Rock solid reasons to never go out in the US..

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
TruthOrConsequences
Freshman Poster

Rock solid reasons to never go out in the US..

Post by TruthOrConsequences »

Recently, I've realized that for a single male going out is pretty much pointless and stupid here in the good ol' USA. It's funny how I've come to a conclusion like this at the age of 24, since prior to my 21st Birthday I couldn't wait till I was able to go out and legally drink. Here I'm going to try to recap all the reasons why everything in the US is pretty incompatible with going out and having fun.

Please, feel free to add more or reword any of the stuff on here as I'd like to find out how many reasons not to go out I can come up with.

1. Outrageous prices on everything. Anything from cover fees to parking fees and to tipping the bartenders and the bathroom attendants. A single night out on the town could easily cost you up to a 100$, if not more. Just like that.
2. Getting there and back. Since there's absolutely no way to get anywhere without driving, you really have to watch it with the drinking and other substances. Cops are always out and about at night looking for possible drunk drivers or people returning from parties. Taking a bus would take way too long and you could also get robbed or beaten by the minority passengers, who always prefer that way of getting around town at night. Taking a cab would run you anywhere from 30-40$ one way, so double that and another 100$ out of your pocket.
3. Safety. In my area going out alone is basically asking for trouble, because fights and scuffles happen a lot and also, as everyone here should be aware of this, going out alone makes you look like a creep and a loser. Not only is it going to make you a likely target for someone to stare and run their mouth on, it will make you feel out of place.
4. Cliquishness. People who go out alone will most likely end up staying alone too. Out of all the times I've been out by myself and with a group, not even once were we approached by anybody nor have I witnessed anybody approach other people, trying to chit-chat or anything. Approaching strangers or other groups is not appropriate here in America period.
5. Miscellaneous stupidity. Some of them places get extremely crowded, and I mean extremely crowded to the point where getting to the bathroom to take a piss becomes a problem. The bar areas also tend to get crowded as a sonofabitch, since most people will not leave once they got their drinks and all. So in the end, you end up standing behind their backs trying to get a drink, while they just keep standing around in your way being all pretentious and completely oblivious to the fact that there's a bunch of people behind them trying to get served. How freaking rude! I've seen this numerous times, especially in Chicago.
6. Unapproachable-ass women. Should I even say anything on this? Do I need to? Isn't it one of the main reasons why people go out? To get with someone or what not. How do they not see this? It also pisses me how they get overly catered to as far as free drinks, free cover and other preferential treatment from punkass obnoxious bouncers and uppity snooty bartenders.

That is it for now. I'll try to come up with more later.

Comments? Any thoughts on this? Why young men even go out in this country is beyond me. Can they not think for themselves for one second? Where's the whole 'looking out for number one' in all this? How can they not see through this?
ph_visitor
Freshman Poster

Post by ph_visitor »

2. Getting there and back.
The USA, compared to other parts of the world, is not close to much.

Yes, you can get to South America via Miami, and Europe via the East Coast, but if you are anywhere else in country other places are rather far away.

Central Europe, Africa, Asia, HK, Singapore, Australia, Middle East, Russia - all are very far from the USA compared to Hong Kong, Singapore, Africa or Europe. There also are not that many flights.

This is why the A380 flies routes everywhere BUT the USA and Western Hemisphere; this area of the planet is falling behind.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Rock solid reasons to never go out in the US..

Post by Jester »

TruthOrConsequences wrote:Recently, I've realized that for a single male going out is pretty much pointless and stupid here in the good ol' USA. It's funny how I've come to a conclusion like this at the age of 24, since prior to my 21st Birthday I couldn't wait till I was able to go out and legally drink. Here I'm going to try to recap all the reasons why everything in the US is pretty incompatible with going out and having fun.

Please, feel free to add more or reword any of the stuff on here as I'd like to find out how many reasons not to go out I can come up with.

2. Getting there and back. Since there's absolutely no way to get anywhere without driving, you really have to watch it with the drinking and other substances. Cops are always out and about at night looking for possible drunk drivers or people returning from parties....
Never thought about this. Becomes obvious only after you point it out.

I always try to remember the Judo/Aikido. If they want to push a certain way, then let them - don't fight them - and in fact, even assist them, with a "boost" - as you lift them up and flip them down.

They want to make it expensive and hard and scary for you to go out, with roadblocks, arrest, towing, fines, loss of license, "schools", criminal record.... So you went them one further, by just deciding not to go out at all.

Good for you.

I think your plan will work if you reward yourself with visible progress toward a trip abroad. (Like cash saved in a jar, passport, scheduled vacation, travel posters on the wall, plane reservations, etc.)
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Winston said that in the US, going out alone means staying alone. Meaning, if you go out by yourself on a weekend, no one will talk to you or even acknowledge your existence. How true that is.

