10 Reasons I Won't Go Back to America

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

10 Reasons I Won't Go Back to America

Post by anamericaninbangkok »

Feminism, the greater presence of Big Brother, and the ever present supposed danger that is used to scare Americans...these are a couple of the reasons I will not go back to the US ever without doing so kicking and screaming.

Part 2 goes online tomorrow at 8AM (GMT +7)
tre
Junior Poster

Post by tre »

You are very lucky to be away from the BS that is going on right now in America. What is going on with this "shutdown" is beyond ridiculous. If anyone STILL trusts the government here, they need to have their head examined. My blood pressure went down dramatically (literally) just simply by being outside of the USA. I was fascinated with Asia and the little inconveniences I experienced were easily shrugged off as I compared the overall experience to the USA. I think I'd certainly live a longer, healthier life in Asia....no doubt in my mind. Coming back through LAX is just beyond intrusive. That is the worst part of any trip overseas...dealing with the police state here. I have been nowhere that was half as intrusive as the USA and that even includes SINGAPORE, which isn't known for it's freedoms to say the least.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Singapore isn't intrusive at all. I've been there 15-20 times and I've never, ever been messed with. The worst two places - the US and the Philippines.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

AiB,
To get the same standard of living in America, you'd have to pay 50 percent more? No way. You'd have to pay 500 percent more!

To live by the beach on an island in America would cost A LOT!

Like you, I hate living in big cities too, with all the traffic, cement and stress.

Why don't you just tell US Customs that life is better in Thailand and cheaper and more friendly? They can't demonize that cause they know it's true.

Maybe they asked you about why you live there because you look suspicious and shady? haha. They were probably hoping to get you to admit that you are doing something illegal there. Fat chance. lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Lots of speculation that the "shutdown" and "debt ceiling crisis" are just a ruse to allow Obama and the Repugs to collude on rolling social security and Medicare. We'll find out in a few days.

Nothing in American politics can be taken at face value. Public policy is all bought and paid for, and the public is regarded as easily manipulated imbeciles. Paying serious attention to the theatrics would drive you crazy.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Winston wrote:AiB,
To get the same standard of living in America, you'd have to pay 50 percent more? No way. You'd have to pay 500 percent more!

To live by the beach on an island in America would cost A LOT!

Like you, I hate living in big cities too, with all the traffic, cement and stress.

Why don't you just tell US Customs that life is better in Thailand and cheaper and more friendly? They can't demonize that cause they know it's true.

Maybe they asked you about why you live there because you look suspicious and shady? haha. They were probably hoping to get you to admit that you are doing something illegal there. Fat chance. lol
Winston...once again, you're assuming you know the costs here. The prices of many things in Thailand are the same as in the US or higher. Paper products, groceries, and electronics to name a few. So saying 50-100% is averaged out. It's definitely not 500% more though. Maybe if you're living off $500-1000 a month, but I'm not. My budget is between $3000-$4000 right now which means I'd need to earn $15-$20K a month to have the same standard of living. This is definitely not true.

As far as living by the beach on an island...I don't have to live on an island but a quiet beach town will work. I haven't been to the Florida Keys in 6-8 years but there are some great places to live part-time and while a little expensive, hopefully I'll be able to afford this when I fully retire.

US Customs doesn't need to know what I do. If they do need to know, then go through the legal procedures to find out. I'm an American citizen, I'm not carrying drugs or breaking any law, so their knowing my occupation is unnecessary. I know they can come up with a handful of reasons why they think it is necessary, but since when did their knowing my occupation become a require to enter the country of my birth?

