Windows 8 Warning

Discussions computers, internet and mobile technology (cell phones, smart phones, iPads).
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

MrPeabody wrote: Microsoft is really part of the NWO, no question about it.
Has anyone noticed that for RT video programs such as Truthseeker -- extremely harsh critics of TPTB -- the picture has been fuzzed out when you access them through Internet Explorer? Ever since Truthseeker ran a piece about Bill Gates' enthusiasm for eugenics a couple of months ago. The picture comes in fine if you access through another browser.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

I have never really followed the Gates story, one thing is no were near our real rulers when compared to their wealth.

I have never really followed him but I have read he was set up by the elite along the way? with fractional reserve lending of course. They just listed the worlds richest people and he was #1 so that gives you an idea how powerful our real rulers really our because all the mainstream information is squewd badly to hide them.
Time to Hide!
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

Winston wrote:I heard that when you download windows updates you are helping the NSA spy on you. Is that true? Does that mean we shouldn't download them? I've always found it suspicious that Microsoft pushes you incessantly to download them. Like they really care about you. Right.
They don't spy any better after the update than before.
The updates (somewhat) defend against other spies, though.

Anyway, there are many choices besides M$ & Apple.
Many of them are open source (so you can see the code) and most are free to download.
Plenty of "live" (run off CD, no permanent changes) versions, too.
People like to kvetch about M$, but many are too lazy to switch or even TRY something else. :roll:

bonus reading:
https://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/ ... ain_s.html
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

http://www.propublica.org/article/the-n ... encryption

Your operating system doesn't matter when the NSA can see every bit of information that leaves your computer or is sent to it anyway. Very few things the government would take an interest in never reach the Web. But if you are that concerned, build a secondary linux box and never connect it to the web or any network, and physically remove any wifi capabilities the machine has.
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

Guys the OS doesn't matter; Mac, Windoes, Linux, Dos ... once you're Online & connected you are accessible. The Internet is the door.
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

I heard some countries want to do a new internet because of this?
Time to Hide!
deasil875
Freshman Poster

Post by deasil875 »

Went back to Windows 7 after trying out 8 and found the GUI to be horrid with all of the busy, dueling interfaces. Cannot tell you how many times it would jar and disrupt my productivity and workflow. For f***s sake when will Microsoft ever listen to the consumer and realize that newer isnt always better?

Being locked into the Microsoft ecosystem, esp. when you don't want or need to be, is another reason to avoid Win8.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Moretorque wrote:I heard some countries want to do a new internet because of this?
I know that if I was a leader I would have an intranet specific to my country and then only allow tiny isolated internet service spots. Any country that continues to use the American controlled internet is sacrificing their national security and independence.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

OP,
If that story were true, that Windows 8 had a backdoor to the NSA, then wouldn't everyone in the whole computer programming community know about it? They can see all the source code.

If you want Windows 7, I'm sure you can get a pirated copy from the torrent sites. Just don't update it.

What is the purpose of these updates anyway? Windows seems to want to download updates every single day. Sheesh.

I have a question. If you are stuck with Windows 8, is there a way to load it up without that annoying start screen with colored boxes appearing, but instead loading it up to the desktop instead?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne