What is the appeal of loud music, darkness, & bright lights in nightclubs?

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Winston
Site Admin

What is the appeal of loud music, darkness, & bright lights in nightclubs?

Post by Winston »

I hope this question doesn't make me sound like a nerd, but I've never understood something. What is the appeal of nightclubs? I'm talking about places with darkness, disco lights and loud deafening music. What is so fun about that kind of environment? What's the appeal? How is it relaxing or pleasurable? I don't get it. Can someone explain?

First, the loud deafening noise in such places makes it hard to hear other people talking, so how can you have a conversation? It's funny how movies portray nightclubs and discos as places where people can talk and hear each other. lol

Second, the environment is dark with artificial disco lights spinning around. How is that fun, relaxing or pleasurable? It seems like an annoying experience with overstimulation - and very intrusive to one's "inner world". Plus the dark environment makes it hard to see people clearly. And the bright lights and loud music make it hard to think clearly, which subdues your awareness and consciousness.

How is this supposed to be a positive, fun, or relaxing experience? I don't understand the logic in it.

Also, how is drinking alcohol pleasurable? It just makes me feel dizzy, buzzed and lightheaded. I don't get how that is pleasurable enough to be addicting. Can someone explain this logically?

Apparently, I don't follow the "logic" of this world and am alien to it. Why?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

though I don´t go to such places anymore as I am gettin older I must say it can be the bomb. As a dancer you will have unbelievable fun with dancing and girls. It was the best time of my life :). But it has to be the right place that´s the trick.

You can have fun like in the bollywood films :).
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: What is the appeal of loud music, darkness, bright light

Post by jamesbond »

Winston wrote:I hope this question doesn't make me sound like a nerd, but I've never understood something. What is the appeal of nightclubs? I'm talking about places with darkness, disco lights and loud deafening music. What is so fun about that kind of environment? What's the appeal? How is it relaxing or pleasurable? I don't get it. Can someone explain?

First, the loud deafening noise in such places makes it hard to hear other people talking, so how can you have a conversation? It's funny how movies portray nightclubs and discos as places where people can talk and hear each other. lol

Second, the environment is dark with artificial disco lights spinning around. How is that fun, relaxing or pleasurable? It seems like an annoying experience with overstimulation - and very intrusive to one's "inner world". Plus the dark environment makes it hard to see people clearly. And the bright lights and loud music make it hard to think clearly, which subdues your awareness and consciousness.

How is this supposed to be a positive, fun, or relaxing experience? I don't understand the logic in it.

Also, how is drinking alcohol pleasurable? It just makes me feel dizzy, buzzed and lightheaded. I don't get how that is pleasurable enough to be addicting. Can someone explain this logically?

Me and my friends have been asking this question for years, ever since we were in college. I absolutely do not understand the fascination with bars and nightclubs.

I started noticing the fascination people had with bars and clubs back in college. There were so many "party animals" at my college that I felt like a fish out of water. So many guys on my floor went out on Friday and Saturday night, got wasted then vomited in the mens bathroom. They then had a hangover the next day BUT DID THE SAME THING the following night or following weekend! :shock:

A couple of guys did manage to bring back girls to their dorm rooms and bang the crap out of them (you could hear the moans and groans throughout the entire floor) but for the most part the guys didn't get laid, they just got drunk.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Winston, I have been asking myself these questions too. So are millions of people out there.

But since you had been barhopping in Angeles City all the time, I was a bit surprised you'd ask this question.
First, the loud deafening noise in such places makes it hard to hear other people talking, so how can you have a conversation? It's funny how movies portraynightclubs and discos as places where people can talk and hear each other. lol
That is why I do not meet people in bars, nightclubs, and discos. People there, especially the women, can be incredibly cliquish, stuck-up, and unapproachable. They will usually give you dirty looks if you even say hi.

Instead, I enjoy meeting people out on the streets, in plazas and marketplaces.
Second, the environment is dark with artificial disco lights spinning around. How is that fun, relaxing or pleasurable? It seems like an annoying experience with overstimulation - and very intrusive to one's "inner world". Plus the dark environment makes it hard to see people clearly. And thebright lights and loud music make it hard to think clearly, which subdues your awareness and consciousness.
Precisely because it's overstimulation that they're looking for. It sends their brains into a state of wildness, euphoria, and eventually mindnumbing stupor.
It is hard to understand the logic of illogical folks. I suppose it is like a stimulant drug which makes people even more addicted to it.
According to many Americans, drinking makes them more relaxed. Really, they just want to get rid of their inhibitions because they are so anti-social and paranoid in everyday, non-party life.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Falcon wrote:
According to many Americans, drinking makes them more relaxed. Really, they just want to get rid of their inhibitions because they are so anti-social and paranoid in everyday, non-party life.
Boy, is that true! People in the US say that drinking relaxes them, in reality, they drink to lose their inhibitions. Then after they have lost their inhibitions, they can talk to people and "act" sociable. That's all it is, an act, they aren't sociable in real life, they need to get buzzed in order to "loosen up" and talk to people.

What a strange country the US is, where the majority of the people can only be friendly and sociable when they are drinking alcohol. :shock:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

Winston,

You DO sound like a nerd! lol But you do raise an important question.

