Black women out of options and seeking interracial dating

Discuss racial, ethnic and multicultural issues. Warning: The topics here are likely to be taboo, so if you are easily offended, you are better off not participating here.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

I don't get it. If a considerable percentage of black men are in jail, or die young in gang shootings and other self-destructive nonsense, shouldn't the rest have more black women than they can manage?

http://www.youtube.com/user/mayorofblacktown4 wrote:AMEN! Black women are now the mockery of the world!

She doesn't have a "knight-in-shinning-armor" or "prince charming" because SHE DESERTED THE 1960's BLACK POWER MOVEMENT AND JOINED WOMEN-POWER (aka Feminism!!!) Nor is she supporting our Men's Movement now!!!! She's worse than Eve of the bible who deserted Adam!
keylis
Freshman Poster

Wow!

Post by keylis »

I am reading this thread..amused and horrified at the same time! I am a Black American woman married 5 years to a Ukranian man. I've been to Ukraine about 4 times and have a fantastic time with his friends and family while I am there. i also speak Russian enough to have a conversation and read it fluently. I just have to state I didn't seek my husband nor did he seek me based on some preconceived notions about race or ethnicity. We just happened to fall in love (and he is gorgeous and smart, to boot). Although I am married to him, I would NEVER bash an entire group of men by stating , "All Black/White American, Hispanic, Asian men are______" What a sad and pigeonholed life to generalize people--it's also intellectually lazy. For the record, not all Black American women are loud, fat and uneducated and how sad to see Black men on here degrading women that look the same as the ones who gave birth to them. Gentlemen, perhaps it's not the ladies you speak so contemptuously about that are the problem.....
odbo
Veteran Poster

repeating scenario

Post by odbo »

keylis wrote:I am reading this thread..amused and horrified at the same time! I am a Black American woman married 5 years to a Ukranian man. I've been to Ukraine about 4 times and have a fantastic time with his friends and family while I am there. i also speak Russian enough to have a conversation and read it fluently. I just have to state I didn't seek my husband nor did he seek me based on some preconceived notions about race or ethnicity. We just happened to fall in love (and he is gorgeous and smart, to boot). Although I am married to him, I would NEVER bash an entire group of men by stating , "All Black/White American, Hispanic, Asian men are______" What a sad and pigeonholed life to generalize people--it's also intellectually lazy. For the record, not all Black American women are loud, fat and uneducated and how sad to see Black men on here degrading women that look the same as the ones who gave birth to them. Gentlemen, perhaps it's not the ladies you speak so contemptuously about that are the problem.....
999 out of 1000 American women are horrible human beings and are unfit to be girlfriends, wives, mothers.

50 out of 1000 American men conclude American women are trash.

1 out of 50 of those same men bother trying to do something about it.

1 out of 50 of the men trying to do something about it, go online and discuss on forums.

American woman finds the discussion and posts that men shouldn't generalize. Since not all American women are trash, that means no women are at fault and men are in fact the problem.

Is that the jist of it?
keylis
Freshman Poster

Re: repeating scenario

Post by keylis »

odbo wrote:
keylis wrote:I am reading this thread..amused and horrified at the same time! I am a Black American woman married 5 years to a Ukranian man. I've been to Ukraine about 4 times and have a fantastic time with his friends and family while I am there. i also speak Russian enough to have a conversation and read it fluently. I just have to state I didn't seek my husband nor did he seek me based on some preconceived notions about race or ethnicity. We just happened to fall in love (and he is gorgeous and smart, to boot). Although I am married to him, I would NEVER bash an entire group of men by stating , "All Black/White American, Hispanic, Asian men are______" What a sad and pigeonholed life to generalize people--it's also intellectually lazy. For the record, not all Black American women are loud, fat and uneducated and how sad to see Black men on here degrading women that look the same as the ones who gave birth to them. Gentlemen, perhaps it's not the ladies you speak so contemptuously about that are the problem.....
999 out of 1000 American women are horrible human beings and are unfit to be girlfriends, wives, mothers.

50 out of 1000 American men conclude American women are trash.

1 out of 50 of those same men bother trying to do something about it.

1 out of 50 of the men trying to do something about it, go online and discuss on forums.

American woman finds the discussion and posts that men shouldn't generalize. Since not all American women are trash, that means no problem exists and men are in fact the problem.

