Windows Update Bricked my PC

Discussions computers, internet and mobile technology (cell phones, smart phones, iPads).
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Windows Update Bricked my PC

Post by TruthSeeker »

Why does Microsoft release untested, unproven updates? Their latest update(s) corrupted my hard drive. It was unrecoverable.

Fortunately I backed up my important data. That's why it's important to do a backup at least once a month.

I bought a new Solid State Drive at a cost of approx. $40. Microsoft should reimburse me for this, plus my time, plus stress they have caused.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Re: Windows Update Bricked my PC

Post by TruthSeeker »

I was able to recover some of my files on the corrupted drive by attaching a USB cable.

By the way if you password protect your Windows computer, someone can just pull out your hard drive and access all your files using a USB cable that is unless somehow you encrypt your drive.

I wonder if my hard drive failed because it was a cheap drive (Silicon Power 128GB SSD 3D NAND TLC A58 Performance Boost SATA III 2.5" 7mm (0.28") Internal Solid State Drive) or because of the Windows Update. It was in the news lately that Windows Update screwed up some peoples computers.