Eternal hell is not justified

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Eternal hell is not justified

Post by Cornfed »

69ixine wrote:
April 27th, 2023, 6:05 pm
something finite in action cannot in essence reach something perfect or infinite,privation cannot reach completion.

A finite crime cannot reach perfection and totality,it is a privation.
You keep making weird statements you pull out of your ass with no argument or evidence behind them. That is when they even make any comprehensible sense.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

69ixine
Junior Poster

Post by 69ixine »

Cornfed wrote:
April 27th, 2023, 6:16 pm
69ixine wrote:
April 27th, 2023, 6:05 pm
something finite in action cannot in essence reach something perfect or infinite,privation cannot reach completion.

A finite crime cannot reach perfection and totality,it is a privation.
You keep making weird statements you pull out of your ass with no argument or evidence behind them. That is when they even make any comprehensible sense.
You're on a whole nother level,and I am on a whole nother level.

It seems self-evident in how I explain it.A basic knowledge of basic philosophical concepts should be known,it seems you don't understand basic theological terminology,one which I borrwed from the thomistic catholics and reformed and lutheran christians,I am using their conceptual framework and epistemology to make my case.

I don't mean to insult you,but I guess I was just assuming people that post in the philosophy forum would have a basic understanding of philosophical and theological concepts or terms.

Anyway,This has turned a bit sour,so I will not reply to you anymore in this thread.

With all due respect.
scamming simps,and raking in the dough with my AI female version softcore adult pics to get HA to be a reality.

https://playgroundai.com/search?q=huge+breasts
69ixine
Junior Poster

Post by 69ixine »

Cornfed wrote:
April 27th, 2023, 5:52 pm
69ixine wrote:
April 27th, 2023, 5:46 pm
you keep asking me questions that I have as a prelimenary already answered,the highest good is happiness,anything that minimizes that and whole-being/well-being is a privation,thus evil.
What is the evidence for this? Also, whose happiness?
suffering/sadness/depression are privations wouldn't you agree?they are not great (or ideal)making properties would you agree?

Would you agree that happiness is a objective good,that the righteous will be rewarded with it for their obediance?

Does God give anything not good?if happiness is good,it is a perfection and less degrees of happiness would be a aspect of privation,seeing that it is remote from such perfection.

Sorry had to reply,because you're practically asking why 2+2=4 or asking about things that are common sense.
scamming simps,and raking in the dough with my AI female version softcore adult pics to get HA to be a reality.

69ixine
Junior Poster

Post by 69ixine »

For god to willingly give out privation,is contrary to his perfect nature.

he can only proximately give out the greatest good,it would seem atleast to me.

I was hoping for more in depth philosophical discussion on a philosophical forum.

It seems alot of people don't even know the basics of western philosophy,or any philosophies.

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

69ixine wrote:
April 27th, 2023, 6:31 pm
Cornfed wrote:
69ixine wrote:
you keep asking me questions that I have as a prelimenary already answered,the highest good is happiness,anything that minimizes that and whole-being/well-being is a privation,thus evil.
suffering/sadness/depression are privations wouldn't you agree?they are not great (or ideal)making properties would you agree?

Would you agree that happiness is a objective good,that the righteous will be rewarded with it for their obediance?

Does God give anything not good?if happiness is good,it is a perfection and less degrees of happiness would be a aspect of privation,seeing that it is remote from such perfection.

Sorry had to reply,because you're practically asking why 2+2=4 or asking about things that are common sense.
If you are taking it as a priori that some nebulous conception of happiness defines good then that is just you being silly and probably what is confusing you.
69ixine
Junior Poster

Post by 69ixine »

Cornfed wrote:
April 27th, 2023, 6:44 pm
69ixine wrote:
April 27th, 2023, 6:31 pm
Cornfed wrote:
69ixine wrote:

If you are taking it as a priori that some nebulous conception of happiness defines good then that is just you being silly and probably what is confusing you.
Well-being and happiness are ideal wouldn't you agree?They are perfections,right?

Happiness is a good,alongside knowledge,love etc otherwise Being happy wouldn't be a Torah commandment of God like it is in the bible,right?

this is simple to understand.

