Never finding that true love. Musings at 62

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Never finding that true love. Musings at 62

Post by ladislav »

I did not find that true love of my life. And as I get older, it is becoming obvious to me that I will, most probably, never find it. My life is finite. I do not have forever. Judging by past results, it may not come in the right time or the wrong time. It's most probably not going to come at all!
And it's a blessing, too: the older I get, the less I want to fall in love or have someone by my side. I used to feel lonely, but no more. The hormones are no longer calling me to start a family.

I appreciate the freedom, and the fact that I do not have to report to anyone. I also love it how I am not legally tied to anyone- anyone who can claim part of my property.

I am rejoicing in the fact that I never produced an offspring. There are many advantages to that. Kids would tie me down as much as wife would.
A married man with kids cannot just take off to another country and live there as long as he wants, come home at 5 AM, and only deal with one's own schedule. He cannot just buzz off to the Amazon and live with a tribe for a year ( exceptions exist, and the family will not be happy).
Yes, unlucky in love, but so many advantages now.

Who will take care of me when I am old? A wet nurse. The government will give me one. Or the government will give me money to hire one.
And me not having a wife and kids by my side does not mean I am going to be alone. You will find me at parties, in clubs, at lots of social activities, meeting new people at all times, and always in very good company- and mostly on my schedule. Being single when older and having some money ( which the wife will not take away) will actually make you less lonely than being stuck seeing the same faces all day.

The flip side of misfortune is another fortune. The one that you make.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Never finding that true love. Musings at 62

Post by Cornfed »

The government has most likely already taken care of your old age with a series of injections. You are delusional if you think you are getting that other stuff.