And it's your fault too!

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
BlueEverglades
Freshman Poster

And it's your fault too!

Post by BlueEverglades »

I am a white female immigrant from the Caribbean and I do have strong opinions about American culture that gets in my nerves. I see a lot of guys in here complain about women not being approachable, on the other hand I complain about a lack of male initiative to even look at a woman in the eyes to make her more OPEN TO YOU. Seriously what a simple but puzzling concept is to understand you need to give a woman some kind of friendly vibe before she becomes open to talk to you. If you pass them by with a cold shoulder expecting to be a chick magnet and later complain "Wow no woman wants me" you got to look at yourself first and make some adjustments. You keep saying this is a lonely society but yet millions manage to get and maintain relationships so clearly there's a way around it that you haven't figured out...

And to be fair let me say this, american men are equally as cold, crazy and playing mind games as the women you love to put down in this forum. This weekend I had a change of scenario by going to a local fair that was mainly hispanic and SURPRISE SURPRISE guys were checking me out like crazy, they were not afraid to look me straight in the eye, stare and make conversation, it reminded me of when I lived in my homecountry... but once I'm out there again the Americans behave as if I was invisible, it's a 50/50 or nothing you guys...

I had an American boyfriend where I literally had to do almost everything to make it work, I had to be the aggressive or else it would have never happened and we broke up shortly after because it's just not natural for most women to be the pursuers.

I do agree though that a lot of how American society is very alienating, paranoid and almost impossible to make friends yet people don't even try to make it to break out of that cocoon. They put on their ear buds, phone and laptop resisting spontaneous high energy exchanges, just passively drifting by putting all the pressure on the other person....

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

I wouldn't disagree. Men here get worried about sexual harassment laws, but you're right...it cuts both ways. The whole society is just sterile and cold. Or if it is open, only in the worst ways.
Bane
Freshman Poster

Post by Bane »

abcdavid01 wrote: Men here get worried about sexual harassment laws
BINGO! If women weren't so eager to call their lawyers or the cops every time a less-than- Channing Tatum looking dude tries to initiate small talk with them, maybe men here wouldn't be so shy about approaching. Maybe they would be as flirty as men from Latin America and other countries. As it is, our culture is set up so that anyone can narc on anyone else for the most insignificant of reasons, and this creates a great deal of hesitation when it comes to social interaction, to say the least. Most of this attitude is based on the "stranger danger" mentality that our sensationalistic media likes to peddle to the populace.
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." -Oscar Wilde

"Invincibility is in oneself, vulnerability is in the opponent" -Sun Tzu
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Yes, due to slut culture, young Western females are being constantly hit on and so tend to assume any approach a man makes is an attempt to get sex. Hence they become hostile and defensive when approached by men they don't want to have sex with. As has been said, authorities have a policy of taking the resulting whining coming from the females seriously. Also, the idea that men only approach young females to get sex actually has some validity in the West, since most young Western females are disgraceful pieces of human garbage, so getting sex is really the only reason to approach them. Hence it makes sense for men to ignore all females they think will not have sex with them.
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Post by Devil Dog »

Jesus Christ. Sexual harassment laws. You can't get women. It's not because you lack social skills. It's not because you are afraid of women. It's not because you can't hold a conversation. It's because of the sexual harassment laws.

Can any of you dipshits quote any actual statutes which prevent you from meeting women?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Devil Dog wrote:Jesus Christ. Sexual harassment laws. You can't get women. It's not because you lack social skills. It's not because you are afraid of women. It's not because you can't hold a conversation. It's because of the sexual harassment laws.

Can any of you dipshits quote any actual statutes which prevent you from meeting women?
Isn't your troll routine a bit lame and one dimensional? It seems to be just the repeated hilarious assertion that everything in the West is absolutely perfect, so everyone not deliriously happy with every aspect of Western life is just trying to excuse their own deserved punishments for the unspecified but no doubt horrendous character defects they supposedly have. Do you have no pride in your work? If you are going to be a troll, at least you could do so with more than the same single recycled post.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on November 18th, 2019, 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Post by Devil Dog »

Cornfed wrote:
Devil Dog wrote:Jesus Christ. Sexual harassment laws. You can't get women. It's not because you lack social skills. It's not because you are afraid of women. It's not because you can't hold a conversation. It's because of the sexual harassment laws.

It seems to be just the repeated hilarious assertion that everything in the West is absolutely perfect, so everyone not deliriously happy with every aspect of Western life is just trying to excuse their own deserved punishments for the unspecified but no doubt horrendous character defects they supposedly have.
^Nice straw man argument. You can look it up on wiki.

Notice that none of you have quoted the sexual harassment statutes which prevent you from meeting women. You are using these non existent "laws" to justify your shortcomings.

And by the way, the character defects I am referring to are not unspecified. They are:
1. A lack of personal accountability.
2. A lack of social skills.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Devil Dog wrote:Notice that none of you have quoted the sexual harassment statutes which prevent you from meeting women. You are using these non existent "laws" to justify your shortcomings.
I wasn't actually, but there are obviously various contexts in which false or frivolous complaints by skanks against men can cause problems. I assume that you have been living in a cave on Mars for the past 30 years or so or have suffered some kind of traumatic memory loss to not know this.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Post by Devil Dog »

In other words, these Sexual Harassment Laws which are responsible for you not being able to meet women do not exist.

