Why does my Windows 10 often freeze, hang and lag? Do any of you have the same problem?

Discussions computers, internet and mobile technology (cell phones, smart phones, iPads).
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why does my Windows 10 often freeze, hang and lag? Do any of you have the same problem?

Post by Winston »

Have any of you upgraded to Windows 11? If so, do you recommend it? What do you think of it?

https://www.tomsguide.com/features/shou ... ed-to-know
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Re: Why does my Windows 10 often freeze, hang and lag? Do any of you have the same problem?

Post by TruthSeeker »

I have it on one of my machines. I don't really see a big diff. I don't like that you can't adjust the height of the taskbar. (Maybe I'm doing something wrong.)

It is possible if you don't like Windows 11 you can just do a clean install of Windows 10.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Any of you using Windows 11 yet? If so, how do you like it? Is it a resource hog? It must be because every new edition of Windows requires more memory.

How is Windows 11 any better exactly?

I am getting a new laptop with more RAM. Ebay has tons of good deals on refurbished laptops now.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
glanmit
Freshman Poster

Post by glanmit »

Had that issues recently and had to go with the completely new software. I am not a very tech savvy person, so wasn't easy for me to be honest, still with the help of informative research customer service i solved that and now everything works just fine. I guess there is nothing wrong in asking for a help when we need it.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Winston wrote:
December 11th, 2022, 8:31 pm
Any of you using Windows 11 yet? If so, how do you like it? Is it a resource hog? It must be because every new edition of Windows requires more memory.

How is Windows 11 any better exactly?

I am getting a new laptop with more RAM. Ebay has tons of good deals on refurbished laptops now.
It's better because it uses more memory!

Maybe... maybe... new versions of windows are better for security. But I call them 'downgrades' because the user experience keeps getting worse. They have 11 on some machines I use at work. Why put the search bar in the middle of the screen? It's just an annoying change, not an improvement.

I'm still displeased that after they changed from XP, they took away our ability to change the light bulb white backgrounds to gray or whatever other color we wanted. Idiotically, when Windows 95 came out, they made the default setting light bulb white for the background. Mac, whose ideas they ripped off, used a softer gray, and websites went with gray backgrounds which were easier on the eyes. Then, idiotically, most computer users kept their backgrounds white, until Microsoft just removed the feature to change the background, due to lack of demand. Web designers decided to make everyone stare at light bulb,too. MS Accessibility options change all the other colors when we don't need them to. I use pluggins on websites to get a decent background color.

My Windows 10 isn't usually bad for glitching or lagging. I don't know if I want to upgrade (downgrade?) to 11.