Also in the US, if your seen by yourself at a bar, nightclub or restaurant, people might think you are a loner and a loser. I have heard people who live in Germany say that, a lot of single people do out by themselves to bars, clubs and restaurants and they are not considered losers.

For some reason, the loser label is used in english speaking countries to people who go out by themselves. Thankfully, this is not the case in a lot of other countries.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

jamesbond wrote:Winston said that in the US, going out alone means staying alone. Meaning, if you go out by yourself on a weekend, no one will talk to you or even acknowledge your existence. How true that is.

Also in the US, if your seen by yourself at a bar, nightclub or restaurant, people might think you are a loner and a loser. I have heard people who live in Germany say that, a lot of single people do out by themselves to bars, clubs and restaurants and they are not considered losers.

For some reason, the loser label is used in english speaking countries to people who go out by themselves. Thankfully, this is not the case in a lot of other countries.
Good info on Deutschland.

You know after searching around several places a cople of weeks ago, I found one place in Burbank where a normal guy at the bar and a pretty, intelligent waitress will talk to you. I need to go back there.
FREEDOM1
Freshman Poster

Post by FREEDOM1 »

This sounds exactly like Australia

im glad you worked it out at a really young age

I do not likle going out here anymore - evreything is a rip off

I f i buy a pint of beer or scotch at most pubs your looking at $8 as a minmum

i can easily put down 5 drinks, bye bye $40

i will always catch a cab home, have to after midnght , no more public transport bye bye $40

have something to eat , bye bye $20

Now this is just cathing up with friends for afew drinks and a meal - $100 bucks

its not worth it at all, if i have big night - double it to $200

and most times I will not go home with a chick for all the reasons you described - f**k it i say - what a load of shit
Tadow
Freshman Poster

Post by Tadow »

Depending on the restaurant/bar I have no problem dining alone. Some places are better than others, but it's true there is a stigma and I don't mesh much with others when I'm solo. I'll be damned if my friend isn't a cheapskate though. There's always a story when the check comes. For that reason I'd rather go solo. The trendy places have the pretentiousness so I stick to laid back local spots.

I hate when people crowd the bar too. I had a bar seat with an order I go to wash my hands for a minute and this prick frat bro tried to snatch my spot when my buddy wasn't looking. How do you sit in front of someone else's food? How does that work? I straightened it out, but damn.

Last, it's true these prices are some bullshit. Tapas style is cool for socializing, but I always feel like I'm getting ripped off. And I like a woman who eats (not squirrel food) as long as she doesn't eat more than me.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

TruthOrConsequences wrote:Recently, I've realized that for a single male going out is pretty much pointless and stupid here in the good ol' USA. It's funny how I've come to a conclusion like this at the age of 24, since prior to my 21st Birthday I couldn't wait till I was able to go out and legally drink. Here I'm going to try to recap all the reasons why everything in the US is pretty incompatible with going out and having fun.

1. Outrageous prices on everything. Anything from cover fees to parking fees and to tipping the bartenders and the bathroom attendants. A single night out on the town could easily cost you up to a 100$, if not more. Just like that.
2. Getting there and back. Since there's absolutely no way to get anywhere without driving, you really have to watch it with the drinking and other substances. Cops are always out and about at night looking for possible drunk drivers or people returning from parties. Taking a bus would take way too long and you could also get robbed or beaten by the minority passengers, who always prefer that way of getting around town at night. Taking a cab would run you anywhere from 30-40$ one way, so double that and another 100$ out of your pocket.
3. Safety. In my area going out alone is basically asking for trouble, because fights and scuffles happen a lot and also, as everyone here should be aware of this, going out alone makes you look like a creep and a loser. Not only is it going to make you a likely target for someone to stare and run their mouth on, it will make you feel out of place.
4. Cliquishness. People who go out alone will most likely end up staying alone too. Out of all the times I've been out by myself and with a group, not even once were we approached by anybody nor have I witnessed anybody approach other people, trying to chit-chat or anything. Approaching strangers or other groups is not appropriate here in America period.
5. Miscellaneous stupidity. Some of them places get extremely crowded, and I mean extremely crowded to the point where getting to the bathroom to take a piss becomes a problem. The bar areas also tend to get crowded as a sonofabitch, since most people will not leave once they got their drinks and all. So in the end, you end up standing behind their backs trying to get a drink, while they just keep standing around in your way being all pretentious and completely oblivious to the fact that there's a bunch of people behind them trying to get served. How freaking rude! I've seen this numerous times, especially in Chicago.
6. Unapproachable-ass women. Should I even say anything on this? Do I need to? Isn't it one of the main reasons why people go out? To get with someone or what not. How do they not see this? It also pisses me how they get overly catered to as far as free drinks, free cover and other preferential treatment from punkass obnoxious bouncers and uppity snooty bartenders.

That is it for now. I'll try to come up with more later.

