Thousands join migrant caravan in Mexico

Discuss news and current events around the world.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Thousands join migrant caravan in Mexico

Post by Yohan »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/thousands-jo ... 33145.html
TAPACHULA, Mexico (AP) — A sprawling caravan of migrants from Central America, Venezuela, Cuba and other countries trekked through Mexico on Sunday, heading toward the U.S. border. The procession came just days before Secretary of State Antony Blinken arrives in Mexico City to hammer out new agreements to control the surge of migrants seeking entry into the United States.

The caravan, estimated at around 6,000 people, many of them families with young children, is the largest in more than a year, a clear indication that joint efforts by the Biden administration and President Andrés Manuel López Obrador's government to deter migration are falling short.

This month, as many as 10,000 migrants were arrested per day at the U.S. southwest border...
USA is not the dream destination anymore. I do not understand these people, what do they really expect IF they are able to enter USA - they have no permission (no visa etc.) - they enter as illegals.

They are now in Mexico, I do not think that in all Latin America life is so bad that you have to force yourself (including women and children) into USA.

Of course some places in Latin America are just crazy, dangerous - but this will be also the case for you if you are an illegal and own nothing in USA.
You might end up as an illegal man as a gang member, illegal young women might be end up in the streets as prostitutes, children might end up in shelters without a good future, good health care is also only available if you have money etc. etc.

Really so much better in USA as illegal than compared living legally in Latin America?

I don't know, but I doubt it. Any comment?
-------------------

There are quite a lot of people, who are legally in USA, even are holding US citizenship and are complaining so much about their life in the States. Not so few are willing to relocate, to move over to another country... some for retirement, other however also try to get overseas employment as they are still not able to retire yet...

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Thousands join migrant caravan in Mexico

Post by yick »

They're coming to comparitavely well paid work - there are plenty of opportunities for manual labour for undocumented immigrants who are willing to work hard, if employers and businesses in America didn't employ undocumented labour then they wouldn't come - but businesses employ them and pay them well compared to what's in El Salvador and Guatemala so they come.

Obviously, it is the poorest in society that comes - middle class Latin Americans wouldn't dream of being part of a construction gang (or if you are a woman, working as a chambermaid in a hotel) working ten hours a day without documents - the situation in most of Latin America is getting better and improving for most but not everyone so these people still risk their lives trying to cross an inhospitable border but they do it because there is something waiting for them.

If Americans actually did the jobs the undocumented labour are willing to do then it would also stop but they don't want to do that kind of work and nor do Brits in the UK so labour from eastern Europe comes and they moan about them but who's going to do these jobs if locals won't do them?

I have three cousins in Lima - a doctor and two architects - they would laugh in your face at any suggestion of moving to the states and leave their lives in Peru behind to become chambermaids in the states - they have great lives where they are.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

yick wrote:
December 24th, 2023, 11:47 pm
I have three cousins in Lima - a doctor and two architects - they would laugh in your face at any suggestion of moving to the states and leave their lives in Peru behind to become chambermaids in the states - they have great lives where they are.
Most people who are in professional positions would laugh anywhere. No one wants to go down in life.

Except if you're me. My occupation is considered professional but no one would ever call me a professional because most Americans look at me as low status. One time I legitimately earned a job. I mean I worked hard for it and earned it. Then this asshole literally yelled at me "HOW DID YOU GET THAT JOB??" He said it in a way that was humiliating, insulting, and demeaning towards me. The implication was that someone such as myself did not deserve to be hired in a position like that. I was so enraged at that guy, that he put two restraining orders on me. One while I was in Las Vegas and a couple years later when I was in Panama. Why? Because I had sent him hundreds of nasty emails because I was so angry at him yelling at me one time.

You know....while I'm writing here. I might as well just go ahead and say how I hate how people look at me in America. It's like I'm second hand status. Second class citizen. Not even on the same playing field as everyone else. Why would anyone want to go through life being looked down on?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

kangarunner wrote:
December 25th, 2023, 12:33 am
yick wrote:
December 24th, 2023, 11:47 pm
Most people who are in professional positions would laugh anywhere. No one wants to go down in life.