Move on to your next rationalization of your failures. I am happy to discuss those with you.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: And it's your fault too!

Post by jamesbond »

BlueEverglades wrote:I am a white female immigrant from the Caribbean and I do have strong opinions about American culture that gets in my nerves. I see a lot of guys in here complain about women not being approachable, on the other hand I complain about a lack of male initiative to even look at a woman in the eyes to make her more OPEN TO YOU.

Seriously what a simple but puzzling concept is to understand you need to give a woman some kind of friendly vibe before she becomes open to talk to you. If you pass them by with a cold shoulder expecting to be a chick magnet and later complain "Wow no woman wants me" you got to look at yourself first and make some adjustments. You keep saying this is a lonely society but yet millions manage to get and maintain relationships so clearly there's a way around it that you haven't figured out...

And to be fair let me say this, american men are equally as cold, crazy and playing mind games as the women you love to put down in this forum. This weekend I had a change of scenario by going to a local fair that was mainly hispanic and SURPRISE SURPRISE guys were checking me out like crazy, they were not afraid to look me straight in the eye, stare and make conversation, it reminded me of when I lived in my homecountry... but once I'm out there again the Americans behave as if I was invisible, it's a 50/50 or nothing you guys...
Dating experts say that it's the woman jobs to flirt with men (make eye contact, smile at a man) this then signals to the man that the woman is interested in him. After he get's "buying signals" from the woman, it's then the man's job to approach the woman and start a conversation with her.

The problem in America, is that women DO NOT flirt with men! They don't even make eye contact with men and show no interest at all in men! Why should a man approach a woman who has not shown him any interest?

In other countries like Mexico, Brazil, Columbia, Argentina, Ukraine, Spain, Poland and Russia, women DO flirt with men and show interest in men. This makes it very easy for a guy to approach a woman.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
tre
Junior Poster

Re: And it's your fault too!

Post by tre »

BlueEverglades wrote:I am a white female immigrant from the Caribbean and I do have strong opinions about American culture that gets in my nerves. I see a lot of guys in here complain about women not being approachable, on the other hand I complain about a lack of male initiative to even look at a woman in the eyes to make her more OPEN TO YOU. Seriously what a simple but puzzling concept is to understand you need to give a woman some kind of friendly vibe before she becomes open to talk to you. If you pass them by with a cold shoulder expecting to be a chick magnet and later complain "Wow no woman wants me" you got to look at yourself first and make some adjustments. You keep saying this is a lonely society but yet millions manage to get and maintain relationships so clearly there's a way around it that you haven't figured out...

I had an American boyfriend where I literally had to do almost everything to make it work, I had to be the aggressive or else it would have never happened and we broke up shortly after because it's just not natural for most women to be the pursuers.

I do agree though that a lot of how American society is very alienating, paranoid and almost impossible to make friends yet people don't even try to make it to break out of that cocoon. They put on their ear buds, phone and laptop resisting spontaneous high energy exchanges, just passively drifting by putting all the pressure on the other person....
I can't disagree with your post at all. Americans, in general, aren't interested in meeting new people just for the sake of meeting. It's really that simple. Men also have a set assumption about women in America. If a woman is very attractive, men will likely get shot down in a cold approach. They will, however, stare....sometimes blatantly so. If the woman is unattractive and/or overweight, they may be treated as invisible. It's much the same as when an unattractive, obese man tries to connect with an attractive woman. No one's experience in the USA is going to be exactly the same. The mistake is making a blanket generalization about ALL American men and ALL American women. If you are an attractive female (attractive by majority standard) then you will be stared at a lot and perhaps approached by the super bold. If you are not (again, by majority standard) then you may likely be ignored. The same goes for men that try to meet women, unless they have something else going for them (great sense of humor, rich, an admirable skill of some sort, etc.). I do not know what you look like at all so I'm not going to make any concrete assumptions about you. However, the above is what I've noticed in the USA. Also, men have different tastes in women. There are several guys here that like Thick women, while others only like petite women. There really is no absolute standard for attractiveness for every person. That goes for men and women.

Latin men and Black men are often seem more bold in the USA than their White men and Asian men counterparts. They are more likely to stare and cold approach. At least that is what I've seen. I think culture may have something to do with that...not sure. When they see something they like, they want you to know it...lol. Again, there are certainly exceptions to this obviously.

I think women in the USA are more likely to approach a man that they find attractive than in all the countries I've visited in Asia (with exception to hookers). They are also more likely to shoot a man down hard that they don't find attractive. If I wanted to have success with a woman in Asia, I'd have to take the initiative and cold approach. It seems that they expect it and would rather it be done that way. I am not used to that and it really didn't matter as I have a gf already. I saw how my male friend cold approached women in Asia and I was shocked. His methods would never work for him in the USA, he went straight up the ladder with women by moving to Asia.

You already seem to know where your greatest chances of success with men will be. I'd suggest doing what is necessary to be around more latin men as that is your niche it seems...
jtest28
Freshman Poster

Post by jtest28 »

You want the good-looking guys, heh? Take the initiative and try getting shot down few times, then you will know what its like to be a man in this piece of garbage country. Yeah, I didn't think you women liked doing that. . . Hence, your pushing to make men do it instead. Sick bitch, "its all men's fault". Unfucking believable.