Yea, I look so shady. They wanted me to slip up and I wanted to have some fun with them. Since when did stating your occupation become mandatory for an American to entering the US? If I wanted I could have said, "unemployed." Then what? What's the difference between this and "my wife's family is filthy rich?"
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

I agree with the video. I would also add another reason to stay out of America - Obamacare, which is actually a massive redistribution of wealth program providing crappy insurance for a ridiculous cost. My entire medical bill for last year was less than $400. In the US, young people say they are paying $15,000 a year with deductibles of $5000. The liberals and leftists are going to be permanently in charge which is going to make life increasingly miserable and dangerous for ordinary working people. The current government is absolutely determined to destroy the middle class.
nicho12
Freshman Poster

Post by nicho12 »

MrPeabody wrote:I agree with the video. I would also add another reason to stay out of America - Obamacare, which is actually a massive redistribution of wealth program providing crappy insurance for a ridiculous cost. My entire medical bill for last year was less than $400. In the US, young people say they are paying $15,000 a year with deductibles of $5000. The liberals and leftists are going to be permanently in charge which is going to make life increasingly miserable and dangerous for ordinary working people. The current government is absolutely determined to destroy the middle class.
Hahahaha, are you just figuring this out, the plan has been ongoing for decades to destroy the middle class
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

nicho12 wrote:
MrPeabody wrote:I agree with the video. I would also add another reason to stay out of America - Obamacare, which is actually a massive redistribution of wealth program providing crappy insurance for a ridiculous cost. My entire medical bill for last year was less than $400. In the US, young people say they are paying $15,000 a year with deductibles of $5000. The liberals and leftists are going to be permanently in charge which is going to make life increasingly miserable and dangerous for ordinary working people. The current government is absolutely determined to destroy the middle class.
Hahahaha, are you just figuring this out, the plan has been ongoing for decades to destroy the middle class

Mr. Peabody is the smartest dog ever so pipe down before he tears you a new a$$!
Time to Hide!
aozora13
Freshman Poster

Post by aozora13 »

I agree with MrPeabody. I was paying $126 a month for a $1500 deductible. Because of the Affordable Healthcare Act (Obamacare), the rates will go up next year for my privately paid healthcare to about $257 a month.

It is good you live in another country. I was thinking what I should do as I think time is limited before things get worse in the US.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

#TeamAiB

#21GunSalute

Good vids, Scottie Wottie!
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Part 2

blueeyescanada
Freshman Poster

Post by blueeyescanada »

anamericaninbangkok wrote:
Winston wrote:Since when did stating your occupation become mandatory for an American to entering the US? If I wanted I could have said, "unemployed." Then what? What's the difference between this and "my wife's family is filthy rich?"
If they could get a line on your overseas occupation or investments, would the IRS try to go after you for income tax somehow?
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

No, I file my taxes and I'm allowed a $90K tax exemption. No problem.
tre
Junior Poster

Post by tre »

Answer: The TSA is NOT needed. Each airline should handle their own security procedures. This should not be paid for via the government (aka tax dollars).

I had forgotten about Philippines being intrusive. The funny thing was that this was my first trip out of the USA. I'd gotten so used to the USA TSA that it just felt normal and expected. It was a pleasant surprise to see how NOT intrusive Singapore, Hong Kong and Thailand are in comparison. When you fly in to Singapore (Changi), you may or may not have to have your bags scanned before you leave the airport. However, they DON'T randomly decide to go through ALL of your shit like they do the USA. The USA is the absolute worst. Since when do I want some fat mans hands all through my boxer shorts? My bags get searched even on DOMESTIC flights before it's loaded on the plane at least 50% of the time. I always have that beloved TSA tag INSIDE of my bags when I land. It's f***ing ridiculous...

I currently live on less than $2000 per month in the USA. I live in a small town, have one car that I share with my gf and life very frugal. I could live much better on that $2K per month in Thailand. In fact, I could live on $3000 per month in Singapore. It would be tight, my apartment would be micro (seriously) but it is possible. You save loads of $$ due to public transportation rather than having your own vehicle, insurance, gas, registration fees, etc.... You will also pay much less getting International Health Insurance vs Health Insurance in the USA. I can't afford health insurance in the USA unless I'm working for a bank, a union, etc...