Except if you're me. My occupation is considered professional but no one would ever call me a professional because most Americans look at me as low status. One time I legitimately earned a job. I mean I worked hard for it and earned it. Then this asshole literally yelled at me "HOW DID YOU GET THAT JOB??" He said it in a way that was humiliating, insulting, and demeaning towards me. The implication was that someone such as myself did not deserve to be hired in a position like that. I was so enraged at that guy, that he put two restraining orders on me. One while I was in Las Vegas and a couple years later when I was in Panama. Why? Because I had sent him hundreds of nasty emails because I was so angry at him yelling at me one time.

You know....while I'm writing here. I might as well just go ahead and say how I hate how people look at me in America. It's like I'm second hand status. Second class citizen. Not even on the same playing field as everyone else. Why would anyone want to go through life being looked down on?
You have to let things go. It has been the cornerstone of my present happiness, that's not to say it's easy, it isn't but it is important to attempt it if you want to be happy.

So this guy who yelled at you about getting this job? Why is he important to you? Why do you care what he thinks? He is just another arsehole you have come across in your life, you are going to let him affect you in this way years later? f**k him!

Obviously, it is part of your past and you can't just 'disappear' that memory so you forgive him and move on - in the same way you forgive a dog for shitting on your favourite Persian rug - it couldn't help it because it's a dog that can't do anything else but shit right right where it stands, well, some people are like that dog - they cannot do anything than be an arsehole and be unhappy and hate their lives and they think if they can get one over on someone by being an arsehole it will make them feel better for a short while but they go back to being unhappy and miserable - when you think of it like that then you can feel sorry for them for leading such shit lives because they're too stupid to try the alternative.

Your Christmas Day is in Vietnam, you have an interesting life, you have beaten the system - how many men your age I know back home who would love your life instead of being married to their big fat wife and spending their Christmas in their overvalued house with a massive mortgage and their ugly, ungrateful children working at a job they hate - YOU HAVE ESCAPED ALL THAT - what you haven't escaped is your feelings of anger about the past but until you do, you will never be truly happy no matter where you go - you need to come to terms with it, forgive them and move on and be happy with your life - person who shouts at you isn't happy with his life - and he doesn't know how to get it on that track except be an arsehole some more and he wonders why nothing is improving - people want their cake and to eat it - they want to be an arsehole and treat people like shit and be happy - that won't ever work for anyone but most people unfortunately do not get it which is why they take the government drugs aka 'happy pills' I know what I would rather do than be zoned out on Prozac because I can't handle the past.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

yick wrote:
December 25th, 2023, 1:04 am
You have to let things go. It has been the cornerstone of my present happiness, that's not to say it's easy, it isn't but it is important to attempt it if you want to be happy.

So this guy who yelled at you about getting this job? Why is he important to you? Why do you care what he thinks? He is just another arsehole you have come across in your life, you are going to let him affect you in this way years later? f**k him!

Obviously, it is part of your past and you can't just 'disappear' that memory so you forgive him and move on - in the same way you forgive a dog for shitting on your favourite Persian rug - it couldn't help it because it's a dog that can't do anything else but shit right right where it stands, well, some people are like that dog - they cannot do anything than be an arsehole and be unhappy and hate their lives and they think if they can get one over on someone by being an arsehole it will make them feel better for a short while but they go back to being unhappy and miserable - when you think of it like that then you can feel sorry for them for leading such shit lives because they're too stupid to try the alternative.

Your Christmas Day is in Vietnam, you have an interesting life, you have beaten the system - how many men your age I know back home who would love your life instead of being married to their big fat wife and spending their Christmas in their overvalued house with a massive mortgage and their ugly, ungrateful children working at a job they hate - YOU HAVE ESCAPED ALL THAT - what you haven't escaped is your feelings of anger about the past but until you do, you will never be truly happy no matter where you go - you need to come to terms with it, forgive them and move on and be happy with your life - person who shouts at you isn't happy with his life - and he doesn't know how to get it on that track except be an arsehole some more and he wonders why nothing is improving - people want their cake and to eat it - they want to be an arsehole and treat people like shit and be happy - that won't ever work for anyone but most people unfortunately do not get it which is why they take the government drugs aka 'happy pills' I know what I would rather do than be zoned out on Prozac because I can't handle the past.
I truly appreciate the thoughtful response. Very good points. Thank you.

You're right....him living his boring, clone life in butt f**k Tennessee with his kids and second wife is probably punishment enough. After all, he'll live and die and will have never tasted the beauty of Asia.

You're right. I should just move on. But I've got some mental disorders.

But I'm too cold at this point. And when my last remaining family member dies, I'm going to give him a very painful revenge.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.