Jezebel does hit piece on Winston Wu and Happier Abroad!

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

NorthAmericanguy wrote:Watch out Winston. The girls over at forms like Jezebel would try to bring a form like this one down.

BTW, they wrote up another article about you with your face on it.
Where? What's the link to it?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Oh ok. I found it. LOL Check it out. Here in this new article about me, she calls me the "web's weirdest authority" and ridicules my International Dating Solution article on YourTango, and also quotes and ridicules some of the comments by you guys in our forum.

http://jezebel.com/5874834/meet-the-web ... n-and-ufos

Here is a letter I sent the author, Anna North:
Posted in your comments section at http://jezebel.com/5874834/meet-the-web ... n-and-ufos

Hi Jezebel,
This is Winston Wu. Thanks for doing this entertaining article about me. Me and my forum fans will have fun discussing it. Feel free to browse more of my site. Btw, FYI, I am NOT a misogynist at all. I LOVE women. They are my passion. If I didn't, why would I start a movement about finding love and happiness that involves women? Why would I care so much about women? Think about it. It's basic logic.

Also, fair is fair. I don't hold a negative opinion about anyone without reason. If American women hate and reject me, then of course I'm going to have negative feelings back at them (even though I try to put them as tactly as I can). I am like a mirror, I reflect back what's dished out at me. I'm sure if someone wronged you or treated you badly, Jezel, you'd be resentful back at them too. It's only natural. You can't blame me for that. Everyone does the same.

But this problem is a national one. There is a real loneliness epidemic in America among men. And it's stronger in America than in other countries. That says a lot. Blaming me doesn't change that. We need solutions. And my solution has proven to be the best and only realistic one so far. One cannot remain in society and try to change others or get everyone to agree with him. That's impossible. All one can do is find people and other cultures that are more compatible with him who will value and appreciate him more, and make him feel loved and wanted.

Deep down, isn't that what we all want?

Please consider my points. Thanks for your attention.

Sincerely,
Winston Wu
Founder of HappierAbroad.com

PS - Here are my forum members comments about your article:
viewtopic.php?t=12469
Last edited by Winston on January 17th, 2012, 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out the funny photo that Jezebel created of me. LOL Those aren't my fingers holding the map. They look like a woman's fingers. lol

You guys should see all the comments in that blog article. They are totally sneering and opinionated with no substance or logic at all. It's like the posters are delusional or something. It reminds me of kids in elementary school.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ned Zeppelin wrote:Where did she get that picture of your face lol.
It came from my story in a Lithuanian magazine. Here is the original:

http://www.happierabroad.com/Winston_magazine1.jpg

Btw, look at this girl's comment in my International Dating Solution article. Is she living in the Twilight Zone or delusional or what?

http://www.yourtango.com/2012127591/int ... s-epidemic
brightmeraki
Male loneliness??
You have seriously got to be kidding me. As a 21 yr old female I would have to say that American men have the advantage. Women are practically chasing men. I have friends literally crying in front of me over how this guy cheated on her or this guy didn't have the time for a relationship with her. Or even that they can't find a decent guy. These girls aren't asking for Mercedes and Private Jets. They aren't even asking for drop dead looks either. They just want a guy who will love them for who they are and is also comfortable in their own skin. That's not asking for a lot. There are tons of funny, intelligent, and super sweet women out there looking for the same in a future partner...they might not be 10s, they might in fact be a 5 or a 6, but should they have to suffer because of that? American men are spoiled and are used to having everything handed to them. They want a good nice girl? According to the author, "Men just want a decent feminine woman with good character and
values that will be good to them. They don't need a super model or a
high status woman." According to what I've actually seen--and I hate to say it--but that's false. The media in reality is promoting a hook up culture, especially in the college scene. There are less guys getting into relationships, because there are so many women for them to choose from. I go to a university where women make up 60% of the population. (Most college campuses are seeing an increase in female enrollment versus male) The 40% of men are less likely to settle down and date a girl, because they know they have a line of other girls that will just give them the hook up they want. Why work for something when you can just get it handed to you, right? Meanwhile, smart, funny, and nice girls are overlooked just because they aren't slutty playboy models. So the same things you are complaining about is what young females 18-25 deal with on a daily basis. So I'm sorry if I find it hard to sympathize, but when you live in a world that promotes anorexic bodies as the epitomy of female beauty, and have to compare those bodies to your own--then we'll talk. Male loneliness??! If anyone should date outside of America it should be American women. So "American Men" here's my ultimatum for you. Get up from your "well of loneliness" and ASK A GIRL OUT! Just because your picker does the picking and you pick the wrong girls doesn't give you a right to give up on the American Female. There are tons of beautiful and compassionate women out there. ( I know plenty of them, all my best friends fit into that category) You just got to know where to look. I may not be the nice and polite barbie that most men look for, but I'm proud as hell to be an American Woman. And I strongly believe that there is more to the American Woman than this author actually sees, and I encourage him to look deeper.
Torontochick
This is just plain funny to me. Male loneliness epidemic - in America? Try China or India! American women actually OUTNUMBER American men. If any men should have the option of International Dating, American men would be the last of them.