Comments? Any thoughts on this? Why young men even go out in this country is beyond me. Can they not think for themselves for one second? Where's the whole 'looking out for number one' in all this? How can they not see through this?

Excellent post! It's all true.

As far as no. 6, you hit that on the nail. As a matter of fact, I'm surprised nobody has opened up a female only night club yet being that I only see packs of women having fun, dancing, and holding hands only among other females.

American girls just need to come out the closet and admit they are rock solid lesbians and like licking each others snatch.
Last edited by NorthAmericanguy on May 24th, 2012, 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Tadow wrote:Depending on the restaurant/bar I have no problem dining alone. Some places are better than others, but it's true there is a stigma and I don't mesh much with others when I'm solo. I'll be damned if my friend isn't a cheapskate though. There's always a story when the check comes. For that reason I'd rather go solo.
I have had Gf's before and there is nothing better then sitting and enjoying a meal ALONE. I can acutely sit there and savor my food which only adds to the pleasure of eating rather then having to be distracted by constantly having to talk and entertain the broad or be self conscious because I'm worried that I'm eating too fast, or what not.

Also, I love being able to pay my bill and leave right away apposed to dragging a female along who always needs to use the bathroom, or take an extra long time doing simple things like getting in and out the car, or ordering from a menu. It's just annoying unless it's my mom. :lol:
Tadow
Freshman Poster

Post by Tadow »

If I'm dining with others and the conversation is good I always end up being the last to finish my food. I don't like talking much while I'm eating. Just a habit...
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Post by Blue Murder »

NorthAmericanguy wrote:
Tadow wrote:Depending on the restaurant/bar I have no problem dining alone. Some places are better than others, but it's true there is a stigma and I don't mesh much with others when I'm solo. I'll be damned if my friend isn't a cheapskate though. There's always a story when the check comes. For that reason I'd rather go solo.
I have had Gf's before and there is nothing better then sitting and enjoying a meal ALONE. I can acutely sit there and savor my food which only adds to the pleasure of eating rather then having to be distracted by constantly having to talk and entertain the broad or be self conscious because I'm worried that I'm eating too fast, or what not.

Also, I love being able to pay my bill and leave right away apposed to dragging a female along who always needs to use the bathroom, or take an extra long time doing simple things like getting in and out the car, or ordering from a menu. It's just annoying unless it's my mom. :lol:
Haha. I hear you, pal. Though, in the West, it's 'weird' to eat alone. Didn't you hear about this women-only app that came out relating to this sort of thing?

Say a bitch is eating alone, right? She logs onto this app using her iWhatever, and posts her location. Sometime later, another one shows up, and thus, the bitch ain't eating alone.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Blue Murder wrote:
Haha. I hear you, pal. Though, in the West, it's 'weird' to eat alone. Didn't you hear about this women-only app that came out relating to this sort of thing?

Say a bitch is eating alone, right? She logs onto this app using her iWhatever, and posts her location. Sometime later, another one shows up, and thus, the bitch ain't eating alone.

Ha, yea. I rarely see women eating alone. They always have a phone stuck in their ear even if they're not even talking trying to make themselves look more important or busy then they really are.

It just looks so silly as they try and carry a bunch of bags, collect change, talk on the phone and eat their food all at the same time.
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster

Post by All_That_Is_Man »

Jester wrote:I always try to remember the Judo/Aikido. If they want to push a certain way, then let them - don't fight them - and in fact, even assist them, with a "boost" - as you lift them up and flip them down.

They want to make it expensive and hard and scary for you to go out, with roadblocks, arrest, towing, fines, loss of license, "schools", criminal record.... So you went them one further, by just deciding not to go out at all.

Good for you.

I think your plan will work if you reward yourself with visible progress toward a trip abroad. (Like cash saved in a jar, passport, scheduled vacation, travel posters on the wall, plane reservations, etc.)
I'll drink to this.

Since men gain no benefit from "going out" here in the west, then the powers that be are gonna lose a hell of a lot of money if we stop going out! Especially since their patrons will now only be women who expect free admission and free drinks. f**k 'em. I'll stay at home building my business on my laptop and making money every single day!
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 30th, 2013, 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tadow
Freshman Poster

Post by Tadow »

Blue Murder wrote: Haha. I hear you, pal. Though, in the West, it's 'weird' to eat alone. Didn't you hear about this women-only app that came out relating to this sort of thing?

I forgot all about it, but it does ring a bell. Shit like that is what makes us America. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a wingman app to thin out these cliques.The slumpbuster app. It's true about the phone/headphones too. A chick could be on fire and you could try and tell her, but she's gonna hold that tunnel vision. The paranoia gets old fast. I've seen chicks who don't look like they even washed their ass they got sandals on with crusty feet and their guard is all the way up. They're fightin off flies not a buncha guys. That's offensive to me. If they're gonna get defensive they had at least better be fine. Where's the modesty?