America loves that you are lonely!

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
BlueEverglades
Freshman Poster

America loves that you are lonely!

Post by BlueEverglades »

As an immigrant from the Caribbean I am still appalled I'm supposed to be alone 24/7 just to prove that I'm independent. One thing I noticed recently is that there's only person in most cars whether it is on weekdays or weekends I'm not seeing families of 3 and more traveling in cars to places. isn't that weird? I know everyone is supposed to have their car but family as an unit is supposed to share a little bit in my opinion. And is exactly in the supposed to be's that money is made, when everyone needs their stuff separately, loneliness becomes profitable for the system!If children are not going out on weekends and instead are playing video games we have a bigger problem than we think.

Also the thought of living alone, dining alone, sleeping alone is simply depressing yet if you type this into google "I don't want to live alone" you get the opposite advice on how to live alone! lol there are a bunch of articles saying how cool is to be lonely 24/7 and techniques to make it better. Google is a huge fraud, more often than not it gives me the exact opposite of what I'm looking for.

Many anti-american pages have been deleted or you simply don't find that many sites from people who dislike living here, is it on purpose? Lonely has been equated with being independent, if you live with your parents but have a job and pay for your stuff you are still not independent according to....whom? Why is it so bad to be taking care of your parents in a family that helps each other out as opposed to alone "just because"

I believe it's because the lonelier you are the more you start craving "stuff" that's good for the economy, people tend to fill the void with materialism and it pays off. Then we have a new agey spirituality for those who don't like materialism telling you to buy more of their books if you want the big secret of being successful and peaceful, ect.

Their solution to being lonely is to connect to a an abstract cloud of "love" , angels, gurus, ect sending a message not to expect a damn thing from anyone in the real world because they too need to buy their book to learn how to connect with whatever so that we can be alone together forever! This is why I have started to dislike self- help books so much, they perpetuate the system! They are all in it! What do you have to say for yourself ? is there no way other than going overseas to make it all better?
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

American Exceptionalism will be its downfall. Nothing will happen until its crashes or a movement large enough to create changes in that system.

Its a race to see which happens first.

There will be another financial crash in the near future but that might not change anything.

From the start of the Gilded Age to the crash of '29, it took almost twenty years for their to be a reaction to the Gilded Age and then the crash. The New Deal that was created to appease them didn't happen until 1933 and has been pushing since then until 1968 and the creation of welfare.

For a parallel movement to happen, you'll have to get around a militarized police forces and the bigots looking for a race war to jump off.

What will likely happen is a series of problems, I'd say a crash of the economy combined with a historical weather event, likely in the Southeastern US might finally get people motivated.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Studies show that America is one of the loneliest places in the world. Of course, you are not supposed to talk about this, your supposed to like your "independence." :roll:

On top of being a lonely place to live, the women here are not friendly or flirtatious at all. So you can see why Winston says, America is not only a lonely country to live in but also a horrible place to live if your a man trying to meet women.

Trying to connect with people here in the US seems unnatural. I think a lot of people here like being alone and enjoy their "independence."
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
rudder
Junior Poster

Post by rudder »

I hate self-help books. I say fill your head with something practical instead. Science. Or learn new langauges or develop cottage industries.
nicho12
Freshman Poster

Post by nicho12 »

djfourmoney wrote:American Exceptionalism will be its downfall. Nothing will happen until its crashes or a movement large enough to create changes in that system.

There will be another financial crash in the near future but that might not change anything.

From the start of the Gilded Age to the crash of '29, it took almost twenty years for their to be a reaction to the Gilded Age and then the crash. The New Deal that was created to appease them didn't happen until 1933 and has been pushing since then until 1968 and the creation of welfare.

For a parallel movement to happen, you'll have to get around a militarized police forces and the bigots looking for a race war to jump off.

What will likely happen is a series of problems, I'd say a crash of the economy combined with a historical weather event, likely in the Southeastern US might finally get people motivated.
There's no going around a race war, it has to happen whether you or I like or not, the people who pushed for racial integration back in the 1960's understood it and that was their goal, to have races fighting each other and when the war is over the country will be so weakened that it can easily be taken over by a foreign enemy or it can easily be destroyed. Never forget the one basic law of nature "Two different types of animals can not permanently occupy the same ecological niche, one eventually must drive the other into extinction"
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Never forget the one basic law of nature "Two different types of animals can not permanently occupy the same ecological niche, one eventually must drive the other into extinction"
Races in the US are not different types of animals. They are all humans and Americans.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

I agree, but I would say there's no point in finding friends in America. The people who you see socializing mostly have relationships to appear gregarious. It's a status symbol to be seen socializing and an oddity to be seen alone. So most American friendships seem to be based on a mutual relationship to appear outwardly part of a group. I remember in high school no one wanted to sit alone at lunch so they desperately made alliances with people to not appear like loners.