As far as I can tell, all this activity in a club environment inhibits your ability to be an introvert - thinking, instead of talking. The loud music, and the bright, overstimulating lights stop your ability to think properly. The darkness allows all this stimuli to sink in, since you would be distracted from all that if the lighting was better. The alcohol PERMANENTLY destroys your ability to reflect and discern stupidity from intelligence. Haven't you guys noticed, that people who engage in these activities constantly, don't realize how stupid they are or becoming?

I've noticed this trend in ALL my family members who engage in club activities. Dumber than a bag of rocks. :D
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Falcon wrote:Winston, I have been asking myself these questions too. So are millions of people out there.

But since you had been barhopping in Angeles City all the time, I was a bit surprised you'd ask this question.
Hey come on now. Nowhere have I ever said that I liked AC bars for its bright lights, darkness and loud music. I go there for the girls and flirting and sex of course. Isn't that obvious? Also, the music is not that loud there, because they want you to talk to the girls so you can barfine them. So the music is not deafening to the point where you can't hear any conversation.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
ph_visitor
Freshman Poster

Re: What is the appeal of loud music, darkness, bright light

Post by ph_visitor »

Winston wrote:I hope this question doesn't make me sound like a nerd, but I've never understood something. What is the appeal of nightclubs? I'm talking about places with darkness, disco lights and loud deafening music. What is so fun about that kind of environment? What's the appeal? How is it relaxing or pleasurable? I don't get it. Can someone explain?
Nightclubs are an extension of the ancient tradition of banging the drum around the fire, eating game and drinking alcohol.

The louder the music, the more the liquor sales are at the bar.
Empyrian
Freshman Poster

Post by Empyrian »

They suck, and aren't for me but only because of my personality. You've got to be willing to lose yourself in the experience. Which mostly requires some sort of drug. It's why people like to take ecstasy in that environment. If you can just absorb yourself into the music and dancing, it becomes just a trip and a world in itself- and a pure intense sensory experience filled with sights, sounds, and touch.

Sort of like having sex, but not.
Abolish fear; abolish doubt; dismiss pride.
Jason of Dystopia
Freshman Poster

World Alien

Post by Jason of Dystopia »

The point of what you find in the clubs is "pagan oblivion." I never got it either.

What you say here is deep. Of course there are remedies to oblivion:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bosouX_ ... re=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Jdu4JtY ... re=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izQsgE0L ... re=related[/youtube]
Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible.
-T.E. Lawrence
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

Yes good comparison between sex and disco. When you think about it sex is much more idiotic then disco or night clubs as you will pay a high prise for the p***y. You will be p***y addicted and lose money and your health. Disco can make you more happy and feel connected and maybe happy because it stops your thinking. And thinking is mostly the reason for unhappiness.
The reason many man are addicted to women is they think to much and are unhappy. Shure thinking is also important but the perversion of USA comes from too much thinking. Which is the reson of it´s superpower status and of it´s unhappiness. Thinking gives you might but it can make you unhappy :) Nobody likes unhappy people. So think twice if you want to become a braniac nerd :)
ethan_sg
Freshman Poster

Post by ethan_sg »

If you're at a club having fun with a group of people you can connect with then you can have a lot of fun just losing yourself in the music and drink. I've been to clubs where the music (usually trance) is so good and the people so into it that you feel a deep sense of connection with the people around you in the dance floor, like a shared ecstatic spiritual experience, much like how tribal societies dance round the fire - it's a spiritual experience of bonding and pleasure.

The problem with a lot of clubs particularly in Western countries is that the social environments are just so pretentious, cliquish, with people trying to see and be seen, showing of their dance moves or filled with guys fruitlessly trying to pick up arrogant girls, often unsuccessfully. It's the people that make the club. In that kind of environment, clubbing just becomes pointless and a waste of money.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

I really dislike nightclubs too and it seems I always end up getting dragged to one once every month and it refreshes my memory as to why I hate it so much. I hate dancing and I hate loud blaring music unless it's a band or group I really really want to see. Most clubs just blare top 10 pop trash over and over again. I don't care for club people either. In Thailand I see most people coming with a tight group of friends and they just drink themselves silly and shuffle in one place to aforementioned top 10 pop trash. Plus you frequently see the same group of hardcore girls rotating club venues. I'm hardly a party pooper either. I really like quiet jazz bar type places or chilled out trendy cafes or lounges.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

Well, I went to a rave once in Palms Springs California, and I have to admit, I could see how it can be fun. I saw all walks of life, all racial groups, and both genders dancing and having fun.

But my take is that things use to be much better back in the 80's and early 90's, especially in places like London, where dance clubs would play underground music, and the people who showed up were really apart of a subculture so everybody kind of all knew each other. Also, back in the day people could all get along and have a good time, nobody was trying to act hard or tough... Sadly, those days are over...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rY_F6nE ... re=related[/youtube]
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

ethan_sg wrote:If you're at a club having fun with a group of people you can connect with then you can have a lot of fun just losing yourself in the music and drink. I've been to clubs where the music (usually trance) is so good and the people so into it that you feel a deep sense of connection with the people around you in the dance floor, like a shared ecstatic spiritual experience, much like how tribal societies dance round the fire - it's a spiritual experience of bonding and pleasure.

The problem with a lot of clubs particularly in Western countries is that the social environments are just so pretentious, cliquish, with people trying to see and be seen, showing of their dance moves or filled with guys fruitlessly trying to pick up arrogant girls, often unsuccessfully. It's the people that make the club. In that kind of environment, clubbing just becomes pointless and a waste of money.
+100!!!