And anyways, all this looks like to me is exploitation of privilege. Should single men elsewhere be "lonely" because they lack the resources of their male American competitors?

polya
Junior Poster

Jezebel/ DOUG BARRY is a bitch/mangina!

Post by polya »

Jezebel is a bitch - DOUG BARRY (the author of http://jezebel.com/5873827/founder-of-p ... f-marriage) is a mangina! What a weirdo - he's a disgrace to the male gender. Let's see how far this closet-case gets with women - he'd probably only be able to do their hair. Winston is right that marriage isn't worth it for men, yet he's ridiculed by this fag!
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Jezebel/ DOUG BARRY is a bitch/mangina!

Post by Winston »

polya wrote:Jezebel is a bitch - DOUG BARRY (the author of http://jezebel.com/5873827/founder-of-p ... f-marriage) is a mangina! What a weirdo - he's a disgrace to the male gender. Let's see how far this closet-case gets with women - he'd probably only be able to do their hair. Winston is right that marriage isn't worth it for men, yet he's ridiculed by this fag!
Oh I didn't know two different writers wrote those pieces. Doug Barry? You mean it was a guy who wrote that? That's weird. He sounds like a feminist woman. How can a guy write like a feminist woman? lol That is odd.

So is Jezebel just the site name or the name of a person?

Btw, from the new article on Jezebel, it appears that they are actively reading this forum. They even quoted threads from a long time ago. Why would they be scanning this forum so much if they disagreed with our content? Is it out of a morbid curiosity or a desire to learn?

We should thank Jezebel though. Their writers have gotten us a lot of attention and brought in a lot of new traffic too, which may help us bring new light to some of their readers.

Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

They went all first year psychology on you too Winston. :lol: Although, they did hit on a few good points about the security blanket that you drape over your own issues. With that being said it's basically what we expected, a lot of feminists resorting to shaming attacks and baseless insults using sex as a weapon.

It's sadly predictable.

They even brought your race up front and center to shame you and dredge up various racial stereotypes. It's interesting how hypocritical these people are.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