So now I don't try making friends. I view Americans as selfish short sighted people that can be easily taken advantage of. You should view them as wallets to rob for escaping America. I work in marketing and I get a lot of pleasure out of lying to Americans with deceitful advertising.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

There are a lot of lonely people in America but they make no fuss about it and do not show up at restaurants alone. I notice that when you are at a restaurant, everyone is with others. No one is alone.

Why is it normal for people to eat at fast food places alone in the US, but not at restaurants?

I was at IHOP yesterday morning having omelette and pancakes and noticed that it was crowded and that no one else was alone. Strange. The waiters must have thought that it was strange for me to be there alone. lol

I don't know how to explain this, but in America, I get this feeling and vibe that tells me that you are NOT supposed to try to meet people or pick up girls, instead, you are expected to ALREADY have a partner and mind your own business and not be "seeking". It's hard to explain, but that's the vibe I get.

How do other people in America meet others I wonder?

Maybe we are all just not part of the "collective karma or soul" of America?

I also notice that there aren't really any social events where you can meet people. In Europe, for example, there are always events just around the corner where you can meet people. It's easy and natural to socialize with others. But in America, there are no such events, except the ballroom dancing scenes in movies. Really weird. I mean, sure, you can go to Meetup.org and look for events and get togethers, but even then, you will only be meeting a very tiny segment of the population.

How come in movies, especially historical films, they always show ballroom dancing where men and women can meet and socialize? Where are these events in real life?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
nicho12
Freshman Poster

Post by nicho12 »

ladislav wrote:
Never forget the one basic law of nature "Two different types of animals can not permanently occupy the same ecological niche, one eventually must drive the other into extinction"
Races in the US are not different types of animals. They are all humans and Americans.
Humans are also animals, though we are an advanced type of species. Trying putting Tigers, lions, Hyenas, deers, pythons etc in the same area and tell them to hug and love each other by saying "we are all animals, so let's enjoy this diversity". My point is that, although people in America are all "Americans", they still have differences in them, and as long as there're differences among a people whether it's a difference in color, nationality, religion, political beliefs, people will always fight each other, that's the way the world works, that's the way the world has always worked, that's the way the world will always work.
nicho12
Freshman Poster

Post by nicho12 »

Winston wrote:There are a lot of lonely people in America but they make no fuss about it and do not show up at restaurants alone. I notice that when you are at a restaurant, everyone is with others. No one is alone.

Why is it normal for people to eat at fast food places alone in the US, but not at restaurants?

I was at IHOP yesterday morning having omelette and pancakes and noticed that it was crowded and that no one else was alone. Strange. The waiters must have thought that it was strange for me to be there alone. lol

I don't know how to explain this, but in America, I get this feeling and vibe that tells me that you are NOT supposed to try to meet people or pick up girls, instead, you are expected to ALREADY have a partner and mind your own business and not be "seeking". It's hard to explain, but that's the vibe I get.

Maybe we are all just not part of the "collective karma or soul" of America?

I also notice that there aren't really any social events where you can meet people. In Europe, for example, there are always events just around the corner where you can meet people. It's easy and natural to socialize with others. But in America, there are no such events, except the ballroom dancing scenes in movies. Really weird. I mean, sure, you can go to Meetup.org and look for events and get togethers, but even then, you will only be meeting a very tiny segment of the population.

How come in movies, especially historical films, they always show ballroom dancing where men and women can meet and socialize? Where are these events in real life?
The movie directors are there to shape public opinion in their movies, they don't care whether you get a girlfriend or not.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Winston wrote: I don't know how to explain this, but in America, I get this feeling and vibe that tells me that you are NOT supposed to try to meet people or pick up girls, instead, you are expected to ALREADY have a partner and mind your own business and not be "seeking". It's hard to explain, but that's the vibe I get.

I also notice that there aren't really any social events where you can meet people. In Europe, for example, there are always events just around the corner where you can meet people. It's easy and natural to socialize with others. But in America, there are no such events.
Yes, in the United States, it does seem as if you are not supposed to try and meet people or pick up girls, instead you are expected to ALREADY have a partner and mind your own business.

I often wonder how most people meet their future husbands and wives in America. My guess, is that they meet through their friends. It does sound as if meeting people in Europe is easier and more natural than it is in the US.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

nicho12 wrote: The movie directors are there to shape public opinion in their movies, they don't care whether you get a girlfriend or not.
True. But in a romantic movie, esp if it takes places during the Victorian era or early 20th century, they will always use a ballroom dance scene as a backdrop to get the couple to meet and get acquainted. Or they will show a live band with dinner and dancing for the lovers to meet at.

