Racism in Israel (and among Jews)

Discuss racial, ethnic and multicultural issues. Warning: The topics here are likely to be taboo, so if you are easily offended, you are better off not participating here.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Racism in Israel (and among Jews)

Post by ladislav »

If you think about Jews as one monolythic mass out to take over the world with Zionism, think again. Not only many Jews are racist against Arabs but they are racist against their own. Jews from Ethiopia and Russia- believe it or not are being discriminated against by native born Israeli Jews. Ethiopian Jews for being poor and Black. Russian Jews for being poor and too assimilated into the Russian culture, speaking Russian and having Slavic names. Jews who speak Russian have been beaten by the police and attacked by street gangs.

Looks like Israel sucks. Can you imagine this?

One Jew from Russia explained about the bigger problem in Israel- there are no jobs, no money and no women.
Last edited by ladislav on November 15th, 2012, 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

I was there several years ago and I noticed it. It is likely worse now.

Jews there are divided between, religious and non-religious; Askinazim and Sephardic, established Israelis and newcomer Israelis, black and white, Yemeni and European, Hardliner and peacenik, etc. It is a mess.

I also found the Hasidim and those from America to be the most radical and bigoted of all. It is only natural.

On a positive note, the assholes in Israel were in the minority. Most often I found them to be quite welcoming and open-minded with me as a black American.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Israel seems like a hell-hole, from all the videos I've seen about the place. Very racist place as well--as all the Youtube videos posted attest.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

Perhaps they got all the info and artifacts they could get out of the Jewish Ethiopian leadership; now they have no more use for them.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

I was over there as a teenager with my family a few years ago. We had a British tour guide. Lots of cats everywhere. Soaking in the dead sea is awesome. That racism's probably not off the mark, but it's not like I saw any altercations. One night in the city square, I think it was in Netanya, this white van came out of nowhere and started blaring techno music with flashing strobe lights. They were this weird Jewish religious sect all following this one rabbi trying to get recruits by being hip and outlandish. Kinda like a flashmob. On the last day I saw on the side of the road a young woman in IDF uniform. On one arm was a rifle, the other a tote bag with a flower on it. Odd dichotomy.
Andrewww
Freshman Poster

Post by Andrewww »

I swear Jews are most closed minded, selfish nation on earth. I hold nu grudges against anyone but I've never seen a bunch of idiots with their heads so far up their asses.