Having lots of Luck on couchsurfing.com...NOT

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Having lots of Luck on couchsurfing.com...NOT

Post by MattHanson1990 »

Well I'm having zero luck finding places to stay even on couchsurfing.com. It seems like it's a bogus site. I messaged this one girl in El Paso and she replied to every one of them, but when she told me 2-3 days maximum, I told her I could shorten my trip, and NO response from her...EVER!!!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Chrissays
Freshman Poster

Re: Having lots of Luck on couchsurfing.com...NOT

Post by Chrissays »

I don't want to sound like a know it all, but please don't rely on other people for your own comforts, time etc.

Ain't shit going to happen for you and someone else for damn sure won't unless you do it for yourself.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Girls dont have issues finding a place to crash on CS

I get annoyed when guys send me CS request, wtf, of course I cant specify 'NO Males' in my profile but its a common sense

Upload a pic of some good looking male and im sure you will get many responses from both sexes
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

Banano wrote:Girls dont have issues finding a place to crash on CS

I get annoyed when guys send me CS request, wtf, of course I cant specify 'NO Males' in my profile but its a common sense

Upload a pic of some good looking male and im sure you will get many responses from both sexes
Lol, I even got no responses from guys on CS as well.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

The American girls on couchsurfing are very picky and politically coerect. You'll have better luck finding guys to stay with. I've stayed with many hosts on cs. Touristy areas and big cities have the most hosts.

European girls are much more open to letting guys stay with them. They aren't as anti-male nor do they disdain men.

Did you post a request in the general request section that will be sent out to all available hosts automatically? It's much easier then sending messages one by one which takes a long time.

You can also try hospitalityclub.org and globalfreeloaders.com. They have many hosts as well. I stayed with many on those sites too.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Banano wrote:Girls dont have issues finding a place to crash on CS

They do if they are traveling with a boyfriend. Lol. Then guys will not let them both stay. Lol. I've seen desperate couples on couchsurfing with no place to stay have to resort to sleeping on the street or in the car.

I will let some guys stay with me if they are interesting or we have something in common. But only if I have nothing better to do.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Do you guys hit on every girls you host, surf,meet?
Cs girls told me most guys will try their luck
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Banano wrote:Do you guys hit on every girls you host, surf,meet?
No you can't just hit on them. If you do then you run the risk that they will be creeped out and offended by the attempt and as a result may then post negative feedback about you on couchsurfing which will impair your chances of getting hosts or hosting others. You gotta remember that CS is not a dating site and so trying to use it as one can constitute a breach of service or abuse of the site if the girl complains.

But some guys do get laid on couchsurfing or hook up there. So it's a gray area. It's all situational.

You gotta read their body language and chemistry first and put out subtle hints of your intentions, then gauge their reactions. Girls will drop clues and give signals that will let you know if they want you to make moves on them. But if you get cold platonic body language with zero emotion then just forget it.

With experience you can tell which girls are open to seduction and which aren't. You gotta escalate things in a smooth way without coming on strong. That's the trick.

MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

Winston wrote:
Banano wrote:Do you guys hit on every girls you host, surf,meet?
No you can't just hit on them. If you do then you run the risk that they will be creeped out and offended by the attempt and as a result may then post negative feedback about you on couchsurfing which will impair your chances of getting hosts or hosting others. You gotta remember that CS is not a dating site and so trying to use it as one can constitute a breach of service or abuse of the site if the girl complains.

But some guys do get laid on couchsurfing or hook up there. So it's a gray area. It's all situational.

You gotta read their body language and chemistry first and put out subtle hints of your intentions, then gauge their reactions. Girls will drop clues and give signals that will let you know if they want you to make moves on them. But if you get cold platonic body language with zero emotion then just forget it.

With experience you can tell which girls are open to seduction and which aren't. You gotta escalate things in a smooth way without coming on strong. That's the trick.
Is it also the same thing on Hospitality Club?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

MattHanson1990 wrote: Is it also the same thing on Hospitality Club?
Yes Hospitality Club is a free accommodation site for travelers too. Lots of nice people on there, but usually very liberal and politically correct. Go to their site and see.

http://www.hospitalityclub.org

You can also try Global Freeloaders. It has no pics on it but is quick and easy to use. You can send one message to many hosts at once, which much faster than sending a separate message to each host at a time.

http://www.globalfreeloaders.com

MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

Winston wrote:
MattHanson1990 wrote: Is it also the same thing on Hospitality Club?
Yes Hospitality Club is a free accommodation site for travelers too. Lots of nice people on there, but usually very liberal and politically correct. Go to their site and see.

http://www.hospitalityclub.org

You can also try Global Freeloaders. It has no pics on it but is quick and easy to use. You can send one message to many hosts at once, which much faster than sending a separate message to each host at a time.

http://www.globalfreeloaders.com
I didn't get any responses on Hospitality Club whatsoever
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

You also gotta remember Matt, that if you are new and have zero feedback on your profile, then people will not want to host you. They like to host people with lots of positive feedback on their profile which shows they have been vouched for. So get a few friends to give you feedback first. Even airbnb.com works the same way.

Also try to create an interesting profile and talk about all your hobbies and stuff. If you sound like an interesting guy with lots of cool hobbies and sound very positive on your profile, then you will get more approvals from hosts. You gotta have passions and hobbies and interests and stand for something and sound cool. So you gotta have a good profile too.