Is that the jist of it?
I think it's irrational for anyone to generalize about any group of people, not just men. Great statistics, BTW. :roll:
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Wow!

Post by Rock »

Stereotypes are really based on chance and probability. Too many black women fit what's being discussed here to ignore. There's always exceptions. I could name you some current or former NBA players who are 6' or under. But how common is that?

In the case of African American women, I'm sure the rate of exception is much higher than shorter NBA players. But still, your case sounds pretty special. You're about as typical a black American woman as Winston is typical Taiwanese.
keylis
Freshman Poster

Post by keylis »

Rock wrote:
Stereotypes are really based on chance and probability. Too many black women fit what's being discussed here to ignore. There's always exceptions. I could name you some current or former NBA players who are 6' or under. But how common is that?

In the case of African American women, I'm sure the rate of exception is much higher than shorter NBA players. But still, your case sounds pretty special. You're about as typical a black American woman as Winston is typical Taiwanese.
You are comparing perceptions about character traits and personality to physical traits such as height. Apples and oranges? As far as "Too many black women fit what's being discussed here to ignore"...how many Black women have you known well enough to make that presumption? Where we live, lots of Black women date men from Europe, so I am not really atypical.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

keylis wrote:
Rock wrote:

You are comparing perceptions about character traits and personality to physical traits such as height. Apples and oranges? As far as "Too many black women fit what's being discussed here to ignore"...how many Black women have you known well enough to make that presumption? Where we live, lots of Black women date men from Europe, so I am not really atypical.
I've known a lot of black American women well enough to quickly realize the best course of action is to stay away from them. How well do you need to know someone who treats casual acquaintances or even strangers with a crappy attitude and aggressive rudeness to recognize basic personality traits, at least as far as your relationship with them is concerned? This dynamic played-out with a highly disproportionate number of the black American girls I witnessed relative to white or Asian females. And I spent a few years in a predominantly black American neighborhood. Funny thing is, when I first moved there, I was hoping to date a black girl too.

So I shouldn't draw analogies between height and perceptions of personality traits? Yes, height is absolutely provable whereas general perceptions about character are not. Anyway, I'm really talking more about behavior patterns here. If you behave badly towards me, I'm going to wanna avoid you even if you have the character of a saint. If I detect a strong pattern of being treated badly by one group much more than another after dealing with dozens or hundreds of cases, I"m going to instinctively learn to avoid that group. Its human and animal nature do do so.

I don't know where you live that lots of black women are dating European men. But taken as a whole, I think its exceptional in the States to date foreigners. By far, its most common for Americans to date other Americans just like its most common for locals in China to date other Chinese. Is that comparison apples to apples?

Understand, where there's smoke, there's fire. Some American guys are getting really tired of how a large percentage of black and other American women behave towards them. So they react. This may be through rants, relocating abroad, or both. That's a big part of what this forum is about.

Your personal case or that of your friends does not change the reality faced by these guys. And we could argue all day about what percentage these generalization apply to: 1%, 10%, 50%, etc. Suffice it to say that its a large enough group to create some pretty strong bias for a significant group of guys.

And the negative perceptions about black women are not confined to American men. You would be shocked at how some Asians perceive black women. Why do you suppose this is? Is it all the media's doing and absolute BS? Or could there be some truth behind it? Do you believe black American women behave, on average, exactly the same as white American women or Asian American women? In other words, there are absolutely no differences in common behavior patterns between these groups?
Last edited by Rock on January 12th, 2012, 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Black women have earned their reputation. They work pretty darn hard at it daily.

In order to fix this problem, black women should change their behavior, rather than trying to adjust the speech of others.

That is not to say that every black woman is like that. It is only that the ones which are encountered by the members here are like that.

The ones who arent like that probably marry Russo-Ukrainian men by accident.

As for the rest of them, well, actions will speak louder than words.

I think there are some white guys around who would consider dating black women. Unlike the show Shameless, and just like ErikHaven stated above, it would only be about sex, not about marriage and family.

I also know quite a few racists of different races who would (and have had) no problem having sex with one of the evil members of the race(s) they hate.

