Who should be a new moderator in the forum?

Announcements and site updates.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Jester would be fine I suppose. He is perhaps the most moderate person on HA. DJfourmoney would be okay I guess if he was interested and had the time, but I doubt he does or cares that much. I agree with Cornfed's points too.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Jester wrote:I feel like Stu at the rehearsal dinner "in Hangover 2".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ryoq3Rv97tg
[at Stu's pre-wedding dinner, Lauren's father stands to give a speech]
Fohn: I admit it. When I first met Stu I was not quite sold. He seemed unattractive. He lacked intelligence and imagination. He was missing the spark you look for in a man. But then I look into Stu's eyes, he reminded me of my sweet brother, Chio. For those who do not know, Chio is learning disabled and lives in group home.
[Alan laughs]
Fohn: But Chio loves khao and that's when I realized, Stu is khao.
[Stu whispers to Lauren]
Stu: What's khao?
Fohn: Khao is soft white rice in lukewarm water. It has no taste. Befitted to small babies and very old people. It is nourishment that everyone can digest. The world needs khao, just as the world needs people like Stu.
[he raises his champagne glass]
Fohn: To my sweet daughter and Stu. Congratulations.
You agendaless, spineless jellyfish.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

cornfed '13, because I just want to watch the world burn!

But seriously, jester. He's objective, respectful, and willing to entertain the ideas of others. djfourmoney would be good, except for the fact that he could care less about the drama that seems to go on around here and would no doubt rather avoid it. Moderating means putting up with some of the more malignant people in this forum, and really isn't something most people would want to do.
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

New forum Daddy ..:

- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

gsjackson wrote:
You agendaless, spineless jellyfish.
:lol:
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

kai1275 wrote:He is perhaps the most moderate person on HA.
If only family members were reading this....
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Renata wrote:New forum Daddy ..:
8)
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Jester gets my vote as well.

The board needs a new figurehead. Winston opens HA then turns into some sort of Jabba the Hutt staying in his Vegas house 24/7 and issuing missives like 7 Things I Hate About Living on Tattooine while his bounty hunters go out collecting and posting real stories about being HA.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
Since zboy will be busy moderating our new Expat living forum that will be troll-free, we may need another moderator for the rest of the forum.

What do you think about fschmidt being moderator? He is very rational and has a good head on his shoulder.

Do you still want to nominate Jester? Is he willing to be a moderator?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Jester gets my vote.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Winston wrote:Hi all,
Since zboy will be busy moderating our new Expat living forum that will be troll-free, we may need another moderator for the rest of the forum.

What do you think about fschmidt being moderator? He is very rational and has a good head on his shoulder.

Do you still want to nominate Jester? Is he willing to be a moderator?
You are running a poll on whether I should be banned, and yet you nominate two members for moderators who clearly would not ban me. Soooo stupid. The new sub-forum idea will be the death blow to the forum. Is there anyone you know who you could consult on running the forum? As it stands, you are setting fire to everything you have built up over the years.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

eurobrat wrote:Jester gets my vote.
Jester, Fschmidt and E_Irizzary would be my three choices.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I talked to fschmidt He has agreed to be a moderator in the main forum, while Zboy moderates his new expat living forum that will be troll free.

Fschmidt's policy will be that racism will be allowed, but only in the racism section. He will only ban for trolling, spamming and personal attacks.

Should we have Jester be a co-moderator too? Or is only one enough?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Winston wrote:I talked to fschmidt He has agreed to be a moderator in the main forum, while Zboy moderates his new expat living forum that will be troll free.

Fschmidt's policy will be that racism will be allowed, but only in the racism section. He will only ban for trolling, spamming and personal attacks.

Should we have Jester be a co-moderator too? Or is only one enough?
Jester is good, too, but I think he might clash with Fschmidt, since he doesn't accept racism as much as Fschmidt does.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Announcement:

Fschmidt is now moderator in the forum for all boards, except for the new expat board which will be moderated by Zboy.

He is very pro-free speech. His policy is that racism is allowed, within civil boundaries, and only in the racism board. But personal attacks, trolls and spammers are not allowed.

If any of you have any issues or complaints, you may PM them to fschmidt.

However, he will be gone this weekend for our HA Meetup. So you will have to wait til after that for a reply from him.

Fschmidt, if you have any questions about the moderator panel, let me know.

Happy Moderating!

Winston