brightmeraki
Male loneliness??
You have seriously got to be kidding me. As a 21 yr old female I would have to say that American men have the advantage. Women are practically chasing men. I have friends literally crying in front of me over how this guy cheated on her or this guy didn't have the time for a relationship with her. Or even that they can't find a decent guy. These girls aren't asking for Mercedes and Private Jets. They aren't even asking for drop dead looks either. They just want a guy who will love them for who they are and is also comfortable in their own skin. That's not asking for a lot. There are tons of funny, intelligent, and super sweet women out there looking for the same in a future partner...they might not be 10s, they might in fact be a 5 or a 6, but should they have to suffer because of that? American men are spoiled and are used to having everything handed to them. They want a good nice girl? According to the author, "Men just want a decent feminine woman with good character and
high status woman." According to what I've actually seen--and I hate to say it--but that's false. The media in reality is promoting a hook up culture, especially in the college scene. There are less guys getting into relationships, because there are so many women for them to choose from. I go to a university where women make up 60% of the population. (Most college campuses are seeing an increase in female enrollment versus male) The 40% of men are less likely to settle down and date a girl, because they know they have a line of other girls that will just give them the hook up they want. Why work for something when you can just get it handed to you, right? Meanwhile, smart, funny, and nice girls are overlooked just because they aren't slutty playboy models. So the same things you are complaining about is what young females 18-25 deal with on a daily basis. So I'm sorry if I find it hard to sympathize, but when you live in a world that promotes anorexic bodies as the epitomy of female beauty, and have to compare those bodies to your own--then we'll talk. Male loneliness??! If anyone should date outside of America it should be American women. So "American Men" here's my ultimatum for you. Get up from your "well of loneliness" and ASK A GIRL OUT! Just because your picker does the picking and you pick the wrong girls doesn't give you a right to give up on the American Female. There are tons of beautiful and compassionate women out there. ( I know plenty of them, all my best friends fit into that category) You just got to know where to look. I may not be the nice and polite barbie that most men look for, but I'm proud as hell to be an American Woman. And I strongly believe that there is more to the American Woman than this author actually sees, and I encourage him to look deeper.
Someone forgot to tell this girl that it's even been shown by a study that American women tend to be attracted to the same few high status guys and the bad boy player types. While these women are off getting pumped and dumped by the same guys they whine about how there are "no good men" left when they get cheated on. The reason they get cheated on is because they are all falling for the same limited pool of guys who happened to have a collection of traits and status that women find desirable.

This is also a phenomenon that's been discussed extensively on this forum for years now. Her little rant just sort of solidifies how delusional some American women are about their own reality.
DarrenFW
Freshman Poster

They Got It Wrong!

Post by DarrenFW »

They Got It Wrong!

They totally miss the point that dating in America is difficult for guys. And its harder for Asians. She quoted that a few times but never really commented on it.
They completely don't understand.

The post seems to be saying "LOOK AT THIS FREAK" and then they spend the next page or so talking about what Winston wrote about but fail to see it from his perspective.

As for my quote "it is the American Women who are deficient". I stand by that comment.
Check out my Blog and Website!
http://www.goglobaldating.com

Features FREE ebook, forum and good articles.
http://goglobaldating.com/forum/
jcris7
Freshman Poster

Re: Jezebel/ DOUG BARRY is a bitch/mangina!

Post by jcris7 »

polya wrote:Jezebel is a bitch - DOUG BARRY (the author of http://jezebel.com/5873827/founder-of-p ... f-marriage) is a mangina! What a weirdo - he's a disgrace to the male gender. Let's see how far this closet-case gets with women - he'd probably only be able to do their hair. Winston is right that marriage isn't worth it for men, yet he's ridiculed by this fag!
I posted pretty much the same sentiment calling Barry out as a magina in the commentary section along with the very valid reasons I personally have for not getting married...and my comment never got approved. Hahh! I wonder why. :)
"Women age like milk; Men age like wine." - Tom Leykis
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Ok you should read the comments on that blog it's hilarious.

Some asian and indian men readers of that blog commented to say that Winston has a real point about rejection in America especially the racial kind. The feminists responding basically turned it around and said that it's their fault and they should just deal with it or that they have other imperceptible flaws which keeps women away.

So in other words they sort of know that there's all sorts of racial and other hypocritical double standards American women have when judging men but apparently it doesn't apply the other way around and even expressing racism is just fine as long as it's directed towards men.

:lol:

I feel nothing but pity for some of the men who feel it's their duty to join in the bent feminist crusade. They'll never know that there are many countries where you can and will be accepted by most women there.
Aleknovy
Freshman Poster

Post by Aleknovy »

I registered just to be able to comment about the part where they're incredulous that a man can possibly be lonely. I have always been amazed at this amazing blind spot that women have. I've tried to understand how the F do they manage to literally erase 90% of the male population?

At some level I can make excuses like "oh, it's probably just insecurity and ignorance. Any time a guy doesn't make a move on her, she sees it as him rejecting her coz he has 5 girlfriends"

But that didn't jive coz all these women see the ratios of succesful men in their own lives!!! How is it that a woman and her 6 friends will all be pursuing the SAME guy, but she doesn't connect the dots?! If 7 women are chasing the same guy it means there are SIX guys who aren't chased by anyone. How do they not see this basic math?!

