New York City is a hard place to define.

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Temprano26
Freshman Poster

New York City is a hard place to define.

Post by Temprano26 »

Now I cannot say that NYC is a good place for meeting women. Quite the opposite really, as I keep hearing that women there only have interest in Wall Street guys and even if that is not true, nobody speaks much to each other anyway. Certainly riding the trains long enough, I could meet some friendly individuals but in the big picture everyone wants to be left alone, especially in January. The friendliest person I met was a homeless guy I bought hot chocolate for. Or they were transplants from somewhere else. I felt lonely in the most crowded places up there.

Central Park is beautiful to walk around in though and I could spend a month doing that alone. The art museums illustrate a rich history and I loved the different kinds of food everywhere, particularly Dominican take out. Also, New Year's Eve in Times Square isn't as great as everyone thinks it will be. Mostly it was just a crowd of cold unfriendly people that I wouldn't have been able to escape from the closer I got to midnight. There is a lot to recommend in going to NYC but there is a swelling of anger building up in the small corners of it.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: New York City is a hard place to define.

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

New York appeals to a certain type of character. The thought of even visiting that place is revolting, yet there is a particular type of bloke who thrives in New York. They often rave about it and recommend it as if most people would thrive there when the opposite is true.

New York is for shopping, business, entertainment and foreign tourists, but not for meeting women unless that type is your niche.
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

I like NYC. It definitely has its charm.

Some women will not even speak to strangers, but that didn't really stop me from trying to talk to pretty women that I liked. I have experience with approaching random women for soul winning, for directions and for chit chat. It does depend on the woman though.

That's kind of similar to Toronto when I visited there, but that was only for a short time. I do think there sometimes has to be a serious attraction before a woman is willing to talk, not just a random conversation.

Central Park is awesome, and I would visit on a daily basis when I lived within walking distance. Also lots of foreign women who stroll through there, and some of them are open to conversation.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
August 12th, 2019, 10:57 am
New York appeals to a certain type of character. The thought of even visiting that place is revolting, yet there is a particular type of bloke who thrives in New York. They often rave about it and recommend it as if most people would thrive there when the opposite is true.

New York is for shopping, business, entertainment and foreign tourists, but not for meeting women unless that type is your niche.
I just got off of the NYC kick a couple of years ago; I used to be one of those blokey dopes whom revered in such banter and myopia. Now if you were to ask @@zboy1 and I about NYC 25 years ago, we would revert to being one of those blokes of whom you speak. NYC was so much more dangerous under Edward Koch & David Dinkins especially yet so fcuking fun!!!! Great time for sex, violence, drugs, pilfering, forgery, larceny, sequestering, impersonation, you name it....prostitution existed in the forefront of NYC (although always illegal) until 9/11 which drew attention to the City and gave it its "great reset" already....hence why the typical Brooklynite nowadays is originally form Dubuque, Iowa yet lives in the Dumbo section of gentrified Bklyn making per annum 6-digits in Marketing or as a certified PMP or something of the sort.