Why can't Asians hold deeper intellectual conversations? Why are they never interested in higher truth or philosophy?

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Guys,
What if I did this?

What if I gave you the emails of two Asians I know, one an ABC and another who only studied in the US? Both of them are doctors, who got good grades and studied hard? One is my cousin, the other a family friend.

Then you could email them both, and find that they are very nice and helpful people, kind and good natured. But you'd soon realize that they have no freethought in that they don't know anything and don't think anything other than what society told them and what they read in their medical textbook?

Would that convince you of my claims?

Remember that Euro joke about the UN Ambassador asking "What in your opinion is the best way to end food shortage in the world?"

The African replied "What is food?"

The Chinese replied "What is opinion?"

The European replied "What is shortage?"

And the American replied "What is the rest of the world?"

Doesn't that stereotype of the Chinese having no opinions hold a lot of truth? What do you think?

Stereotypes do not exist for nothing. They are based on some reality usually. Don't you all know that?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Winston wrote:
Then you could email them both, and find that they are very nice and helpful people, kind and good natured. But you'd soon realize that they have no freethought in that they don't know anything and don't think anything other than what society told them and what they read in their medical textbook?
Have you convinced these two doctors that your superior intellectual reasoning and stereotyping of people is far more enlightened than their useless medical degrees?
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:
momopi wrote:
Winston wrote:Momopi,
Here is a list of people who say that I am very unique and freethinking. It includes two people who are very respected on this forum, Ladislav and Larry Elterman, as well as Steve Hoca and others. It is beyond obvious that I am VERY unique from other Asians. Why don't you like to admit that? Is it against your nature to give such compliments? Why not be honest and truthful like the others were? I mean I give you compliments and credit where it is due, so why can't you do the same?
Surely you are not trying to argue that I'm a common Asian are you???
Save your self-promotion for selling ebooks. I gave praises when you got off your butt and went abroad. Talk is cheap, and action speaks louder than words. If you want praises, get out of the house and do something with your life. If you want recognition, work harder at your chosen field or project. If you're looking for attention, get a GF.
I am all about action. You should know that by now. Everything I've said it backed up, which is why I have credibility. I do what I say. My work online attests to my insight and freethinking. I already have tons of recognition, such as in the quotes I showed you. I was just wondering why you can't admit that I am definitely very unique, when other honest people can. Why is that so hard? Why the psychological block? I give credit where it's due. And I compliment you justly too. I am honest and fair about it.
As far as field work goes, you WERE about action, for awhile. But now it seems you have hit a rut and are resting on your laurels.

For me, your site was initially interesting cus you got out there and aggressively pursued regular girls in exotic countries, some of which are dangerous for you. And you shared it all via photos and vids. This, more than anything else, is what made you stand-out as a unique Asian Americans IMO.

But once you got to Phils, it all deteriorated to mostly to P4P action, still interesting for some but much more mundane and ordinary. About any guy with a bit of money and a break from work can do that and many do including lots of NE Asians. You found also found gf there too which is cool. But you talk and act is if you are not at all ready to settle down.

The last few months have been even worse. You've subjected yourself to a sedentary lifestyle behind a keyboard and TV screen in a country you can't stand and with parents who sap all your energy. Your justification for this is work. But wouldn't you work more efficiently in a country which made you feel alive and energized?

Fortunately, your site has generated some traction and attracted many interesting posters, writers, and experts. That's the current source of most of the creative content.

And whether or not 90% or 99% or even 100% of NE Asians are closed (however you define that term when applying it to a population) seems to be a moot point by now. For me, the more relevant issue is whether or not NE Asia has the potential to boost the social and dating lives of a significant proportion of frustrated males from the west. I believe at least some parts of it do. And I have provided my rational for this belief in many other posts.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Well Rock, at least I'm honest. Most guys if they are in a down cycle will cover it up and never talk about it publicly.

I'll bet most of the guys here have a lot of skeletons in their closet that they would never talk about.

Are you saying you are not ashamed of anything in your life?

The person in the ring, even if ridiculed, deserves more respect than the armchair quarterback critics.

Acting like everything is always great and perfect is boring. If stories and Shakespeare plays were like that, they'd be boring. The suffering and tribulations are what make human existence more interesting and meaningful.

