My "Reactionary Software" website

Discussions computers, internet and mobile technology (cell phones, smart phones, iPads).
mahayana
Freshman Poster

Re: My "Reactionary Software" website

Post by mahayana »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
November 4th, 2023, 7:13 am

I find it odd how this supposedly new user uses language like quoted above. Why would a new user say you say modern scum like a parrot? If he's new he wouldn't say that. But of course, we all know he isn't really new, don't we @Mercer5? :wink:

I am a new user and if you bothered to actually read through this entire thread you would have noticed that @fschmidt used the same insult "modern scum" many times just like a parrot would repeat the same words over and over again. Wait, so has that been something he's said on this forum for years? If so, that's even worse. But then again, I'm new here so I wouldn't know that. Who is Mercer5, by the way? Is he yet another homosexual poster on here who denies being gay or something? Because I can tell you for a fact that I'm completely straight.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Mr. Mistoffelees wrote:
November 4th, 2023, 2:51 pm
(=◉ᆽ◉=)

Not gonna lie to you

It's pretty unsettling that both the moderators here think the eradication of a percentage of humanity is acceptable....
Just shows that we have good judgement.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

I know that all programmers here are scum, but I started a project for people who want to learn reactionary programming. It's here:

http://test.disearch.org/tools/why.html
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

fschmidt wrote:
November 9th, 2023, 11:18 am
I know that all programmers here are scum, but I started a project for people who want to learn reactionary programming. It's here:

http://test.disearch.org/tools/why.html
Given my own prickly personality, it's pot calling kettle black to point out that you are needlessly alienating potential users by calling them scum. On the other hand, nothing wrong with stripped down website, which clearly advertises your beliefs without you having to explicitly state them.

I'm probably not a potential user of your tools myself because I'm happily retired and just use whatever end-user apps are available fit Android and Windows. If they break or are abandoned or become crappified, then switch to something else. For example, I just lost my beloved Rocket Player music player when Android updated a few days ago and broke it. But GoneMad stepped in to provide the same capabilities with a clumsier interface.

Big problem I experienced, back in the day when i was a developer, was a tendency to spread myself out on too many projects, only to get bogged down with maintenence later. So without having used any of your tools, if I had to give one piece of advice, it world be: ruthlessly abandon projects that are not money makers to allow focus on the ones that are.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Shemp wrote:
November 9th, 2023, 3:03 pm
Big problem I experienced, back in the day when i was a developer, was a tendency to spread myself out on too many projects, only to get bogged down with maintenence later. So without having used any of your tools, if I had to give one piece of advice, it world be: ruthlessly abandon projects that are not money makers to allow focus on the ones that are.
One of the points of reactionary software is that it is almost zero maintenance. I write the code and it just runs forever. But I focus development effort on whatever has the best potential.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

I realize that all other programmers here are scum. I think it is easier to make good people into programmers than to make evil programmers good, so I am developing a programming course for anyone who isn't modern scum. My course is here: http://www.reactionary.software/learn.html And I just wrote a Bash tutorial: http://www.reactionary.software/learn_bash.html