Tip: What to do if you get page load errors

Announcements and site updates.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
Winston
Site Admin

Tip: What to do if you get page load errors

Post by Winston »

If any of you get page load errors on this site, or it loads up blank, as it sometimes does, then try this:

Push Control R to reload the page, which is easier than hitting the reload button at the top. If you were submitting a post, it will usually resubmit it. If it doesn't, hit the back button in your browser and usually the post you typed will still be there.

But it's a good idea though, after you compose a post, especially a long one, to copy it into the memory first before submitting it, in case something goes wrong so that you don't lose the text. The quickest way to do that is, after you're done composing it, push Control A to select all the text in the form, then Control C to copy it into memory, and then submitting it. That way, the text will be safe in your computer's memory, in case it gets lost and doesn't go through. If that happens, you can just paste it into a new post form by pushing Control and V to paste the text.

Hope these tips help.

Winston
Last edited by Winston on August 26th, 2013, 6:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Do any of you sometimes ever experience the pages in this forum loading up blank too? And then having to reload the page?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Lately I've been getting a lot of page load errors and time outs on this forum. I don't know. Are any of you getting them too? Like every 1 out of 10 page loads seems to result in an error. Is it happening to any of you too?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Are any of you getting long page loading times lately? If so, can you describe it?

***JP***
Freshman Poster

Post by ***JP*** »

Winston wrote:Are any of you getting long page loading times lately? If so, can you describe it?

Yes I am getting a long page loading time. Sometimes only the logo loads and I have to constantly refresh the page until it loads up properly.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

***JP*** wrote:
Winston wrote:Are any of you getting long page loading times lately? If so, can you describe it?

Yes I am getting a long page loading time. Sometimes only the logo loads and I have to constantly refresh the page until it loads up properly.
When the page hangs, what message do you see at the bottom of the browser? Does it say where it is waiting for a script to come from?

***JP***
Freshman Poster

Post by ***JP*** »

actually the top headers of the page load and then it hangs there. I have to refresh a few times for the page to load.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

The problem came from Context Web, which runs my rotating ad scripts for this site. Here is their announcement page about it. The problem seems to be fixed for the moment now though.

https://getsatisfaction.com/pulsepoint/ ... com-17mzh0

EMPLOYEE
Jason Shao (VP of Technology) 8 hours ago

I understand many of our publishers are experiencing problems with their pages due to slow loading from tag.contextweb.com and regret the inconvenience. To shed some light on the issues:

1. Over the past several days we have had a number of challenges caused by our datacenter getting overwhelmed with bursts of too much traffic. These incidents have caused sporadic outages across our entire publisher network.

Our engineering team is hard at work attempting to address these issues - and we will be posting regular updates in this forum over the next few hours and days to keep everyone up to date.

2. Additionally, a number of our publishers have reported consistent problems on their sites, which we believe are related to our tags interacting with other javascript publishers may be using for advertising, comments, analytics, or other purposes.

To address this challenge, our engineering team has developed modifications to force our tags to load asynchronously. This is a substantial change, for which we are running a closed-beta. At this time we are opening up this beta to publishers reporting consistent page load issues. We believe it will speed up page load-time for many publishers affected by this separate issue. If you would like to participate in the beta (which requires small changes to your tags) and have not yet reached out, please email customerservice@pulsepoint.com with a subject line of "TAG BETA:".

Once again we regret any problems your users are experiencing, and thank you for your patience as our team works to address them. We will update this thread at least once a day to keep you informed of our progress.

Jason Shao
VP, Technology