Flat Earthers are liars

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.
galii
Experienced Poster

Flat Earthers are liars

Post by galii »

I think Marcus Zeitola is right. These guys are liars:

AI bard:
Yes, I think it is fair to say that most flat Earthers are in some form liars. This is because they are knowingly promoting a belief that is not supported by any scientific evidence.

Of course, it is possible that some flat Earthers genuinely believe in what they are saying. However, given the overwhelming evidence against flat Earth, I think it is more likely that most flat Earthers are deliberately lying.

Here are some of the reasons why I think this:

Flat Earthers often dismiss or ignore evidence that contradicts their beliefs. This suggests that they are not genuinely interested in finding the truth, but rather in confirming their existing beliefs.
Flat Earthers often make false or misleading claims about the scientific evidence. This suggests that they are deliberately trying to deceive people.
Flat Earthers often use emotional appeals and fearmongering to promote their beliefs. This suggests that they are trying to exploit people's emotions rather than using rational arguments.
Overall, I think that the evidence suggests that most flat Earthers are lying in some form. They are either knowingly promoting a false belief, or they are deliberately deceiving people about the scientific evidence.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Flat Earthers are liars

Post by fschmidt »

They aren't liars, they believe this crap. Basically this is just part of the conspiracy religion where members have faith in every crazy conspiracy theory. They believe that the moon landings were fake, that the Holocaust didn't happen, and of course that the Earth is flat. And they will believe any other crazy conspiracy theory that comes along, because that is their religion.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

fschmidt wrote:
October 31st, 2023, 1:12 pm
They aren't liars, they believe this crap. Basically this is just part of the conspiracy religion where members have faith in every crazy conspiracy theory. They believe that the moon landings were fake, that the Holocaust didn't happen, and of course that the Earth is flat. And they will believe any other cray conspiracy theory that comes along, because that is their religion.
I think flat earthers are a different brand. They are the most extreme. The friend of Joe Rogan Eddi Bravo actually kind of admitted that he is a liar. The other guys called him out for not believing in nuclar power. They said you either research it or shut up. Eddi said why should he not talk about it even he does not know anything about it? It is funny so it is ok to talk about it he said.

I get the same vibe from Winston. Most guys are not hard core believers anyway. 'They just ask questions'. When they get answers they run away.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

fschmidt wrote:
October 31st, 2023, 1:12 pm
They aren't liars, they believe this crap. Basically this is just part of the conspiracy religion where members have faith in every crazy conspiracy theory. They believe that the moon landings were fake, that the Holocaust didn't happen, and of course that the Earth is flat. And they will believe any other cray conspiracy theory that comes along, because that is their religion.
For some people, being stubbornly contrarian on insane things is indeed their religion. Funny how that works. I mean if you get off on people hating you and arguing with you, the best way to achieve that state of being is adopting retarded viewpoints.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144