I'm sick and tired of American TV females shitting on men!

Discuss Anti-Feminism, Men's Rights, and Misandry (hatred of men in America).
gits
Freshman Poster

I'm sick and tired of American TV females shitting on men!

Post by gits »

I've started this topic to collect and discuss examples of misandry
(man hating) that is seen in everyday commercials and movies.

Examples of Misandry in the American Media; Post yours here!

To start, I am famous for quoting the american cereal commercial,
where a wife berates her husband into a corner for trying to have a
conversation with her. In the end, she asks her husband, Steve,
what else the box says. With an "I can't win" attitude, he resonds,
"It says 'shut up Steve.' "

Remember , it's the corporation that chooses to follow this style of
marketing towards the man-hating woman.

I look forward to any responses!
Last edited by gits on December 21st, 2009, 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

http://healingthesplit.tribe.net/thread ... fb92cae92f

"However, an extensive content analysis of mass media portrayals of men and male identity undertaken for a PhD completed in 2005 through the University of Western Sydney focusing on news, features, current affairs, talk shows and lifestyle media found that men are widely demonised, marginalised, trivialised and objectified in non-fiction media content that allegedly presents facts, reality and ?truth?.

The study involved collection of all editorial content referring to or portraying men from 650 newspaper editions (450 broadsheets and 200 tabloids), 130 magazines, 125 TV news bulletins, 147 TV current affairs programs, 125 talk show episodes, and 108 TV lifestyle program episodes from 20 of the highest circulation and rating newspapers, magazines and TV programs over a six-month period. Media articles were examined using in-depth quantitative and qualitative content analysis methodology.

The research found that, by volume, 69 per cent of mass media reporting and commentary on men was unfavourable compared with just 12 per cent favourable and 19 per cent neutral or balanced. Men were predominately reported or portrayed in mass media as villains, aggressors, perverts and philanderers, with more than 75 per cent of all mass media representations of men and male identities showing men in one of these four ways. More than 80 per cent of media mentions of men, in total, were negative, compared with 18.4 per cent of mentions which showed men in a positive role. "

==========

We actualy lack both positive male and female role models on TV. When "The Simpsons" is cited as one of the better shows for family values...
gits
Freshman Poster

thanks!

Post by gits »

Thank you! I'll add more soon. I'm just getting started.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

http://www.snpp.com/other/articles/simp ... ealed.html

People are not interested in reading one-sided rants. I'd recommend starting with the lack of male, female, and family positive role models on TV today. Winston mentioned a comparison between the old Battlestar Galactic to the re-imaged series, that's actually a pretty good one to cite. Other shows that you might want to watch, "Weeds" (bittorrent it) and Outrageous Fortune (NZ). Really f*cked up family values there.
gits
Freshman Poster

Post by gits »

I don't really care that my forum post wasn't celebrated by all Happier Abroad posters.

I'm still going to bet that someday, people are going to be studying it.

I like weeds, a lot, although, probably because I'm living in LAmsterdam right now.

I don't like the "Just do what I say " attitude of the female star. Reminds me of my mother too much.

The most recent commercials that I have found that show men as idiots happens to have the same male actor (or at least they look the same).

The Yo plait yogurt commercial, where the guy is looking through the fridge, and the other commercial for a husband caught in the gift section of Walmart just before valentines day.

Maybe I should just rant about the effects TV has on multi media moguls like myself.

I just put out a second book. I gotta post that under the reading section. http://www.theoilsandsofalberta.com
FuzzX
Freshman Poster

Post by FuzzX »

The new battle star galactica is sooo much garbage.. I watched two episodes into the first season and couldn't watch anymore. The 1970's BS was a million times better.

Since when are Star Buck and Boomer supposed to chicks... that just sucked. Not to mention the TOTAL lack of imagination in the series. Complete and total crap drama fest... no wonder so many women loved it.
FuzzX
Freshman Poster

Post by FuzzX »

[quote="FuzzX"]The new battle star galactica is sooo much garbage.. I watched two episodes into the first season and couldn't watch anymore. The 1970's BS was a million times better.

Why were Star Buck and Boomer chicks??? That just sucked, not to mention the TOTAL lack of imagination in the series. Complete and total crap drama fest... no wonder so many women loved it.

Why are there so many women into science fiction now? When I was a kid, I was teased endlessly for liking computers, sci-fi and fantasy... now every woman has a computer strapped to her waist....