ATTN: HA Mailing List Now Moved, Subscribe Above

Announcements and site updates.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
Winston
Site Admin

ATTN: HA Mailing List Now Moved, Subscribe Above

Post by Winston »

ATTENTION:

I've found a better way of managing my mailing list at Mail Chimp that's free and just as easy to use and automates the process. This way, users can subscribe and unsubscribe and edit their subscription preferences, without me having to manually add and remove users by hand, which was very tedious and time consuming.

I've already imported my prior mailing list to Mail Chimp, so if you were already on it, you don't need to subscribe again. But if you are new and aren't on it yet, you can sign up by entering your email in the subscription box above in the header and hit Subscribe. Then confirm your email by clicking the confirmation link you receive. That's all there is to it. :)
Last edited by Winston on August 26th, 2013, 6:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Arrgh, I hate that company. Are they OK with dating stuff? Read their small print. They b& my account!

MadMini or Jango might be better.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I guess so. Why not? Did you have a mailing list too? On what subject?

Mail Chimp is the only one that offers free management for up to 2000 subscribers. The others only allow up to 500.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I did have a mailing list to go with my dating site, but I abandoned it when that stupid chimp closed me down! It was annoying that my account was OK for a month then they shut me down.

I don't have a mailing list now, but I do use JangoMail to send out the emails associated with the site (welcome, forgot password, matches etc.) Everyone was told me I should have a list, but I've found men looking for brides seem to be really hard to engage with.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Then Mail Chimp is irresponsible and inconsiderate because if they have a problem with dating site content, they should say so UPFRONT as a warning during the registration process. Otherwise, people will sign up, import their lists and integrate the code into their site, all for nothing as soon as Mail Chimp suspends their account. That's simply rude and inconsiderate and plain wrong. If they don't allow certain content, they need to tell people IN ADVANCE, not after they go through all the trouble of set up. I'm going to email them about this and teach them a lesson in basic ethics and common sense.
Last edited by Winston on October 30th, 2012, 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

They say NO DATING on their T&C's. I'm not sure if they would b& HA on this basis.

Yeah, it was a pain in the ass to pay for 2 months service, get to about 25 subscribers then get banned!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

xiongmao wrote:They say NO DATING on their T&C's. I'm not sure if they would b& HA on this basis.

Yeah, it was a pain in the a** to pay for 2 months service, get to about 25 subscribers then get banned!
Why did you have to pay if you only have 25 subscribers? It's free for up to 2000 subscribers. There was no need for you to pay.

xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Why did I pay? Oh, I think I wanted to make use of one of their services that wasn't free.

I only had 25 subscribers, but the numbers were growing quite fast. Maybe I'll start the list up again, but guys just didn't seem to care.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I found another free way to manage mailing lists, but you have to download wordpress and upload it to your site. After you do so, you can install the WP Responder plugin that has a newsletter manager in it. See here:

http://www.wpresponder.com/

Xiongmao, since you are already using wordpress, this will be a one click install for you. But the newsletter manager doesn't have as many features as mail chimp. It has no ability to handle bounces for you for instance. And it has bugs too that are tedious to get around.

I guess I'll use the WP newsletter manager to send out stuff about dating to my list, and Mail Chimp to send out less controversial stuff.