Why do Filipinos NEVER share costs with foreigners or treat?!

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Re: Why do Dianne and Filipinos NEVER share any costs?!

Post by davewe »

Good insights about Diane, Rock - thanks. The fact that Winston knows that Diane reads HA and sees many of his opinions about her, Angelo and Filipinos in general puts a really creepy spin to this whole thing.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

davewe wrote:Good insights about Diane, Rock - thanks. The fact that Winston knows that Diane reads HA and sees many of his opinions about her, Angelo and Filipinos in general puts a really creepy spin to this whole thing.

Rock is objective and fair minded. So the forumn is used to shame Diane publically? Just who is it here that is beyond feeling shame? Creepy is the word...
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

This thread should be deleted. It's not right to discuss these things for people to see.
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Post by onethousandknives »

I wonder at times if we are the narcissistic self centered Americans we complain about.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

onethousandknives wrote:I wonder at times if we are the narcissistic self centered Americans we complain about.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

So one day, he may get seriously hurt when he discovers how his father really felt during his formative years. It all may cause him a lot more emotional trauma and self-esteem issues than what dads who just disappear from day 1 cause their offspring.
Here's Angelo browsing his daddy's website. This was when I visited Dianne and Angelo back in 2013.

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Johnny1975 wrote:This thread should be deleted. It's not right to discuss these things for people to see.
Why should it be deleted?

But it maybe should be reopened or edited with a more neutral way to talk about.

The question, how much child support a foreign man is supposed to pay to his Filipina ex-wife or ex-girlfriend is a valid and interesting subject worth a discussion.

Also the question how to pay this support from abroad and how to control the payments by direct payment to school or insurance etc. makes a lot of sense.

There are plenty of pure nonsense threads in this forum which should be deleted if you ask me. But this thread is not about 'nonsense', it is indeed a subject offering advice for men with a connection to Philippines.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Rock wrote:From all indications I've seen, Dianne is a very dedicated and sweet mom and seems to live her life around Angelo. When he's at school, I remember her saying that she finds a nearby cafe and waits there for him. She also seems to let Winston make important decisions (I may be wrong though) which might have to do with Winston controlling the purse strings but I also thing she somehow respects him in spite of all his follies. BTW, did you guys know that Angelo was first in his class and even got a partial merit based tuition rebate on the school Winston is sending him too?

What you say Dave makes good sense. But there is a basic minimum here. Costs in Philippines seem to be creeping up, even at the poor end. Economy here has been growing briskly for a long time which fuels general cost of living inflation. US$250 is getting to seem less and less to me anyway, in spite of recent Peso depreciation against the US$.

Paying bills directly is a great idea whenever possible. It's practical with the bigger stuff that comes up once ever few months like tuition and Philhealth. With the more regular small stuff, it's not as practical. The alternative is for Dianne to provide Winston with photo shots of paid receipts of this stuff when he gives Dianne funds to handle it. I know to the western mind requiring Dianne to do such things signals a lack of trust. But poor people here are used to that and pretty much accept it, from their employers and even family members sometimes.
Seriously, Dianne is such a kind, sweet, caring mother. Imagine what the other psycho nutcase Chinese women like Lisa would do to their children. Winston should be extremely thankful that he just dodged a bullet right there. These Chinese women can be very sadistic and can brutalize their children, and beat them and yell at them like cruel taskmasters.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

onethousandknives wrote:I wonder at times if we are the narcissistic self centered Americans we complain about.
I am not from USA, but there are MANY US-citizens who are very critical about USA itself and are complaining about the right (= what is wrong with USA) issues - especially those US-citizens who have been working overseas for a few years can be very outspoken about life in USA.

Unfortunately there are also some US-citizens, who are so biased and single-sided, that their only opinion is about USA is a great paradise and all other parts of the world are underdeveloped. These are usually US-citizens, who never have been outside of USA, often even not outside of their own federal state and never made any trip, have even no passport... On the other side, often I cannot blame them, they are often grossly misguided by the media.

I have sometimes the chance to talk with such people, on their first trips to Asia - some of them are very nice but have really a bizarre fantasy without any bad intention about life in foreign countries. I was asked if this is true that in Tokyo are only small wooden houses because of earthquakes, or if in Thailand children are going to school using an elephant as a school bus, others are religious bigots with the bible and want to redeem Far East Asia, because Buddhism is a bad religion... LOL
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Falcon wrote: Seriously, Dianne is such a kind, sweet, caring mother. Imagine what the other psycho nutcase Chinese women like Lisa would do to their children. Winston should be extremely thankful that he just dodged a bullet right there. These Chinese women can be very sadistic and can brutalize their children, and beat them and yell at them like cruel taskmasters.
The worst I have seen was with Arabs and black Africans in Western/Northern Africa and Near East. Here in Far East you can say the worst of all are Koreans, who seem to fight all the time against each other within their families. Chinese can also be pretty bad and extremely loud and rude with their children and I am not talking solely about the Chinese in China mainland, but also elsewhere, like in Malaysia. Do not ask me what I have all seen while living with a Chinese family. Japanese women are rather calm compared to the Korean and Chinese, however all three groups, Koreans, Chinese and Japanese, are known to care only about their own children, they are totally unwilling to offer any assistance to other children who need help.

