Black students failing, raised by poor single women

Discuss racial, ethnic and multicultural issues. Warning: The topics here are likely to be taboo, so if you are easily offended, you are better off not participating here.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Black students failing, raised by poor single women

Post by Mr S »

University of Texas professor claims black students are failing because they are raised by poor single women

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z2Er6hxCde
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Re: Black students failing, raised by poor single women

Post by OutWest »

Mr S wrote:University of Texas professor claims black students are failing because they are raised by poor single women

Of course that is so- with most black children being born out of wedlock and then raised by poor single mothers, the result is a disaster for these children, and this corrupt failing system that destroys the future of these children will be defended to the death by most blacks, including many posters on this forum. Look at who runs the cities where black children are neglected in horribly run school districts...and very predictably, they will be re-elected every time no matter what...

Outwest
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

I bequeath that i dont defend that ingrate-like paradigm down to my fellow h.a. members.

I really do not defend single mothers unless they became that way from losing
their hubby in a war that their hubby was enlisted in.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

Racist! :wink:
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

The professor is right even though it's not politically correct to say it. Of course, a single child raised a without a father is most likely destined to be a failure in life (though there are exceptions). I don't think that's news really. And he's also right in pointing out that failure in the Black and Hispanic communities is not shunned as much in other groups (the Asian community for instance).
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Yo mama is single.

All the single mamas
All the single mamas
:P

Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Re: Black students failing, raised by poor single women

Post by Teal Lantern »

Mr S wrote:University of Texas professor claims black students are failing because they are raised by poor single women

Can't say he's wrong, but the point will be missed. The typical low-brow bigot will get a kick out of the headline while missing the larger point that single motherhood is the issue. If the prof had said 'Single motherhood is to blame for failing students', he'd be out the door.

Single motherhood (as a starting position or as a result of frivorce) as some badge of honor is being promoted throughout the anglosphere in movies & music.
What people like to smugly call black/thug/ghetto/barrio/whatever culture this year -- is their own grandkids' behavior 10-20 yrs down the road, after their (former) daughter-in-law has cashed out their son and stolen his children. Then it's not so funny. Bad habits are the easiest to pick up, no matter what group comes up with them first.

We Don't Want No Education (1995)
http://www.city-journal.org/html/5_1_oh_to_be.html
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

zboy1 wrote:He's also right in pointing out that failure in the Black and Hispanic communities is not shunned as much in other groups (the Asian community for instance).
That's is the understatement of the year. Failure is actually celebrated as authentic by many blacks, and black success is deeply resented.

This is a cultural vestige from slavery days that promotes flouting what is perceived to be an unjust system that serves the interest of others.
ILoveBlackAmericanWomen
Freshman Poster

Post by ILoveBlackAmericanWomen »

Excuses excuses... All I read is excuses..anyone with low grades is because they WANT low grades. What about all the people raised by single moms who are Doctors college grads etc?? When are people gonna start taking responsibility for thier actions?? You can not control your parents separating but you can control YOUR OUTCOME!!
To be white or black - is to not be a human, but a living definition and label. To be a slave to definition, to fashion, to the industries that market us like cattle, emptying our pockets like the udders of the cow, being paid to cut our bodies for cosmetics, benefiting off of putting harsh chemicals on our heads, making money off of us choosing to live and participate in the reality they created. Don't be "black", don't be "white", don''t be "Asian", don't be "Latin." Destroy the illusion, become human.
ChosenTraveler
Freshman Poster

Post by ChosenTraveler »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
zboy1 wrote:He's also right in pointing out that failure in the Black and Hispanic communities is not shunned as much in other groups (the Asian community for instance).
That's is the understatement of the year. Failure is actually celebrated as authentic by many blacks, and black success is deeply resented.

This is a cultural vestige from slavery days that promotes flouting what is perceived to be an unjust system that serves the interest of others.
This is truth.
"Never forget that intelligence rules the world and ignorance carries the burden."- Marcus Garvey

http://exiledpharaoh.blogspot.com