When I was in school, there was this really pretty black girl. She was about 1/4th Italian and looked like a black Adriana Lima, but very very short. She was very stereotypical though. She wasnt angry or hostile in particular, but she had a child out of wedlock, loved thugs, and completely bashed all those foreign, submissive women and the men who choose them as losers. She also had a new BF every week or so, and would tell the entire class about how she'd have sex with some, and just scam the others for free dinners. Her favorite line was, "There's no shame in my game." Or something like that.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Wow Keylis, is that you in the photo? You're pretty hot. I find some Black American women very attractive, but I have never dated one and most don't seem interested in me...

Anyway, you gotta admit, it is not very typical for a Black American women to marry a Ukranian man; you are very unique person. Plus the fact that you are able to speak and read another language is atypical for a typical dumb-downed, stupid American. So, please don't get offended by some of the stuff that is written here; we're not very politically correct in this forum in case you noticed.

Nobody here is saying that ALL Black women act ghetto or rude; just that in some black communities, acting ghetto is what is expected of them. Of course, I've met many cultured and sophisticated Black women in my life, so no, I'm not racist. You're right in saying generalizations are not a good thing, and some people including me have been guilty of that; but, how can you deny that CERTAIN aspects of black culture--and American culture in particular--is very poisonous and damaging; for example, inner city culture is very pervasive in many Black communities. Can you say this a good thing for most Black people?

Of course, this is not limited to blacks only; Look at the the decline in the morals and values of white people in the West. Social decline has been occurring in most parts of the world.
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

So what if a Black woman gave those men birth? You sound just like all of the other women when you say that. If it were true that all Black women were not like that, then what are you doing about the ones that are?

Bitch, you are either blind as hell, in denial, or secretly that way.
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

And by the way, I am Black, too. You can say you're not like that and "not all Black American woman are like that" until you're blue in the face, but at the end of the day you won't bother to TRY TO correct a Black American woman who is acting crazy because, deep down, you support their actions, by default-- if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
keylis
Freshman Poster

Post by keylis »

Adama wrote: The ones who arent like that probably marry Russo-Ukrainian men by accident.

As for the rest of them, well, actions will speak louder than words.

I think there are some white guys around who would consider dating black women. Unlike the show Shameless, and just like ErikHaven stated above, it would only be about sex, not about marriage and family.
How do you marry someone "by accident"? I know some white guys who have married and have families with black women. I knew one black woman married to a Russian man. They have FIVE kids and she speaks Russian flawlessly, much to the admiration of Russian people who know her.
keylis
Freshman Poster

Post by keylis »

zboy1 wrote:
Wow Keylis, is that you in the photo? You're pretty hot. I find some Black American women very attractive, but I have never dated one and most don't seem interested in me...

Anyway, you gotta admit, it is not very typical for a Black American women to marry a Ukranian man; you are very unique person. Plus the fact that you are able to speak and read another language is atypical for a typical dumb-downed, stupid American. So, please don't get offended by some of the stuff that is written here; we're not very politically correct in this forum in case you noticed.

Nobody here is saying that ALL Black women act ghetto or rude; just that in some black communities, acting ghetto is what is expected of them. Of course, I've met many cultured and sophisticated Black women in my life, so no, I'm not racist. You're right in saying generalizations are not a good thing, and some people including me have been guilty of that; but, how can you deny that CERTAIN aspects of black culture--and American culture in particular--is very poisonous and damaging; for example, inner city culture is very pervasive in many Black communities. Can you say this a good thing for most Black people?

Of course, this is not limited to blacks only; Look at the the decline in the morals and values of white people in the West. Social decline has been occurring in most parts of the world.
Thank you. Yes, that is me and DH.
keylis
Freshman Poster

Post by keylis »

Rock wrote: Do you believe black American women behave, on average, exactly the same as white American women or Asian American women? In other words, there are absolutely no differences in common behavior patterns between these groups?
What is American "culture" and behavior? It's the most unique social construct on the planet--a hodgepodge of Native American, Western European, African and now Eastern European/Jewish and Asian cultures. I think that a black woman and white woman, especially born and raised in the same area whose families have been here for generations have more in common "culturally" than say, a 2nd generation Asian American. You go down the line to a 4th or 5th gen Asian-American; those cultural difference become less. A black female lawyer who lives in a swanky high-rise on the North shore of Chicago has more in common culturally with another white American female who lives in her building than she does with a young, under-educated, black woman from South Central, LA. American cultural differences are not so much based on race; rather socio-economic lines.
Last edited by keylis on January 13th, 2012, 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.