Of course, since you are more pragmatic and numbers oriented and left brained, you don't see the big picture as much. Like I said I'm attuned to a different wavelength than you.

But I'm not here to provide endless entertainment anyway. What do you know of my Russia stories? Just what you saw in the videos? Have you read my journals? If not, then you haven't gotten into the meat of what I experienced. My stories were very entertaining. Even Repatriate, who plays devils advocate, admits that. So there is plenty of entertainment for you to read, if you want.

You can start with this story, but I warn you, it is VERY blood boiling:

http://www.happierabroad.com/The_Negotiator_Scam.htm

Btw, you should be careful not to tell every Western guy that NE Asia is a great place for dating. If you give false hope, you may be blamed later for it.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:Well Rock, at least I'm honest. Most guys if they are in a down cycle will cover it up and never talk about it publicly.

I'll bet most of the guys here have a lot of skeletons in their closet that they would never talk about.

Are you saying you are not ashamed of anything in your life?

The person in the ring, even if ridiculed, deserves more respect than the armchair quarterback critics.

Acting like everything is always great and perfect is boring. If stories and Shakespeare plays were like that, they'd be boring. The suffering and tribulations are what make human existence more interesting and meaningful.

Of course, since you are more pragmatic and numbers oriented and left brained, you don't see the big picture as much. Like I said I'm attuned to a different wavelength than you.

But I'm not here to provide endless entertainment anyway. What do you know of my Russia stories? Just what you saw in the videos? Have you read my journals? If not, then you haven't gotten into the meat of what I experienced. My stories were very entertaining. Even Repatriate, who plays devils advocate, admits that. So there is plenty of entertainment for you to read, if you want.

Btw, you should be careful not to tell every Western guy that NE Asia is a great place for dating. If you give false hope, you may be blamed later for it.

1. No, we all probably have skeletons. I think most prefer not to fully expose themselves.

2. Yes, you got balls. Respect. Its much easier and lower risk to remain anonymous behind keyboard. Understand, working people in companies have a lot at stake - not wise to be reckless on Internet. People get fired for overly frank Tweets or Facebook rants all the time. Others attract lots of haters and get bullied online (sound familiar).

3. Yes, but inactivity is always boring. When you were in Russia, you had plenty of suffering and tribulation, right? That was still interesting. People could put themselves in your shoes and learn from your mistakes.

4. Being pragmatic and having a helicopter view (another term for big picture vision) are not mutually exclusive. You seem to see the world in basic black and white , either or, 0 or 1 terms. Are you sure that at some level in yours subconscious, your thinking hasn't been influenced by your family members who you say are all very closed minded?

5. If you hope to maximize revenue from your sites, it is in your best interest to keep it as endlessly entertaining and/or useful to as broad an audience as possible.

6. I did read many of your journal entries quite some time ago. It kind of confused me at first because, based on the theme of your site, I was expecting you to be very successful at attracting lots of CIS women. But you ended-up getting teased and played more than anything else. And your conclusion seemed to be that Russian woman are generally not attracted to Asian men. Not a very inspiring case for going there. But thanks for your openness and honesty, not pretending to succeed where you didn't.

7. Well I never made promises regarding Taiwan. Just reported the gist of my large observation and experience base. Talk to some of the young foreign men at Tai Da or Zhen Da on exchange or at Shi Da learning Chinese. Most of them will not complain about lack of access to local women or no social opportunities. Sure, some may not be attracted to local girls or miss the types activities available in a place like say, Manhattan (if they are from there). But majority of them will find it easy to attract social opportunities with locals and other foreign students.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote: I am all about action. You should know that by now. Everything I've said it backed up, which is why I have credibility. I do what I say. My work online attests to my insight and freethinking. I already have tons of recognition, such as in the quotes I showed you. I was just wondering why you can't admit that I am definitely very unique, when other honest people can. Why is that so hard? Why the psychological block? I give credit where it's due. And I compliment you justly too. I am honest and fair about it.
If you're all about action, why are you still sitting in front of your computer?

