Meaning of Friendship and Friendliness in different cultures

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.
galii
Experienced Poster

Meaning of Friendship and Friendliness in different cultures

Post by galii »

I always describe it as every person having 3 friendship layers in their bubble: the outer one (which I call black one) is for total strangers, the intermediate one (gray) is for acquaintances that you hang out with but not really know your problems, and the inner one (white) is reserved for your close friends and people who really know you.
I feel like in the south the black layer is very thin, the gray is huge, and the white is very thin too - we let very few people really know our problems.
However in the Nordics I feel it's the other way around: the black and white ones are big and the gray ones is very small. So either you're a total stranger or you're best friends - and they make sure you know where you are
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD-r6efv7kk
The Friendliest & Least Friendly Places I Have Visited Around the World
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Re: Meaning of Friendship and Friendliness in different cultures

Post by Pixel--Dude »

Most people are not authentic true friends. Most people are simply friends with others for utilitarian reasons or out of convenience. True friendship is extremely rare and hard to find.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
March 9th, 2023, 1:39 am
Most people are not authentic true friends. Most people are simply friends with others for utilitarian reasons or out of convenience. True friendship is extremely rare and hard to find.
It is all about the chemicals:
Healthy friendships improve your emotional intelligence. A powerful cocktail of oxytocin, dopamine, and serotonin (all your feel-good hormones) elevate your mood and optimize your hormonal response to stress. Certain people inherently trigger these positive chemical reactions: Your friends!
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

Mercer wrote:
March 9th, 2023, 5:13 pm
Pixel--Dude wrote:
March 9th, 2023, 1:39 am
Even @Pixel--Dude is blackpilled now.
You are probably right. To be honest I am sick of most people and their bullshit! Even my own family are included in this! I can count on one hand the people I actually give a f**k about these days.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.