Should we move HA back to Godaddy webhosting?

Discussions computers, internet and mobile technology (cell phones, smart phones, iPads).
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Re: Should we move HA back to Godaddy webhosting?

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

@Yohan

I'm in America, East Coast, Verizon FiOS 100mbps.

All the other websites works fine except this website and forum.

It is a pain in the A$$ to post anything here. Whenever I post, I get a connection time out, which prevents me from posting.

No wonder people like Publicduende and Marcos Z couldn't post because both of them in Manila, Philippines and their internet is not that fast compared to Japan and the U.S.

If Winston let this site continue like this then it's the final nail in the coffin. An American idiom, meaning, going nearly to the end of the journey.
He is going to lose out all of his loyal users and new comers also.
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
March 5th, 2024, 8:57 pm
@Yohan

It is a pain in the A$$ to post anything here. Whenever I post, I get a connection time out, which prevents me from posting.

No wonder people like Publicduende and Marcos Z couldn't post because both of them in Manila, Philippines and their internet is not that fast compared to Japan and the U.S.

If Winston let this site continue like this then it's the final nail in the coffin. An American idiom, meaning, going nearly to the end of the journey.
@Natural_Born_Cynic

I don't know about MZ, but I have a 800 Mbit/s connection at my place. The Philippines have definitetely filled up the gap in terms of Internet connectivity, at least in the large metropolitan areas and major cities.

I think the slowness of the site comes from the cloud and machine that hosts it: BlueHost must have reduced HA"s public bandwidth, database and server performance due to their (in)famous "shared hosting" model.

I am no web hosting expert, but I have been using GoDaddy for more than a decade and never had a single negative, never a single complain. They are a competent company and probably deserve to be where they are.

Another company I have been using extensively for bare metal cloud (renting physical machines) is OVH, a French company with data centers aroudn the world. Not the best overall, far from it, but definitely the cheapest.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

publicduende wrote:
March 6th, 2024, 5:14 pm
Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
March 5th, 2024, 8:57 pm
@Yohan

@Natural_Born_Cynic

I don't know about MZ, but I have a 800 Mbit/s connection at my place. The Philippines have definitetely filled up the gap in terms of Internet connectivity, at least in the large metropolitan areas and major cities.

I think the slowness of the site comes from the cloud and machine that hosts it: BlueHost must have reduced HA"s public bandwidth, database and server performance due to their (in)famous "shared hosting" model.

I am no web hosting expert, but I have been using GoDaddy for more than a decade and never had a single negative, never a single complain. They are a competent company and probably deserve to be where they are.

Another company I have been using extensively for bare metal cloud (renting physical machines) is OVH, a French company with data centers aroudn the world. Not the best overall, far from it, but definitely the cheapest.
@publicduende

My bad for that assumption. Damn.. you must've use some enterprise grade internet in Manilla because you run a IT company. Mine is just basic 100mbps package from Verizon which is a c*cksucking money grabbing company. They "nickle and dime" my ass every month with some fictional nonsense such as Cell phone tower tax: $0.34, Federal telecommunication admin cost: $0.80, and State landline tax: $0.12, etc.

Bluehost is definitely going downhill after they got acquire by giant conglomerate called EIG several years ago. After the acquisition, quality went down and price went up.

https://blog.cynderhost.com/what-is-eig ... r-godaddy/

Godaddy also sucks ass and suffer the same problem as bluehost

https://onlinemediamasters.com/godaddy- ... ng-review/

Winston should look for independent smaller web hosting company with great reviews. All the big companies offer substandard services and lack of hosting power.
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!