Winston wrote: But I'm not here to provide endless entertainment anyway. What do you know of my Russia stories? Just what you saw in the videos? Have you read my journals? If not, then you haven't gotten into the meat of what I experienced. My stories were very entertaining. Even Repatriate, who plays devils advocate, admits that. So there is plenty of entertainment for you to read, if you want.
Go to more countries and write more journals. Do this before your parents are too old and you have to stay in TW to look after them.
DCX_10
Freshman Poster

Re: Why can't most Asians hold intelligent conversations?

Post by DCX_10 »

The opposite is true from my experience.
Winston wrote:This might sound a bit racist and pointless, but it's true.

99 percent of Asians can't hold intelligent conversations. Even educated ones can only talk about pop culture stuff, what they hear in the mainstream media, and general cosmopolitan subjects. They can't think for themselves or outside the box. No free thought at all.

So even among educated Asians, this is true. They can't really think for themselves and have no independent thoughts. They only parrot politically correct statements and understand only simple practical things (as Mr S put it).

None of my 53 cousins can hold intelligent conversations. All they know is work and practical things. No independent thoughts or knowledge of any philosophy or deeper subjects. None of them have any blogs or wrote any articles or books. No rich inner life. (well ok, maybe one is an exception)

If you meet my cousin Dennis, the one that just got married and is an MD, you will find that he can only recite things he learned in medical school. He has no independent thoughts of his own.

Why is this? Why am I so different from the rest?

It's not like I am even that intelligent. My IQ is 120, just a little over average. And I didn't get good grades in school, at least not consistently, for I wasn't good at memorizing tedious data for tests as my mind would wander and I couldn't stop it.

The difference is, I think for myself. I recognize and resist brainwashing and propaganda and mind control. I love knowledge and wisdom. I am curious and ask a lot of questions, which lead to answers and thus more knowledge and understanding. I tell the truth as it is, not how I am programmed to see things.

I know these are fruitless questions. But I still wonder, WHY?!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock wrote: 1. No, we all probably have skeletons. I think most prefer not to fully expose themselves.

2. Yes, you got balls. Respect. Its much easier and lower risk to remain anonymous behind keyboard. Understand, working people in companies have a lot at stake - not wise to be reckless on Internet. People get fired for overly frank Tweets or Facebook rants all the time. Others attract lots of haters and get bullied online (sound familiar).

3. Yes, but inactivity is always boring. When you were in Russia, you had plenty of suffering and tribulation, right? That was still interesting. People could put themselves in your shoes and learn from your mistakes.

4. Being pragmatic and having a helicopter view (another term for big picture vision) are not mutually exclusive. You seem to see the world in basic black and white , either or, 0 or 1 terms. Are you sure that at some level in yours subconscious, your thinking hasn't been influenced by your family members who you say are all very closed minded?

5. If you hope to maximize revenue from your sites, it is in your best interest to keep it as endlessly entertaining and/or useful to as broad an audience as possible.

6. I did read many of your journal entries quite some time ago. It kind of confused me at first because, based on the theme of your site, I was expecting you to be very successful at attracting lots of CIS women. But you ended-up getting teased and played more than anything else. And your conclusion seemed to be that Russian woman are generally not attracted to Asian men. Not a very inspiring case for going there. But thanks for your openness and honesty, not pretending to succeed where you didn't.

7. Well I never made promises regarding Taiwan. Just reported the gist of my large observation and experience base. Talk to some of the young foreign men at Tai Da or Zhen Da on exchange or at Shi Da learning Chinese. Most of them will not complain about lack of access to local women or no social opportunities. Sure, some may not be attracted to local girls or miss the types activities available in a place like say, Manhattan (if they are from there). But majority of them will find it easy to attract social opportunities with locals and other foreign students.[/b]
Thanks for your honesty. I would venture to say though, that foreign guys who choose to come to TW probably know instinctively that they already have some vibrational compatibility with TW, else they wouldn't come.

Well I don't. At least not the me now.

I already have plenty of content from my trips, photos and videos to at least prove my point. The new content is generated by this forum. Seems to work fine.

If you want entertainment, I have plenty of past journals for you to read.

Can you give examples of how I see things in black and white? I generally see conditions and shades of gray.

You said in another thread, or admitted, that having lots of money in East Asia will let you get away for being eccentric. What if I accused you of generalizing and thinking in black and white when you said that? What if I said "No that's not true. I know many nonmaterialistic people in East Asia?" You see how I can take anything you say and claim it's opposite and claim that you are generalizing? But I don't cause that's a fruitless activity.

