The Philosophy and Meaning of the Matrix Movies

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.
HenryGeorge
Freshman Poster

The Philosophy and Meaning of the Matrix Movies

Post by HenryGeorge »

Experts and philosophers discuss the meanings and concepts behind The Matrix Trilogy movies.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Mark Passio, an occult expert and former higher priest in the Church of Satan, decodes the Matrix Trilogy movies in this incredible 2 hour presentation. He explains what the names, motifs, events and colors in the movie really mean from an occult standpoint as it pertains to the manipulation of our consciousness. It's very mind blowing and worth watching.

He also decodes the Matrix Trilogy during this interview on Down the Rabbit Hole Radio.

To visit Mark Passio's website:
http://www.whatonearthishappening.com
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: The Philosophy of The Matrix Films

Post by Winston »

They are making a fourth Matrix movie now. Here's what we know so far about it, along with some speculations. Neo and Trinity come back to life it seems, and they may be in another matrix again.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: The Philosophy and Meaning of The Matrix Films

Post by Winston »

Great insights and explanations of the meaning of the Matrix Trilogy.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: The Philosophy and Meaning of the Matrix Movies

Post by Winston »

Check out the trailer for the new upcoming fourth Matrix movie called "Matrix Resurrections". Why is it that the fourth sequel is usually called "Resurrection"? The Alien movies and Resident Evil movies followed that pattern too. As if after a trilogy is complete, the only way to revive it is to use the word "resurrection" to appeal to our longing for eternal life or a resurrected savior motif (ala Christianity). lol

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10838180/?ref_=vp_vi_tt

Great comment below the video:

Steelorse
18 hours ago
Why do I have the impression that the old ones are better done graphically? Today we have the technology and I have the impression that everything seems more fake

shahrukh khan
17 hours ago
fake impressions back then look real now.. fake impressions now will look real in future

Happier Abroad - Expat Living and Dating Overseas
1 second ago
@shahrukh khan That's a bad sign then, that the world is becoming more and more fake, starting with America of course. Russia is still very authentic and soulful like the 1970s.

Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Let's see. In the beginning the man who arrives at Neo's apartment door says, "You're my savior. My own personal Jesus Christ."

The plaque in the ship has a reference to a Bible verse, referring to Jesus as the Son of God.

The place is called Zion, where the remnant of humanity lives.

Neo saves them from destruction and gives his life for them.

Nobody else recognize these things?

And no, it isn't Gnostic, because in Gnosticism, to my understanding, each person is his own savior, supposedly, through knowledge rather than through Christ's work.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Neo,
Gnosticism is not about salvation. They do not believe that you need to be saved. That's only Christian and Muslim theology. Gnostics believe in GNOSIS, which is directly experience of God or the divine. That's different from Faith, which can deceive you if you have faith in an invisible entity that can deceive you. Gnosis is far more real and powerful and convincing. There's no comparison. The greatest minds agree, such as Carl Jung, who was a Gnostic too. Salvation theology is about giving your power away to others, it's authority worship, it does not put you in touch with the God within, as Jesus and Buddha taught. What Jesus taught was very different from what Christianity teaches.

Yes the Matrix movies do have religious names and motifs. Zion is one of them. There are others. Many videos on YouTube talk about this. It's a fascinating subject.

Neo did serve as a sort of Christ figure in Matrix 3. There are many videos on YouTube that get heavy into that.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Matt explains what you need to know before you see Matrix 4: Resurrection. He says this is a movie you have to see multiple times to begin to understand it, so it's very deep and complex.

josephty2
Freshman Poster

Post by josephty2 »

The matrix movie, I haven't watched in a long time, I just know that Neo ended up shooting some people.

As of what the movie means?

Um, it means if you're watching it, that people want to do research about you and you are the test subject. Nothing inherently wrong about it.
Then again, some people go all the way (cognitive dissonance/fallacy of incomplete evidence).

Eat dates.

The problem is iphones.