual honesty and professional integrity.
Pub, GsJackson is a flat earther. What are you talking about?
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

galii wrote:
January 15th, 2024, 6:56 am
Looking for the truth has a price. Maybe one day we will find out that the earth is, indeed, not spherical. :)
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

publicduende wrote:
January 15th, 2024, 8:26 am
galii wrote:
January 15th, 2024, 6:56 am
Looking for the truth has a price. Maybe one day we will find out that the earth is, indeed, not spherical. :)
Come on man you are a studied engineer. Let Alex explain you the math. Maybe after you retire you may have time to do the math and not fall for cocroach red pill tipes.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

galii wrote:
January 15th, 2024, 9:42 am
Come on man you are a studied engineer. Let Alex explain you the math. Maybe after you retire you may have time to do the math and not fall for cocroach red pill tipes.
I was being sarcastic. I don't care if @gsjackson is a flat earther, so long he can appreciate a man who is willing to die for his ideals. A rare breed nowadays.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Gonzalo Lira is dead. Apparently died on the 12th of this month, no doubt under questionable circumstances.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Welcome back OutWest. Long time no read.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

OutWest wrote:
January 15th, 2024, 7:52 pm
Gonzalo Lira is dead. Apparently died on the 12th of this month, no doubt under questionable circumstances.
Identify yourself solider. Name and rank.

Actually, there is still no evidence that he is dead. Only news reports. Never trust. Verify.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

publicduende wrote:
January 15th, 2024, 4:27 pm
galii wrote:
January 15th, 2024, 9:42 am
I was being sarcastic. I don't care if @gsjackson is a flat earther, so long he can appreciate a man who is willing to die for his ideals. A rare breed nowadays.
That is good. Btw Flat Earthers should not be respected even if they risk their lives for their ideology. Flattards are trash.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

galii wrote:
January 15th, 2024, 11:14 pm
That is good. Btw Flat Earthers should not be respected even if they risk their lives for their ideology. Flattards are trash.
They're not "trash". Gsjackson isn't trash. Winston isn't trash. I think their theory doesn't hold water and is kind of silly but that does not make them trash. That's completely over the top.

PS: Welcome back @OutWest
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
January 16th, 2024, 12:04 am
galii wrote:
January 15th, 2024, 11:14 pm
They're not "trash". Gsjackson isn't trash. Winston isn't trash. I think their theory doesn't hold water and is kind of silly but that does not make them trash. That's completely over the top.

PS: Welcome back @OutWest
One man's trash is onother man's treasure. I take it back flerfs are not trash then maybe they are just garbage bullshido artists..
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

OutWest wrote:
January 15th, 2024, 7:52 pm
@OutWest

In other news...you're alive and still around! :-) How have you been, mate?
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

publicduende wrote:
January 15th, 2024, 6:44 am
yick wrote:
January 15th, 2024, 1:23 am
Anyone with half a brain could see how this was going to end.

It was probably a suicide mission by him, he probably knew himself he wasn't coming out of this alive. He was probably running around on his Chilean passport thinking that might have saved him from getting a bullet in the end but if you're going to play stupid games then you're going to win those really stupid prizes.

Lira hasn't done anything to me, I don't wish for his death but you can't go around playing games in that theatre - foreign mercenaries who went to Ukraine to fight for them have been shot dead and left in a ditch when they have decided they have had enough and to be honest - we have all seen them if you have flown in or out of any major airport -these last 18 months or so, young, fighting age Ukrainians and Russians who are no more in Russia or Ukraine because - it's silly staying there to get called up and die in the snow - they got the hell out of there so anyone whose business it isn't is a fool. If they actually kill mercenaries who came to help them then they will happily put a bullet in Lira's head, the only surprise is that anyone is surprised.
GL was in Ukraine before the war and, when war erupted, his professional spirit and intellectual honesty compelled him to take a side, which happened to be not the side of licking Zelensky's fascist puppet ass. Any democratic country should have protected his right to live in Ukraine while dissenting. Of course, as we know, Ukraine went full authoritarian way faster than many expected Russia to. He must have felt trapped, at times, yet he continued to live and speak up.

