Guy from Finland: How to approach women in America?

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Guy from Finland: How to approach women in America?

Post by Falcon »

Yet more evidence that Americans are an anomaly.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 229AA8l37I

How to approach women in America?

I'm new to the US, from Finland. Women seem to be different here in terms of dating. In Finland it's common for both the man and woman to approach one another for romantic dates. Usually in Finland I would approach but a lot of times, women have no problem with stepping up if they are interested in knowing you.

In the US, not so much. Women seem to be more introverted here. I've been here for close to 2 months and still no woman has approached me. I am considered attractive, good face, 2 meters tall, outgoing personae...I've talked to some women at work but I see women in the street Id like to talk to...

So I'd like to meet some women. But I don't want to come off too "socially incorrect", since I don't know the culture too well.

Usually I would just walk up to a woman I find attractive and say...

"Hi, my name is Erik, I saw you and I think you're attractive. May I get to know you some time..."

It would work but I talk to coworker and he says that this would come off "creepy" in America. I am not sure the meaning of this word though but it means something negative.

Response 1 (politically correct):
yeah don't go up to a total stranger and say you're attracted to them. that is weird. just if you are somewhere just say hey do you come here often? I'm kinda new to this place what would u recommend? (only if you're out in a place to eat or something) or compliment them on something like "hi, that's a really pretty shirt or bracelet" or whatever they have on. never say you find them attractive or that u like them.

Response 2: (non-PC):
American women, for the most part, are the worst women in the world

So don't expect to have the kind of relationships you had in Europe

I wish I Iived in Europe and was around European women...
Last edited by Falcon on July 22nd, 2013, 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Falcon
Experienced Poster

Danish guy too

Post by Falcon »

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 210AAgM5W3

How do I approach American women?

So I am from Denmark. I am a computer science student and I transferred over here for my last year of college. I am very busy all the time, but it seems that American women are not interested in men? I can't say that I like a woman at work, according to the handbook because that would be "sexual harassment". I tried to start a conversation in the grocery store, but they just look away. I went to a few churches but I am the only one my age there. There are no women in the calculus 2 class I just took and none in my computer science classes. I graduate next semester, and I am afraid I will never find a woman in America. Where are all the women? Do they just not like men? I am fit and I work out. I shower every day. I have a job. I am on track for the future as a computer major. Why am I all alone?

And:

More articles:

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/its-hard ... 18739.html

http://community.seattletimes.nwsource. ... lug=erik05

http://heartiste.wordpress.com/2009/07/ ... can-women/

http://blogs.voanews.com/student-union/ ... ship-talk/
Last edited by Falcon on July 22nd, 2013, 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

That pretty much sums up everything that's wrong. It's amusing how a European from one of the most liberal and progressive countries in the world finds American women completely baffling and the dating culture absurd.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Danish guy too

Post by jamesbond »

Falcon wrote: Image
This is unfucking believable! Read this thing above and tell me that America is not one f***ed up country! The woman is complaining because a guy asked her out and she told him to never speak to her again.

Then, a girl responds by saying, "asking women out is the same thing as sexual harassment!" WTF? :shock:

She then tells the girl that she should call the police on the guy SIMPLY BECAUSE HE ASKED HER OUT ON A DATE! :shock:

Then the girl who originally asked the question "what should I do, a creepy guy asked me out today" said, "I filed a report with the police."

My God, now in America you can't even ask a girl out on a date, because she might file sexual harassment charges against you!

Jesus H. Christ, how in God's name are men supposed to meet women in America? WTF :shock:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Venetienzo
Freshman Poster

Post by Venetienzo »

jamesbond wrote:
Falcon wrote: Image
This is unfucking believable! Read this thing above and tell me that America is not one f***ed up country! The woman is complaining because a guy asked her out and she told him to never speak to her again.

Then, a girl responds by saying, "asking women out is the same thing as sexual harassment!" WTF? :shock:

She then tells the girl that she should call the police on the guy SIMPLY BECAUSE HE ASKED HER OUT ON A DATE! :shock:

Then the girl who originally asked the question "what should I do, a creepy guy asked me out today" said, "I filed a report with the police."

My God, now in America you can't even ask a girl out on a date, because she might file sexual harassment charges against you!

Jesus H. Christ, how in God's name are men supposed to meet women in America? WTF :shock:

I know that America is totally screwed up with feminism and all that but I have never seen it to this degree! It almost makes me want to have a misogynistic attitude towards AW's from now on.
Venetienzo
Freshman Poster

Post by Venetienzo »

I feel like I've been living under a rock since I barely found out this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internatio ... lation_Act

Of course I wasn't aware of this since I was in high school and focusing on other things. Makes me want to leave this country even more.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Venetienzo wrote:
jamesbond wrote:This is unfucking believable! Read this thing above and tell me that America is not one f***ed up country! The woman is complaining because a guy asked her out and she told him to never speak to her again.

I know that America is totally screwed up with feminism and all that but I have never seen it to this degree! It almost makes me want to have a misogynistic attitude towards AW's from now on.

