Philosophy of Suicide

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Re: Philosophy of Suicide

Post by Pixel--Dude »

@WanderingProtagonist
@traveller

I was thinking before about a hypothetical situation where suicide is actually seen as a noble act rather than discouraged by society. Imagine if we lived in a society where Samaritans actually encouraged you to off yourself because the world is overpopulated etc :lol:

Suicide would no longer hold the stigma of the cowards way out. It would be seen as the noble sacrifice and ultimate act of bravery. Suicide victims would be celebrated as selfless souls who valiantly stood aside to make way for others in life lol.

If you think about it. Suicide is already kind of encouraged in society. Look at the video I posted above where the guy talks about kids cartoons including themes of suicide. It's disgusting really.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

I have a hypothetical situation about suicide. Let's say you were given an infinite amount of money and a butler to help you. As an example @CaptainSkelebob2 would have an unlimited bank balance and his butler @Yohan to help him. Your mission is to use your resources and your butler to commit suicide in the most hilarious or creative and elaborate way possible. How would you do it? Let's say a couple of you were doing it and if you won the competition you would be brought back to life by supernatural entities and permitted to keep all the money.

@Lucas88
@publicduende
@MarcosZeitola
@Winston
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

I would use all the money to kill all the people I consider evil, then I'll die the happiest man on earth.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

I have always had suicidal ideation for several years. I've had a lot of problems in my life and a lot of disappointment and I've always struggled to integrate into this shit show we call society. When I've been at the brink of despair I always thought that I should keep living for the sake of those who love me, especially my daughter who I would just f**k up by taking my own life.

In my recent psychedelic experience I realised that I don't need to live just for the sake of others, I should live for the sake of living. I should appreciate my life and all the beautiful things nature has to offer and not get weighed down by the bullshit piled onto me by society.

I think that we always have the choice between life and death, we always can choose to take our own life and "opt out" of this game if things become too much. But for me this is unacceptable! I won't be bullied out of my own life. I will always strive to fight and survive no matter how downtrodden I get because I'm a f***ing warrior!

We should all compare our lives in times of strife to a small plant overshadowed by towering trees! The plant will not just give up and die of its own accord! It will always try to grow, it will fight and choose life! So too, should we!