How would you spend 1 million dollar in 1 year no spending on friends and no investment

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.
galii
Experienced Poster

How would you spend 1 million dollar in 1 year no spending on friends and no investment

Post by galii »

just fun things allowed

or in 1 week or 1 month
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: How would you spend 1 million dollar in 1 year no spending on friends and no investment

Post by MrMan »

galii wrote:
March 21st, 2023, 9:59 am
just fun things allowed

or in 1 week or 1 month
That doesn't sound right. I'd probably just buy stuff from poor street vendors and tip heavily or something like that.
galii
Experienced Poster

Re: How would you spend 1 million dollar in 1 year no spending on friends and no investment

Post by galii »

MrMan wrote:
March 21st, 2023, 1:07 pm
galii wrote:
just fun things allowed

or in 1 week or 1 month
That doesn't sound right. I'd probably just buy stuff from poor street vendors and tip heavily or something like that.
no tips
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

galii wrote:
March 21st, 2023, 1:20 pm
MrMan wrote:
galii wrote:
just fun things allowed

or in 1 week or 1 month
no tips
Buy junk from poor people. Go on trips. But can I not take my wife, kids, or parents? It's not enough money to quit my job and go spend the money, though. What happens if you don't spend it all?

Buying cars is fun. Buying real estate is 'fun'. I'd buy assets that I could sell after the money was spent and the restriction was lifted.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

MrMan wrote:
March 21st, 2023, 1:24 pm
galii wrote:
MrMan wrote:
galii wrote:
just fun things allowed

or in 1 week or 1 month
no tips
Buy junk from poor people. Go on trips. But can I not take my wife, kids, or parents? It's not enough money to quit my job and go spend the money, though. What happens if you don't spend it all?

Buying cars is fun. Buying real estate is 'fun'. I'd buy assets that I could sell after the money was spent and the restriction was lifted.
It is a hypothetical. You can go back to your job without problems after 1 year. No investments. You can not profit from the deal. You have to consume. Your family and friends are not allowed to be involved. Don't cheat. Spend all the money. Is it that difficult?
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

galii wrote:
March 21st, 2023, 9:25 pm
MrMan wrote:
galii wrote:
MrMan wrote:
galii wrote:
just fun things allowed

or in 1 week or 1 month
no tips

It is a hypothetical. You can go back to your job without problems after 1 year. No investments. You can not profit from the deal. You have to consume. Your family and friends are not allowed to be involved. Don't cheat. Spend all the money. Is it that difficult?
In reality I couldn't. If i took a year off, that would mess my job up. I could probably figure out how to spend a million without quitting my job. Your restrictions would make the whole experience much less fulfilling.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

MrMan wrote:
March 22nd, 2023, 3:13 am
galii wrote:
MrMan wrote:
galii wrote:
MrMan wrote:

no tips

In reality I couldn't. If i took a year off, that would mess my job up. I could probably figure out how to spend a million without quitting my job. Your restrictions would make the whole experience much less fulfilling.
Ok let's say after the 1 million you get 50 million. So you do not need a job.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

galii wrote:
March 22nd, 2023, 4:09 am
MrMan wrote:
galii wrote:
MrMan wrote:
galii wrote:

no tips

If you a friendly with a woman, you can't take her out with the money? You can't pay for parties with other people... just by yourself?

If I need to pay to change the fence in the back yard, I can't use the million dollars, even if I have to fix it myself.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

MrMan wrote:
March 22nd, 2023, 7:09 am
galii wrote:
MrMan wrote:
galii wrote:
MrMan wrote:

If you a friendly with a woman, you can't take her out with the money? You can't pay for parties with other people... just by yourself?

If I need to pay to change the fence in the back yard, I can't use the million dollars, even if I have to fix it myself.
Ok I guess tips yes but no charity and you can pay for parties when it goes directly to your pleasure. It should be mainly about your pleasure.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

galii wrote:
March 22nd, 2023, 9:11 am
MrMan wrote:
March 22nd, 2023, 7:09 am
galii wrote:
MrMan wrote:
galii wrote:

Ok I guess tips yes but no charity and you can pay for parties when it goes directly to your pleasure. It should be mainly about your pleasure.
That would make it easier to go through the money. A table for one with gourmet food could get kind of lonely after a while.