Anyhow, bottom line is that criticism isn't going to get results or change things. Solutions are what counts. And actions as well.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

momopi wrote:
Winston wrote: I am all about action. You should know that by now. Everything I've said it backed up, which is why I have credibility. I do what I say. My work online attests to my insight and freethinking. I already have tons of recognition, such as in the quotes I showed you. I was just wondering why you can't admit that I am definitely very unique, when other honest people can. Why is that so hard? Why the psychological block? I give credit where it's due. And I compliment you justly too. I am honest and fair about it.
If you're all about action, why are you still sitting in front of your computer?

Winston wrote: But I'm not here to provide endless entertainment anyway. What do you know of my Russia stories? Just what you saw in the videos? Have you read my journals? If not, then you haven't gotten into the meat of what I experienced. My stories were very entertaining. Even Repatriate, who plays devils advocate, admits that. So there is plenty of entertainment for you to read, if you want.
Go to more countries and write more journals. Do this before your parents are too old and you have to stay in TW to look after them.
I have nowhere to go. And I am enjoying sitting in front of the computer and doing different things and watching YouTube and doing whatever I want. It's relaxing. And I get intellectual stimulation from what I do, a lot more than "going through the motions" of pretentiousness with fake people, which provides no stimulation to me.

Most of the activities I do are far better than arguing with deniers and game players.

I have many things to do too, some I can't even remember.

By action I don't just mean go places (I've already proven that in the past, so I don't need to prove it in the present). I mean I can prove and back up everything I say with results and actions. Example, if someone tells me they are bored in the PH, I can show them a good time, with no excuses. I do what I say. That's what I mean by action. Not that I'm always traveling.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why can't most Asians hold intelligent conversations?

Post by Winston »

DCX_10 wrote:The opposite is true from my experience.
Winston wrote:This might sound a bit racist and pointless, but it's true.

99 percent of Asians can't hold intelligent conversations. Even educated ones can only talk about pop culture stuff, what they hear in the mainstream media, and general cosmopolitan subjects. They can't think for themselves or outside the box. No free thought at all.

So even among educated Asians, this is true. They can't really think for themselves and have no independent thoughts. They only parrot politically correct statements and understand only simple practical things (as Mr S put it).

None of my 53 cousins can hold intelligent conversations. All they know is work and practical things. No independent thoughts or knowledge of any philosophy or deeper subjects. None of them have any blogs or wrote any articles or books. No rich inner life. (well ok, maybe one is an exception)

If you meet my cousin Dennis, the one that just got married and is an MD, you will find that he can only recite things he learned in medical school. He has no independent thoughts of his own.

Why is this? Why am I so different from the rest?

It's not like I am even that intelligent. My IQ is 120, just a little over average. And I didn't get good grades in school, at least not consistently, for I wasn't good at memorizing tedious data for tests as my mind would wander and I couldn't stop it.

The difference is, I think for myself. I recognize and resist brainwashing and propaganda and mind control. I love knowledge and wisdom. I am curious and ask a lot of questions, which lead to answers and thus more knowledge and understanding. I tell the truth as it is, not how I am programmed to see things.

I know these are fruitless questions. But I still wonder, WHY?!
How about you email my cousin RoseAnne, Dennis and my family friend Taylor? They all have great careers but they can only think what society has told them. Want to see?

In what way have the Asians you've met thought outside the box? Can you give a few examples? I mean they are able to think and say things that are outside of what society tells them.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Other reasons why I should not provide entertaining stories here anymore:

- In the past, like in Russia, when I did, it usually jinxed me. If I bragged about a success, it would go south the next day. It was like the collective mind of the audience was creating some drama that it sought.

- Also, in the PH, most of my experiences are just sleeping or dating around, which is basically tension and release. Not worth making stories out of.

- Dianne sometimes reads this forum, so I can't just write anything about my private life on here either.

If I ever do go back to Russia again, or a similar country where "things happen", I think I should write a will and leave it to one of you that I trust, such as Momopi, so that if anything happens to me, someone else can take over running this site and forum, who is reliable and knows how to fix minor things that go wrong occasionally. This site needs to stand, regardless of what happens to me.

Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Winston wrote:Other reasons why I should not provide entertaining stories here anymore:

- In the past, like in Russia, when I did, it usually jinxed me. If I bragged about a success, it would go south the next day. It was like the collective mind of the audience was creating some drama that it sought.
I don't believe it was the psychic powers of your audience that was making you flop.
If I ever do go back to Russia again, or a similar country where "things happen", I think I should write a will and leave it to one of you that I trust, such as Momopi, so that if anything happens to me, someone else can take over running this site and forum, who is reliable and knows how to fix minor things that go wrong occasionally. This site needs to stand, regardless of what happens to me.
Winston why don't you go to Argentina or some other country in South America that's racially diversified yet has all the friendly and open social attributes you're looking for? Russia is a place that's really rolling the dice every time you go and your chances of getting curb stomped by neo-nazis these days is something that's not very smart to play with. Especially considering you seem to lack some common sense in regards as to what these people would do to you.

Why take these risks?
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote: I have nowhere to go.
Why do you think that you have nowhere to go?

Why not visit Latin America? (Spanish is one of the easiest languages to learn)

=========================================
http://ezinearticles.com/?Which-is-the- ... &id=656519

The U.S. State Department groups languages for the diplomatic service according to learning difficulty:

Category 1. The "easiest" languages for speakers of English, requiring 600 hours of classwork for minimal proficiency: the Latin and Germanic languages. However, German itself requires a bit more time, 750 hours, because of its complex grammar.

Category 2. Medium, requiring 1100 hours of classwork: Slavic languages, Turkic languages, other Indo-Europeans such as Persian and Hindi, and some non-Indo-Europeans such as Georgian, Hebrew and many African languages. Swahili is ranked easier than the rest, at 900 hours.

Category 3. Difficult, requiring 2200 hours of study: Arabic, Japanese, Korean and the Chinese languages.

The 14 most popular courses according to a combination of linguistic ease and accessibility.

1. Spanish. Category One. The straightforward grammar is familiar and regular. It is also ubiquitous in the Americas, the only foreign language with a major presence in the insular linguistic environment of the U.S. Chances to speak and hear it abound. It is the overwhelming favorite, accounting for more than fifty percent of language study enrollment in the MLA study.

2. French. Category One. Grammatically complex but not difficult to learn because so many of it's words have entered English. For this vocabulary affinity, it is easy to attain an advanced level, especially in reading. It is a world language, and a motivated learner will find this language on the internet, in films and music.

3. German. Category One Plus. The syntax and grammar rules are complex with noun declensions a major problem. It is the easiest language to begin speaking, with a basic vocabulary akin to English. Abstract, advanced language differs markedly, though, where English opts for Latin terms. It values clear enunciation, so listening comprehension is not difficult.

4. Italian. Category One. It has the same simple grammar rules as Spanish, a familiar vocabulary and the clearest enunciation among Latin languages (along with Romanian). Italian skills are easily transferable to French or Spanish. You might need to go to Italy to practice it, but there are worse things that could happen to you. It is also encountered in the world of opera and classical music.

5. Russian. Category Two. This highly inflected language, with declensions, is fairly difficult to learn. The Cyrillic alphabet is not particularly difficult, however, and once you can read the language, the numerous borrowings from French and other western languages are a pleasant surprise. It is increasingly accessible.

6. Arabic. Category Three. Arabic is spoken in dozens of countries, but the many national dialects can be mutually incomprehensible. It has only three vowels, but includes some consonants that don't exist in English. The alphabet is a formidable obstacle, and good calligraphy is highly valued and difficult to perfect. Vowels are not normally written (except in children's books) and this can be an obstacle for reading. It is ubiquitous in the Muslim world and opportunities exist to practice it at every level of formality.

7. Portuguese. Category One. One of the most widely spoken languages in the world is often overlooked. It has a familiar Latin grammar and vocabulary, though the phonetics may take some getting used to.

8. Swahili. Category Two Minus. It includes many borrowings from Arabic, Persian, English and French. It is a Bantu language of Central Africa, but has lost the difficult Bantu "tones". The sound system is familiar, and it is written using the Latin alphabet. One major grammatical consideration is the division of nouns into sixteen classes, each with a different prefix. However, the classes are not arbitrary, and are predictable.