And all women experience this all the time, where she spends her entire life competing with different women for the same men, I mean come onnn, it's basic math. The more women chasing the same guy, the more guys chased by nobody. It's basic freaking math. And the women themselves confirm it, except they don't see the math. They admit they experience a life where the guy they're chasin is also chased by 7 other women.

Or this chick said how guys will take one chick, then go with another and then cheat with a third... Does she not get the math there?!? Helllooo.

If a guy is spinning 4 women at the same time (and pretending they're all his gf), doesnt she get this means there are 3 guys who have NO girlfriend? How can anyone be so stoopid as the chick who expressed incredulity at men having no women-success.

I mean she herself gives those examples!! How does she not see the math?
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

She does make a few very good points, but I disagree with her overall message that America has a female loneliness epidemic. I do know very nice girls who are dateless and lonely due to shyness and introverted personalities, but such women are not very common.
they might not be 10s, they might in fact be a 5 or a 6, but should they have to suffer because of that? American men are spoiled and are used to having everything handed to them.
American men's habit of ranking women on scales of 1-10 is shallow and judgmental. Many American guys also have entitled, arrogant attitudes. A nasty American is a nasty American, whether male or female. I also agree with her that the college hook-up scene is utterly disgusting.

There are indeed more women than men in the U.S. (Steve Hoca would disagree). The 2010 U.S. Census also shows this http://www.census.gov/prod/cen2010/brie ... 0br-03.pdf In my college, it is obvious that female students outnumber male students. However, this doesn't automatically cancel "male loneliness" problem. For instance, black women greatly outnumber black men, since many black men have been incarcerated, etc. But both black women and men are still mostly lonely and single. This is partly because of excessive pickiness.
Get up from your "well of loneliness" and ASK A GIRL OUT!
:!: Lonely girls like her should also ask guys out.

At least her comment was more thoughtful and did not spew out blatant misandrous hate like the other ones did.

As for Jezebel's article, it's a typical ad hominem attack that isn't well thought-out. Personal attacks don't make arguments any better!
have2fly
Junior Poster

Post by have2fly »

Male loneliness??
I went to a large, prestigious University and I had 60% women ratio. However, I WAS NEVER asked for a date during 5 years in college! No one even talked to me! Yes, I am foreign, but damn - I attend this same school, that means I am going to have a career. But no, girls just looked at 2-3 guys at the party not even noticing me! Although I was always dressed up well, smelled well etc. Nope! Who cares about this guy when there are 10 loud obnoxious douchebags playing beer pong or flip-cup?
I did get laid a few times, one girl sitting next to me in my Economics class was literally grinding during the lecture, but then she left after class ended :) Ahahaha WTF? Why grind over me, but leave? Why go through all this tease?

Now about a quote above: Did she know that American girls in college flake on dates? Did she know American girls are very unapproachable? Did she know that American girls are overweight and dressed in pajamas? Especially on campus! Flip-flops and pajamas seems to be the best style American girls know. WOW, visit a university in a large Russian city - you will see girls wearing latest fashions! I agree, it could be an overkill to dress in Prada or Armani to go to class, but WHY NOT? And which one is better to look at - American messy chick in pajamas or Russian model-like girl in Armani?

One American girl I met in the elevator (yes, I do have social skills) invited me to see her fish. Then invited me to see a movie, but then flaked out on me. I have no clue why or what did she even want from me. During our conversations she mentioned that she used to be "promiscuous" before, but now she is trying to be a good girl. So if she was trying to date me - let me know! If she was trying to have sex with me - just do it!

American girls act like they have a line of 10 men waiting to bang them. They are careless. Why don't American girls make eye contact in public? Why don't American girls ever talk to men in public? I never had any girls my age talk to me in a grocery store, just some nice old ladies. I really wish I would have lived in America during 1960's when those old ladies were young!

On the other hand, I do know some VERY nice Russian girls that cannot find any decent men in America! One of them recently returned to Russia after living in the U.S. for 7 years, she dated only douchebags and could not find a decent guy to marry. Therefore, I understand that girls have trouble too. It is an American culture that makes dating unnatural and weird! Why don't people just say "hi" on the street in America? Why don't people talk during lunch or dinner? Just sit next to someone, like they do in Europe? No, Americans are super-reserved and cold towards others.