Filipinas are known to accept children who are even not theirs and are willing to take care of them at least for a short time, a few weeks or months or so, to prevent the worst. This is maybe because of the poverty in Philippines and the existence of over 1 million maybe up to 2 million street children. In return abandoned and mistreated Philippine children as adults are well known to become later on in their life totally thankful and devoted to their caretakers/fosterparents. From my personal observation I think this is really true. I made similar experiences also in Indonesia.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Yohan wrote:The worst I have seen was with Arabs and black Africans in Western/Northern Africa and Near East. Here in Far East you can say the worst of all are Koreans, who seem to fight all the time against each other within their families. Chinese can also be pretty bad and extremely loud and rude with their children and I am not talking solely about the Chinese in China mainland, but also elsewhere, like in Malaysia. Do not ask me what I have all seen while living with a Chinese family. Japanese women are rather calm compared to the Korean and Chinese, however all three groups, Koreans, Chinese and Japanese, are known to care only about their own children, they are totally unwilling to offer any assistance to other children who need help.
Agreed, South Asian, African, and Arab parental tyranny is by far the worst. I've had Somali and Indian classmates tell me about horrible beatings by their parents like it's all normal stuff. It can not only be discipline, but also when the parent is simply feeling depressed, has personal problems, or is just having a bad day.

Thais are also quite lax, gentle parents. Last week I was with a Thai female friend whose 4-year-old toddler was running around everywhere and yelling all the time. She did nothing to stop it, simply chased him around, and just laughed about it. The average Chinese parent, at least among immigrants in the US, would have whooped the kid and made him cry really hard. Personally I had to endure a lot of daily physical and verbal abuse from my mother who was also mentally unstable and had conditions similar to Winston's ex Lisa.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Falcon wrote:Personally I had to endure a lot of daily physical and verbal abuse from my mother who was also mentally unstable and had conditions similar to Winston's ex Lisa.
Same with my mother and half-sisters, some other female relatives and they were white people never out of Europe.
To be fair I have to acknowledge that nobody was 'normal' in Central Europe after WWII.

Now everybody as far as I know is either dead since many years or at least never tried to contact me since I left Europe since over 30 years ago.

As a young boy with a psycho mom you are much worse off as a child in Europe compared to a young girl with a psycho father, as feminism in Europe will immediately step in and do everything possible to protect and rescue 'little girls' against violent fathers, or the other way to protect the poor mom against her bad boy. Nobody cares about truth or lie.

I was happy when I left my home as a young man, 17, moving away from the violent neighborhood in the suburbs to the city and found a job in a saving bank. I could easily borrow some money to buy my small condominium-unit.

I sold this small condo-unit when I moved over to Asia. I will never go back to Europe.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Sorry to hear that Yohan, but I'm glad that you found a way out and are now enjoying Asia.
Which European country were you from?
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

This is the Winston/Dianne/their son thread.

I know it's off topic totally, but why not to answer your question.
Falcon wrote:Sorry to hear that Yohan, but I'm glad that you found a way out and are now enjoying Asia.
Which European country were you from?
I am originally from Austria (EU), born about 25km south of the capital, Vienna.
This area was a well-known arms/explosives production area and heavily bombed out at the end of WWII.

Basically no worker who survived (mostly women, as men were forced into military services or already war prisoners or dead) was 'normal' after WWII. After the end of WWII in that area under Russian control a mass-looting and mass-raping was going on.

It has to be said that the Russians who were sent into the war were not 'normal' either - despite being the winner of WWII, they all were impoverished, forced to fight - a human life had no value at that time.

My life was anything else but nice as a child, however I am not a Russian child of rape as some other children born in that region, I know who is my father and mother and know also about my grandparents of father's and mother's side.

I know times are changing, living conditions are now different in Europe. I do not hate anybody, but I have no intention and see no reason ever to go back, better for me in Asia.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

MarcosZeitola wrote: ... the implications and long term effects of documenting your personal life to such intimate detail for such a long period of time, are scary as hell.
They wouldn't be if you didn't do anything bad. There are others, including myself, who document their lives in detail via blogs and what not, but they aren't traipsing around with hookers and spouting racist, eugenics nonsense.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan