Warning about the abusive behavior here - It must stop

Announcements and site updates.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

momopi wrote:>_<

U.S. Constitution, Article 1 Section 7

Article 1 - The Legislative Branch
Section 7 - Revenue Bills, Legislative Process, Presidential Veto

All bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with Amendments as on other Bills.

Every Bill which shall have passed the House of Representatives and the Senate, shall, before it become a Law, be presented to the President of the United States; If he approve he shall sign it, but if not he shall return it, with his Objections to that House in which it shall have originated, who shall enter the Objections at large on their Journal, and proceed to reconsider it. If after such Reconsideration two thirds of that House shall agree to pass the Bill, it shall be sent, together with the Objections, to the other House, by which it shall likewise be reconsidered, and if approved by two thirds of that House, it shall become a Law. But in all such Cases the Votes of both Houses shall be determined by Yeas and Nays, and the Names of the Persons voting for and against the Bill shall be entered on the Journal of each House respectively. If any Bill shall not be returned by the President within ten Days (Sundays excepted) after it shall have been presented to him, the Same shall be a Law, in like Manner as if he had signed it, unless the Congress by their Adjournment prevent its Return, in which Case it shall not be a Law.

Every Order, Resolution, or Vote to which the Concurrence of the Senate and House of Representatives may be necessary (except on a question of Adjournment) shall be presented to the President of the United States; and before the Same shall take Effect, shall be approved by him, or being disapproved by him, shall be repassed by two thirds of the Senate and House of Representatives, according to the Rules and Limitations prescribed in the Case of a Bill.

Also, read here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_Reform_Act_of_1986
Your point about revenue bills originating with congress which ultimately has the power to override President is taken. But a powerful President can effectively play ball (politics) with congress and shape policy according to his will. A President who manages to implement the bulk of his professed vision tends to get a lot of the credit or blame for their results, even if specific policies originated with certain members of congress.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

ssjparris wrote:hmmmm !! i guess winston is right these guys just keep challenging and arguing. can't we all just get along. Dudes or Dudettes just drop it. :roll: :wink:
Can't speak for others but I don't mean it that way. I've just responded honestly when he addressed me.

BTW, facts are stubborn but very relevant things. I'm always open to being corrected when I get them wrong. I hope others can be too. Its nothing personal. Just don't wanna make arguments based on fiction.
Pacsun
Freshman Poster

Post by Pacsun »

Is this a joke? I post here every blue moon. Every time someone disagrees with you, you throw ad hominids and throw a hissy fit. Throwing your freedom of speech clause out of the window? Everyone can say what they want except disagree with Winston. None of my posts warrant a thread like this. You are being silly. Ban me for my "unruly behavior," whatever that means. Disagreeing with you is not against the law.

You publish your life online for the world to see and you praise yourself to no end and you don't expect people to challenge you or anything? You attack others by calling them stupid and such but when we do it to you it is not fair. If you can't take criticism, don't dish it out.

Winston is always right. The truth seeker and free thinker. You throw that out of the window the moment someone challenges you. You are not going to be right about everything. People are not going to agree and praise you on everything. You ignore the positive and focus on the negative. If someone says Japan is a good place for dating, they are lying and making it up. Your views on Japan are 100 percent scientifically accurate and that is not true.

Your claim about reading people is a huge claim. You got scammed by the Russian girls and you can't say you didn't. I said you must have learned your body language skills after Russia and I guess that was a personal attack. If people are wasting your time, don't post. You can ignore them. What is banning us going to do? Nothing. What if the whole world disagrees with you? What are you going to do?

This is a forum and people are supposed to express their own opinions. You say you don't like censoring people, but you are censoring us when we disagree with you. I feel that is silly. People are going to disagree with you and you have to accept that. You can't always be right all of the time even if you think it is a fact. Disagreeing with you is not a personal attack; you believe that.

I hardly post on this site. I didn't post on here for 3 years until a month or so ago. You also say you are open minded but the way you act right now is so closed minded. Is that a personal attack? I can say your attacks on me, , Rock, Repatriate, and Swincor is personal too. I think you need to open your mind a bit. You are much older than me and you act immature. You do get emotional and throw out ad hominids. Don't dish it out to your members if you don't want it back.

Banning me doesn't make my views disappear. Banning me isn't going to change your views either. You just have to accept people have different views on things even if you disagree.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

We are wasting time more than anything else. Why not concentrate more on giving advice - cultural, legal and financial, and field reports? So much energy is spent in vain. I am sure there are other boards where people can unleash their fury upon each other or be showing off.

In my case, I want to know how to publish an e-book and make money with it.

We should act towards each other the way the Founding Fathers did- hang together or we will all hang separately.

Instead I am seeing a lot of testosterone fueled hot air either from people who are not traveling, not planning to travel or traveling but having a smug, "I am all right Jack", attitude towards other people here. We are deviating.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

ladislav wrote: In my case, I want to know how to publish an e-book and make money with it.
http://www.apple.com/ibooks-author/

A former coworker of mine used this to publish an Armenian recipe book. He made over $18,000 in sales.

I cannot guarantee that you'd enjoy the same level of success, but in general I'd say that Mac & iPad owners have more disposable income to spend.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me.