Thoughts on the fat acceptance

Discuss Anti-Feminism, Men's Rights, and Misandry (hatred of men in America).
mattyman
Junior Poster

Thoughts on the fat acceptance

Post by mattyman »

It angers me to see the ways that SJW's are getting their way, introducing plus sized mannequins and banning posters of fitness companies with trim women in bikini's.

The thing I most disagree with is the undertone that it's somehow sexist for men to be attracted to non-overweight women. I also don't think it's good to promote being fat as something normal or healthy to be, nor encourage people to not aspire to be a more trim version of themselves. On the other side of the coin, there is the argument that some of the models do have a degree of beauty which isn't attainable for the average Jane. I agree only to an extent however, this should NEVER be used as an argument to lower the aspiration of weight and beauty to the opposite, fat extreme. This is what I disagree with. With feminism, it's never about balance, it's about us vs. them.

As a side note, although I don't find overweight women attractive, nor do I think women shouldn't aspire to be slim, what I seriously disagree with is the simplistic narrative 'fat people are lazy'. I think if anything, it's messages like this that are playing a role in the obesity epidemic. The more individualistic a society, the more prevalent this shallow judgemental mentality and the less benefit of the doubt. For people who are losing weight and are not getting results, these messages make them feel inadequate, like they're not trying hard enough and if anything, lead people to give-up. Weight problems always have complex psychological components, and are almost always the result of patterns. I think that much of the fitness industry is largely ignorant of or has an overly-simplistic understanding and if anything, is part of the problem.

There's also the fact that if being overweight is made more socially-acceptable, it has wider costs to society beyond there being a lower abundance of hot girls to go about for everyone. The diseases of obesity are well-known and they have major cost implications for the potential burden on health care systems. The big concern is that it's going to make obesity socially-acceptable. It is true that people might need to accept some parts of themselves and what they can aspire to be, but that is no reason to get rid of all things to aspire to, to throw the baby out with the bath water.

What is absolutely unacceptable is to imply that men are somehow sexist or entitled for not finding obesity attractive.

Any thoughts?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

w.p.o.
Freshman Poster

Re: Thoughts on the fat acceptance

Post by w.p.o. »

The fat/ugly has the inability to compete with the slim/attractive (too lazy to eat healthy and exercise), therefore they have to create a league of their own. The feminists try to shame guys into liking their $hit sandwiches. They want us to find them attractive without taking time to improve their appearance. I was called ugly in 7th grade (by a black chic), so I vowed to build the best physique I possibly could. By the time I graduated highschool, I managed to acquire a physique of an amateur bodybuilder. Because I shot for a different hairstyle - letting it grow while keeping it well uniformed (think micheal jackson of the early 80s), the italian girls would speak to me a lot. In fact, on the first day of college, a (white) woman in my class asked me if girls try to talk to me all the time. After looking around and realizing it was me she was speaking to, I told her that they ignore me all the time. After giving her question some thought while driving home, I noticed it was only italian girls (and exchange students) who spoke to me. Needless to say, from that time on, blk wmn were obsolete - even to this day.

Instead of trying to shame girls for not finding me attractive (many actually did, but they kept it under wraps), I optimized my genetic potential by eating ridiculously clean (my parents thought I was odd lol), taking up bodybuilding, trying a different hairstyle and switching to olive oil instead of lotion. The difference is I wasn't lazy as these idiots who think they don't need to change in order to make heads turn.