How much time do you have left?

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

How much time do you have left?

Post by kangarunner »

I found this link on another site I get news from. It has a remaining time span calculator that tells you how many remaining weeks of "free time" you have left after working hours + sleep + screen time are subtracted.

It says I have about 572 weeks of free time left in my life. That's if I live to be 70.

https://zedkaido.com/blog/lifespan
Every moment of your life is a 'last time'! It arrives; you'll never get it again - and once it's passed, your remaining supply of moments will be one smaller than before. To treat all these moments solely as stepping stones to some future moment is to demonstrate a level of obliviousness to our real situation that would be jaw-droppping if it weren't for the fact that we all do it, all the time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Re: How much time do you have left?

Post by Pixel--Dude »

kangarunner wrote:
April 16th, 2023, 7:38 pm
I found this link on another site I get news from. It has a remaining time span calculator that tells you how many remaining weeks of "free time" you have left after working hours + sleep + screen time are subtracted.

It says I have about 572 weeks of free time left in my life. That's if I live to be 70.

https://zedkaido.com/blog/lifespan
Every moment of your life is a 'last time'! It arrives; you'll never get it again - and once it's passed, your remaining supply of moments will be one smaller than before. To treat all these moments solely as stepping stones to some future moment is to demonstrate a level of obliviousness to our real situation that would be jaw-droppping if it weren't for the fact that we all do it, all the time.
It's a joke, isn't it?! Plus time spent on the toilet and doing other shit you don't actually want to do. When all that is subtracted in top of the things you already mentioned I reckon the free time we actually have is pretty minimal. We are no different to f***ing ants or worker bees living in a dystopian prison world. This world is a f***ing zoo! I absolutely despise this disgusting place! Humanity is f***ing vile! The world is a beautiful place, it's just humanity and its despotic financial systems make life feel like a nightmare!
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
April 17th, 2023, 12:01 am
Plus time spent doing other shit you don't actually want to do.
The why I think of it is why waste all your living energy doing miserable tasks and miserable work when you're going to die anyway?

Unless you're getting paid a lot of money to do those things.

There comes a point when you realize your own mortality and you see the big picture and you just say f**k it....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

kangarunner wrote:
April 17th, 2023, 11:16 am
The why I think of it is why waste all your living energy doing miserable tasks and miserable work when you're going to die anyway?

Unless you're getting paid a lot of money to do those things.

There comes a point when you realize your own mortality and you see the big picture and you just say f**k it....
Despite all the talk about liberalism, feminism, "wokeism" and such, the topic of modern work culture is by far of much greater importance. The corporate rat race or the soulless 9-to-5 grind - exchanging most of one's time and life energy for a meager wage that often barely even covers one's living costs - is a much more serious affront to our personal freedom and autonomy than a bunch of women complaining about "misogyny" or some trannies demanding that we use their pronouns. Realizing that the majority of people exist as nothing more than miserable serfs for the corporate elite is the real redpill, not any of that other nonsense. Those who mindlessly support their own relentless servitude with "moral justifications" about "earning a living" and whatnot are just bluepilled fools. Those who enthusiastically promote such an arrangement are utterly perverse souls.

You have the right idea, @kangarunner. Rather than working yourself to death for a pittance in the US slave plantation like all of those dumb Tennessee redneck Republicans whom you begrudgingly call "compatriots", instead you take up remote work and move to a country with a much cheaper cost of living and where you can afford to work less and enjoy yourself more. You thereby hack the system. That's exactly what the HA ethos is all about in its truest and purest form - hacking the system for our own advantage. A true HA'er seeks to escape the rat race and create his/her own independence. Leave the US/Western rat race plantation slave routine to the fools and naturalized serfs - those who only exist to slavishly serve others who are superior to them. Those of us who are truly redpilled about the nature of modern society should pursue alternative ways to live.

You are a true HA'er and a soul with a genuine instinct for freedom, kangarunner. You're certainly doing well with the HA lifestyle in Colombia. I hope to be in the same position some day.