I am not trying to put him on a pedestal. I am saying that the very fact that he continued, perhaps naively, to stay in Ukraine as a "foreign dissenter" was the reason of his demise. Perhaps he expected his Chilean passport to be seen with a sweet eye by the Ukranian army (mostly mercenaries, as you noted). It was not the case.

The element that surprises me the most is that, for a citizen of that type, the US embassy didn't move a wee finger.
When a country has been invaded or under the threat of invasion then there is no 'free speech' not that there is anyway anywhere but when a country has been invaded and you're an American shilling for the enemy then bad things are going to happen - if his point was 'Zelensky is an arsehole' or 'Ukraine doesn't have free speech in war' then he has wasted his life because most people are cottoning on to the fact that both of these are correct but did Lira need to give his life in such a brutal way for it? No and will anyone care in a year's time? No. He has sacrificed his life for nothing. In the UK, if that country was being invaded or under the threat of invasion from Russia and I went around spouting pro-Russian rhetoric then the same thing would happen to me. Democracy and free speech go out of the window when a country is at war for its existence.

The day I saw fit, strapping big young Ukrainian men at Schipol airport doing the chicken run to America or Brazil or Mexico I thought, f**k them but I also thought those foreign mercenaries out there dying in the snow are mugs but that doesn't mean Putin is some kind of misunderstood hero - he isn't - he is a massive cunt too - neither of them are worth a deep breath never mind a drop of blood.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

yick wrote:
January 16th, 2024, 1:41 am
When a country has been invaded or under the threat of invasion then there is no 'free speech' not that there is anyway anywhere but when a country has been invaded and you're an American shilling for the enemy then bad things are going to happen - if his point was 'Zelensky is an arsehole' or 'Ukraine doesn't have free speech in war' then he has wasted his life because most people are cottoning on to the fact that both of these are correct but did Lira need to give his life in such a brutal way for it? No and will anyone care in a year's time? No. He has sacrificed his life for nothing. In the UK, if that country was being invaded or under the threat of invasion from Russia and I went around spouting pro-Russian rhetoric then the same thing would happen to me. Democracy and free speech go out of the window when a country is at war for its existence.

The day I saw fit, strapping big young Ukrainian men at Schipol airport doing the chicken run to America or Brazil or Mexico I thought, f**k them but I also thought those foreign mercenaries out there dying in the snow are mugs but that doesn't mean Putin is some kind of misunderstood hero - he isn't - he is a massive cunt too - neither of them are worth a deep breath never mind a drop of blood.
+1

That's the correct take. Obviously Zelensky and his cabal are corrupt as shit, so is all of Ukrainian high society as well as Moscow's elites, Putin included. Now if any fool would have gone to Stalin's USSR during WWII and spread pro-Nazi news, how long would he have lived? Are we talking days, hours, minutes before KGB would put a bullet to the back of his head? :lol:
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
January 16th, 2024, 4:21 am
That's the correct take. Obviously Zelensky and his cabal are corrupt as shit, so is all of Ukrainian high society as well as Moscow's elites, Putin included. Now if any fool would have gone to Stalin's USSR during WWII and spread pro-Nazi news, how long would he have lived? Are we talking days, hours, minutes before KGB would put a bullet to the back of his head? :lol:
I agree with you, yet that is not my takeaway from GL's unfortunate death. I don't think the man was so stupid as to be completely oblivious of what his ideas (and the way they were amplified on his social media) would cause him. Of course someone who know what might come to him and continue pursuing his idea is one of the two: a deserving recipient of the Darwin Award, as someone said, or someone with iron balls and a very, very solid piece of intellectual honesty.

The latter is what, I believe, we should remember about GL.