Completely agreed! This is when so many of us guys in America have reasons to be justifiably angry. I got a plane ticket out of California the very moment I finished up college. I got no dates in college, but got surrounded by interested ladies abroad. :P

In Mexico and China, I remember there were times when I would kiss ladies I've just met on the hand as a cute way of saying goodbye. In Latin America, I've kissed lots of ladies on the cheek too, as a greeting. Try that over here, and you'll end up on the California Sex Offender Registry in no time!
buddy77
Freshman Poster

why would these

Post by buddy77 »

Euro guys want to date an Ameriskank? Do they really want to go thru the interview/checklist? Lol!!! Do the guys really want to listen to the AW's achievements and innane banter?

Theyll soon realise that dating the women in their native homeland was much better than US of gay!
Venetienzo
Freshman Poster

Post by Venetienzo »

Falcon wrote:Completely agreed! This is when so many of us guys in America have reasons to be justifiably angry. I got a plane ticket out of California the very moment I finished up college. I got no dates in college, but got surrounded by interested ladies abroad. :P

In Mexico and China, I remember there were times when I would kiss ladies I've just met on the hand as a cute way of saying goodbye. In Latin America, I've kissed lots of ladies on the cheek too, as a greeting. Try that over here, and you'll end up on the California Sex Offender Registry in no time!
Haha Which countries did you visit that women were interested? After seeing this on Yahoo answers I'm afraid to even say "Hi" to an AW without suffering some kind of repercussion XD The cultural face of the US is suffering from the Domino effect of feminism that began, most intensely, in the 60's and then the 70's with the sexual revolution.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Venetienzo wrote:Haha Which countries did you visit that women were interested? After seeing this on Yahoo answers I'm afraid to even say "Hi" to an AW without suffering some kind of repercussion XD The cultural face of the US is suffering from the Domino effect of feminism that began, most intensely, in the 60's and then the 70's with the sexual revolution.
All sorts of countries that are very different from each other! From Mexico to Guatemala to China to Thailand. From African women in China to white Latina women in Mexico. I've found out the US is really an anomaly compared to the rest of the world. I started realizing this when I was 18, during my first year in college when I'd go down to Mexico by myself.

Don't just take my word for it. Go see for yourself during your school breaks. :wink:
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 23rd, 2020, 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marklambo
Junior Poster

Post by marklambo »

The grass is sometimes greener on the other side. When it comes to women in America vs other countries, I say it is.

It's sad that these decent European guys come here to start a new life in America only to find out the truth about how shitty American women are. These men will probably end up sexless or end up marrying one of these skanks and losing everything they built up. Sad society we live in I tell you.
Private Investment Club
3%-5% a month average returns. No trading involved, all collateral based with low risk. PM for details.

Private Jet Flights
PM for details.
mand38
Freshman Poster

Post by mand38 »

well if you ask me, my opinion is:
same women that will tell you 'you don't have right to ASK me' in day time,
can be in your bad at Friday night after 10 drinks. I love US women, but all depends how and where, it is not same thing in NYC or somewhere at mid west. Then it is something with social status what is in Europe a bit different
Venetienzo
Freshman Poster

Post by Venetienzo »

Falcon wrote:All sorts of countries that are very different from each other! From Mexico to Guatemala to China to Thailand. From African women in China to white Latina women in Mexico. I've found out the US is really an anomaly compared to the rest of the world. I started realizing this when I was 18, during my first year in college when I'd go down to Mexico by myself.

Don't just take my word for it. Go see for yourself during your school breaks. :wink:
Does being tall get you noticed in Mexico? I visited Costa Rica long ago and from what I recall being tall gained you some major points :D . I went to mexico about 2 years back but I was with my gf at the time ( I was suffering from tunnel vision lol ) so I wasn't really paying any attention to any of the locals. My friend ( Native Mexican ) told me that it takes a lot more than being tall to get them to notice you but then my other friend, a tall white guy also, said that when he visited Monterrey that women were on him like vultures.
marklambo wrote:The grass is sometimes greener on the other side. When it comes to women in America vs other countries, I say it is.

It's sad that these decent European guys come here to start a new life in America only to find out the truth about how shitty American women are. These men will probably end up sexless or end up marrying one of these skanks and losing everything they built up. Sad society we live in I tell you.
I used to work at the outlets where I lived and we had a lot of foreigners on buses stop by so they could give them time to shop. I helped out a Frenchman who was about in his early twenties. We started talking and he had said that a lot of Europeans want to come over here to America. Especially in France he said you get paid like "Merde" but that the young to mid generation wanted to come over here. If only he knew how extreme the women are here.

Kinda feel bad for them though. They spend all kinds of money moving over here only to find out its more like hell than paradise and then they don't have enough to move back. This place is like a damn fly trap lol
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Re: why would these

Post by kai1275 »

buddy77 wrote:Euro guys want to date an Ameriskank? Do they really want to go thru the interview/checklist? Lol!!! Do the guys really want to listen to the AW's achievements and innane banter?

Theyll soon realise that dating the women in their native homeland was much better than US of gay!
LMFAO!!!!! Interview checklist drama was the first thing I noticed after my divorce. I was like, what the f**k is this? Why do I need to answer all of these questions, or tell all these strange women all of my personal business? They never ever want to know you. It's merely a job interview! A 401K fund but for them.

LOL