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

69ixine wrote:
April 27th, 2023, 6:47 pm
Well-being and happiness are ideal
Historically this isn't the general belief.
69ixine
Junior Poster

Post by 69ixine »

Cornfed wrote:
April 27th, 2023, 6:49 pm
69ixine wrote:
It's the inner instinct of man.

it's the goal of all creaturely things,ultimately.

Also I don't really care about historical aberrations due to Catholic or calvinist evil views on ontology and life.

the east and the primitive tribes of the americas retained their human nature.

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

69ixine wrote:
April 27th, 2023, 6:58 pm
Cornfed wrote:
69ixine wrote:
No, forms of hedonism have antecedents but mostly are recent beliefs. Generally happiness and pain avoidance are seen as short term indicators rather than the objects of the exercise.
69ixine
Junior Poster

Post by 69ixine »

Cornfed wrote:
April 27th, 2023, 7:09 pm
69ixine wrote:
April 27th, 2023, 6:58 pm
Cornfed wrote:
69ixine wrote:
No, forms of hedonism have antecedents but mostly are recent beliefs. Generally happiness and pain avoidance are seen as short term indicators rather than the objects of the exercise.
You are still only obeying yahowah to avoid the opposite of happiness,eternal pain,or to attain eternal pleasure.

it's the only motivation of man.basic to our reward system and reptile brain.

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

69ixine wrote:
April 27th, 2023, 7:16 pm
You are still only obeying yahowah to avoid the opposite of happiness,eternal pain,or to attain eternal pleasure.

it's the only motivation of man.basic to our reward system and reptile brain.
No, it is the only motivation of NPCs. Lets not drag the rest of us down to their level.
69ixine
Junior Poster

Post by 69ixine »

perfect justice is always comensurate.finite durative crime=finite durative punishment.

69ixine
Junior Poster

Post by 69ixine »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
May 13th, 2023, 6:56 pm
69ixine wrote:
April 27th, 2023, 1:29 pm
christian argument:a crime against a infinite God deserves infinite punishment

Answer:you cannot commit a crime against an infinite god,by definition.He cannot be slighted or harmed by anything,that is a deficiency.

so a finite crime against an infinite god does not deserve infinite punishment.Such a thing therefore is unjust.

Sinning against god alone harms no one but ourselves. And the proper response to that is not to punish them fprever— but through accountability and healing, guide them away from the destructive nature of their sin,even if there is some finite punishment involved.

god could punish sinners with annihilation aswell,which would minimize sin and also stop suffering.However life is good by nature since he can only create good,and if god chooses total death,it would mean he is unjust aswell.

god instead chooses the option that maximizes both sin and suffering(eternal hell), which directly conflicting with His nature as a morally perfect being and omnibenevolent.

So hell seems like a petty childlike attempt of god at saying 'I told you so'.
Christian Universalism is the way to go for this way of thinking. I'm actually in such a group... basically the bottom line is: "God would NEVER create any souls just to toss them into eternal hellfire unless he's a sadistic cunt".
The bible admits if it's grace it is no longer based on works,but belief is a work.

Noone can earn eternal heaven or eternal hellfire.so since the former in christianity get heaven based on grace,since a finite duration of obediance cannot earn heave,since perfect justice is comensurate,why doesn't the christian god give everyone heaven based on grace?all of it is undeserved.and noone can 'please'a perfect God,as perfection would meet his standard and all the time.Pleasure from a creation or anything outside yourself also is a privation.

the idea that you must obey or believe in him to get to heaven makes zero sense to me.

The christian god tells isaiah and also his disciples that he speaks in parables to stop people from repenting and being saved,and He tells isaiah to decieve in his speech lest the wrongdoers of israel might hear,repent and be healed.

That cannot be that ultimate principle of perfection rather it must be an imposter.

Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

God does not exist Just as Laws do not EXIST!

But many Piece of Shit people need fear of God and/or Government to be somewhat decent people!
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

What is eternal hell? Burning forever in a lake of fire?

Or living an eternity in heaven, being forced to follow tyrannical edicts and give constant praise in the form of songs and worship to an insecure megalomaniac manbaby of a "god" who needs constant attention?

Christianity is zero sum game. Both of these versions of eternal afterlife sound like hell to me...

The Fact that Yahweh has these as our only option and threatens to burn his children who don't worship him shows how psychopathic and crazy this god is. I refuse to bend the knee to this psycho and worship him out of fear.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.