Feminist Breadmaker Uses Female Urine to Bake Bread

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Feminist Breadmaker Uses Female Urine to Bake Bread

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

This feminist baker collects urine from women’s restrooms to make her special ‘Goldilocks’ bread.

https://allthatsinteresting.com/louise- ... rine-bread

I am looking forward to her getting around to inventing "special" red velvet cake!
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Feminist Breadmaker Uses Female Urine to Bake Bread

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
August 14th, 2020, 2:47 am
I am looking forward to her getting around to inventing "special" red velvet cake!
Period blood...she collects menstruation from used maxi pads from women's restrooms, puts them into a centrifuge back at the laboratory and extracts the delta'ed samples of blood platelets out of it. Now that's a "bloody Mary" m8. :lol:
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

This feminist baker collects urine from women’s restrooms to make her special ‘Goldilocks’ bread.

Excellent click bait and a photo-op for her brand of "eco-feminsm". :) If you read carefully, she is only using urine to fertilise the wheat that will be used for her bread. No more cringeworthy than what our farmer grandparents used to, when they would throw the contents of their chamber pots straight into the fields, or underneath a specific tree.

What I am not getting is why she's branding this, frankly great, idea as "feminist" since men's urine could also be used for the same purpose.

Using human products directly into food is something associated to witchcraft and Satanic rituals which, as I hear, may well be real. Maybe we should direct our disgust to these.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Does she harvest pregnant women's urine in order to give eaters a boost of estrogen? She could call it transbread.

It's an article about fertilizer. What does she do about the salt content?

At least it put her name there. So now people can just avoid her bakery instead of avoiding all the bakeries in France. France is known for its bread.
Last edited by MrMan on August 14th, 2020, 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

hypermak wrote:
August 14th, 2020, 6:47 am

Excellent click bait and a photo-op for her brand of "eco-feminsm". :) If you read carefully, she is only using urine to fertilise the wheat that will be used for her bread. No more cringeworthy than what our farmer grandparents used to, when they would throw the contents of their chamber pots straight into the fields, or underneath a specific tree.

What I am not getting is why she's branding this, frankly great, idea as "feminist" since men's urine could also be used for the same purpose.

Using human products directly into food is something associated to witchcraft and Satanic rituals which, as I hear, may well be real. Maybe we should direct our disgust to these.
After I started seeing the woman I would marry, I brought her to the house. The other fellow I shared the house with was not there, but the maid was. He asked me if she had a strange voice. He said the maid said she said something, and imitated her with a strange, mocking voice. I said her voice was normal. He said he was suspicious that he maid liked me.

He'd worked in a diner, so he taught the maid to cook pancakes and shredded hashbrowns. I'd order hashbrowns in the mornings sometimes. I started finding bits of hair in the food.

In Indonesia, that's a way the do witchcraft. They may put their hair in their food to make you fall in love with them. I heard about a noodle vendor who put his underwear in the noodles as witchcraft to make people like it. The cart spilled, and they saw his underwear on the ground. In the US that works like magic, too. Put underwear and hair in the food, and poof, like magic, your customers disappear.

One of my wife's cousins got a peak into a branch of a well-known noodle restaurant's kitchen and saw a baby hand. They had it there for a magic charm. If I recall correctly, he reported it and that branch was shut down.

In Indonesia, if some unattractive woman lures a man away from his family to marry her, people may speculate that he was 'digunain.' 'Guna' or 'guna-guna' means some kind of magic or witchcraft... that the woman used some kind of love spell to get his attention. There are 'dukun'-- witchdoctors some people go to to get amulets or spells. They supposedly put rocks on people's teeth and they just disappear into the teeth. The amulet is supposed to make the person invulnerable, make people like them, make them rich, or whatever. I heard a story about a guy who fell into one of those nasty ditches full of black goo near a factory and he was laying there suffering from being poisoned until they called for the dukun who put the rock in his tooth to take it out so he could die. He took it out, supposedly, and the guy died. Such are the stories you hear there about such things. My wife had a DVD of a church deliverance service where they cast a demon or demons out of a man and nails, rocks, etc. were falling out of his body, amulets he let the witchdoctors put into him.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

MrMan wrote:
August 14th, 2020, 3:00 pm
After I started seeing the woman I would marry, I brought her to the house. The other fellow I shared the house with was not there, but the maid was. He asked me if she had a strange voice. He said the maid said she said something, and imitated her with a strange, mocking voice. I said her voice was normal. He said he was suspicious that he maid liked me.

He'd worked in a diner, so he taught the maid to cook pancakes and shredded hashbrowns. I'd order hashbrowns in the mornings sometimes. I started finding bits of hair in the food.
I think it's exactly the same in the Philippines. Bits of tribal culture live side by side with the official religion (Christianity or Islam) and they do include white and black magic, witchcraft, the whole lot. I can imagine the maid took a liking on you and wanted to end up married with you. Even without the hair in the food, maids or other people of very modest social status throwing themselves at the "handsome foreigner" is quite common. Sometimes it's themselves, sometimes it's their daughter, sisters or granddaughters.

Not one, but two of my kitchen assistants, both cute but not exactly stunners, started to come to work with breasts that looked at least 2 sizes larger. One of the station chefs started to joke about it and I asked him why the transformation. He said, giggling, they started to wear padded bras because they were both single again and "hunting" :)

I think the belief in these superstitions and rituals is still alive and kicking in the rural areas. I saw very little signs of it in the big city.
MrMan wrote:
In Indonesia, that's a way the do witchcraft. They may put their hair in their food to make you fall in love with them. I heard about a noodle vendor who put his underwear in the noodles as witchcraft to make people like it. The cart spilled, and they saw his underwear on the ground. In the US that works like magic, too. Put underwear and hair in the food, and poof, like magic, your customers disappear.
LOL :D :D
MrMan wrote:
One of my wife's cousins got a peak into a branch of a well-known noodle restaurant's kitchen and saw a baby hand. They had it there for a magic charm. If I recall correctly, he reported it and that branch was shut down.
A real baby hand?? Embalmed? I guess the charm didn't work too well, as it led to the restaurant's demise. :)
MrMan wrote:
In Indonesia, if some unattractive woman lures a man away from his family to marry her, people may speculate that he was 'digunain.' 'Guna' or 'guna-guna' means some kind of magic or witchcraft... that the woman used some kind of love spell to get his attention. There are 'dukun'-- witchdoctors some people go to to get amulets or spells. They supposedly put rocks on people's teeth and they just disappear into the teeth. The amulet is supposed to make the person invulnerable, make people like them, make them rich, or whatever. I heard a story about a guy who fell into one of those nasty ditches full of black goo near a factory and he was laying there suffering from being poisoned until they called for the dukun who put the rock in his tooth to take it out so he could die. He took it out, supposedly, and the guy died. Such are the stories you hear there about such things. My wife had a DVD of a church deliverance service where they cast a demon or demons out of a man and nails, rocks, etc. were falling out of his body, amulets he let the witchdoctors put into him.
I am not sure what to believe, in these stories. Sometimes they are self-reinforcing myths that are spread to make a particular witch doctor, or the entire "industry" more popular. Even video footage of these exorcisms or miracle healing may well be staged. I am not completely ruling out that a handful of cases existed where these unexplicable phenomena really took place. It's just very hard to separate myth from fraud from reality.

I do believe in the power of suggestion of the human mind and the placebo effect, though. That is very well proven. I also tend to believe in the power of collective prayer, a form of psychic energy that can be channeled to heal or destroy an individual, even unwillingly.