9. Hindi/Urdu. Category Two. The Hindustani language, an Indo-European language, includes both Hindi and Urdu. It has an enormous number of consonants and vowels, making distinctions between phonemes that an English speaker will have difficulty hearing. Words often have clipped endings, further complicating comprehension. Hindi uses many Sanskrit loans and Urdu uses many Persian/Arabic loans, meaning that a large vocabulary must be mastered. Hindi uses the phonetically precise Devanagari script, created specifically for the language. Predictably, Urdu's use of a borrowed Persian/Arabic script leads to some approximation in the writing system.

10. Modern Hebrew. Category Two. Revived as a living language during the nineteenth century, it has taken on characteristics of many languages of the Jewish diaspora. The resultant language has become regularized in grammar and syntax, and the vocabulary has absorbed many loan words, especially from Yiddish, English and Arabic. The alphabet has both print and script forms, with five vowels, not normally marked. Vowel marking, or pointing, is quite complex when it does occur. Sounds can be difficult to reproduce in their subtleties and a certain amount of liaison makes listening comprehension problematic. It is not very accessible outside of a religious or Israeli context.

11. Japanese. Category Three. Difficult to learn, as the vocabulary is unfamiliar, and the requirements of the sound system so strict that even the many words that have been borrowed from English, French and German will seem unrecognizable. With three different writing systems, it is forbiddingly difficult to read and write. Also, social constraints may impede useful interaction.

12. Chinese. Category Three. Whether your choice is Mandarin or Cantonese (the MLA survey does not make a distinction, oddly enough). It is the most difficult language on this list. It includes all of the most difficult aspects: unfamiliar phonemes, a large number of tones, an extremely complex writing system, and an equally unfamiliar vocabulary. Personal motivation is absolutely essential to keep the student on track. On the positive side, it is easy to find, since Chinese communities exist throughout the world, and Chinese language media, such as newspapers, films and TV, are present in all these communities.

13. Vietnamese. Category Three. This language belongs to an unfamiliar family of languages, but it does borrow much vocabulary from Chinese (helpful if you already speak Chinese!). It has six tones, and a grammar with an unfamiliar logic. It's not all bleak, however, Vietnamese uses a Latin derived alphabet. The chances of speaking this language are not high, though there are 3 million speakers in the USA.

14. Korean. Category Three. Korean uses an alphabet of 24 symbols, which accurately represent 14 consonants and 10 vowels. However, the language also includes 2000 commonly used Chinese characters for literary writing and formal documents. Speech levels and honorifics complicate the learning of vocabulary, and there is liaison between words, making them hard to distinguish. The grammar is not overly complicated and there are no tones. It borrows many Chinese words, but the language is unrelated to other languages of Asia.

Winston wrote:Remember that Euro joke about the UN Ambassador asking "What in your opinion is the best way to end food shortage in the world?"
The African replied "What is food?"
The Chinese replied "What is opinion?"
The European replied "What is shortage?"
And the American replied "What is the rest of the world?"
Doesn't that stereotype of the Chinese having no opinions hold a lot of truth? What do you think?
Stereotypes do not exist for nothing. They are based on some reality usually. Don't you all know that?
Did these guys have an opinion?

2009 "20th anniversary" March and Vigil in HK:

Last edited by momopi on October 8th, 2010, 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enishi
Freshman Poster

Post by Enishi »

Speaking of learning new languages, how difficult is Tagalog compared to, say, Spanish?
dreamer82
Freshman Poster

Post by dreamer82 »

Sometimes I see a video of the UK and marvel at the castles and all the open space. For such a small country, it has a really great history. Then I look at a similar sized country, Japan, and can't help but see the total overcrowding. Or Korea, just people on top of each other.

There is a big difference in the culture between these two. The West has a rich history of philosophy that goes back to ancient greece. It led to the idea of the individual and property rights, etc. But in China, there is no respect for the individual. They just keep multiplying like rabbits and following orders and have been for millenia. There isn't much respect each other, too.

It all goes back to culture. In college, I did have an asian friend that loved to listen to Wagner and was a total character. As the generations amalgamate, those of Asian background will adopt western ideals like individualism and free thinking. Whatever. Perhaps living in a crowd is more advantageous to us socially.