So I'm wondering, were those ballroom dance events common in the past? Where are they today? Why can't you go to one today and meet girls? Why don't they have them? Why are they so common in movies if they aren't around in real life?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Re: America loves that you are lonely!

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

BlueEverglades wrote:As an immigrant from the Caribbean I am still appalled I'm supposed to be alone 24/7 just to prove that I'm independent. One thing I noticed recently is that there's only person in most cars whether it is on weekdays or weekends I'm not seeing families of 3 and more traveling in cars to places. isn't that weird? I know everyone is supposed to have their car but family as an unit is supposed to share a little bit in my opinion. And is exactly in the supposed to be's that money is made, when everyone needs their stuff separately, loneliness becomes profitable for the system!If children are not going out on weekends and instead are playing video games we have a bigger problem than we think.

Also the thought of living alone, dining alone, sleeping alone is simply depressing yet if you type this into google "I don't want to live alone" you get the opposite advice on how to live alone! lol there are a bunch of articles saying how cool is to be lonely 24/7 and techniques to make it better. Google is a huge fraud, more often than not it gives me the exact opposite of what I'm looking for.

Many anti-american pages have been deleted or you simply don't find that many sites from people who dislike living here, is it on purpose? Lonely has been equated with being independent, if you live with your parents but have a job and pay for your stuff you are still not independent according to....whom? Why is it so bad to be taking care of your parents in a family that helps each other out as opposed to alone "just because"

I believe it's because the lonelier you are the more you start craving "stuff" that's good for the economy, people tend to fill the void with materialism and it pays off. Then we have a new agey spirituality for those who don't like materialism telling you to buy more of their books if you want the big secret of being successful and peaceful, ect.

Their solution to being lonely is to connect to a an abstract cloud of "love" , angels, gurus, ect sending a message not to expect a damn thing from anyone in the real world because they too need to buy their book to learn how to connect with whatever so that we can be alone together forever! This is why I have started to dislike self- help books so much, they perpetuate the system! They are all in it! What do you have to say for yourself ? is there no way other than going overseas to make it all better?

You hit this on the nail!! It's ridiculous. I live out in the suburbs where isolation is at its worse! People live in 3-4000SF homes ALONE with nobody coming to visit them or anything. So do you know what people do? They get dogs and cats and humanize them. It's sick. I LOVE dogs, but I will be d*M if I'm coming home to a dog and start talking to the thing!

The whole move out on your own is a SCAM! People should only move out if they really need to, as in, they don't get along with their family or something, otherwise, it only serves to line the pockets of real estate agents, apartment building owners, and the vast array of stores such as Best Buy, or IKEA, that are waiting for you to buy furniture and other crap that you wouldn't even need to buy if you just stayed at home.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

nicho12 wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:American Exceptionalism will be its downfall. Nothing will happen until its crashes or a movement large enough to create changes in that system.

There's no going around a race war, it has to happen whether you or I like or not, the people who pushed for racial integration back in the 1960's understood it and that was their goal, to have races fighting each other and when the war is over the country will be so weakened that it can easily be taken over by a foreign enemy or it can easily be destroyed. "
I move all though European circles and I have no problems. And mind you, the Europeans and the neighborhoods I live in occupy professionals, and some of them even drive Ferrari.

To me, racism is overblown. It's all about how you carry and conduct yourself, and if you have a skill/trade a person outside of your race will hire you can give you a chance regardless of your race.
nicho12 wrote:Two different types of animals can not permanently occupy the same ecological niche, one eventually must drive the other into extinction"
It's not about race when humans fight, it's about taking over needed resources and land for basic survival. That's all humans have mostly fought over down though the ages. Also, here in the States, Whites and Blacks have been having sex with each other since the first ship landed here with the slaves and the slave masters. Many, many whites are walking around with African DNA in them just as many blacks are walking around with European DNA such as myself with supposedly Irish stock. There is no one pure race.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

drealm wrote:I agree, but I would say there's no point in finding friends in America. The people who you see socializing mostly have relationships to appear gregarious. It's a status symbol to be seen socializing and an oddity to be seen alone. So most American friendships seem to be based on a mutual relationship to appear outwardly part of a group. I remember in high school no one wanted to sit alone at lunch so they desperately made alliances with people to not appear like loners.

So now I don't try making friends. I view Americans as selfish short sighted people that can be easily taken advantage of. You should view them as wallets to rob for escaping America. I work in marketing and I get a lot of pleasure out of lying to Americans with deceitful advertising
I agree with the above. I'm DONE with trying to make American friends, and I'm DONE with the women here. Within the past 2 months I stepped my toe again in the dating market and all 4 women who I courted ended. Then the last "friend" I met was a girl and she just has no time even for a simple email reply and my text go ignored but yet she was the one who asked me for my contact info.

F**** em!