They are going to steal everything we worked for.

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

HouseMD wrote:He hates commodities on principle, as they produce nothing and profit can only come from an increase in their consumption. He just views gold as the penultimate bullshit fear investment. Warren Buffet invests in companies that create jobs and grow the economy as a matter of principal if you're familiar with his ethics.
Buffett made a large investment in silver in 1997 because it was undervalued. This is true again.
And silver isn't a bad investment at the moment, just not a spectacular one. You'll make money given enough time.
What is better than silver right now? My 2 major investments are silver and AMH.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

OutWest wrote:
HouseMD wrote:He hates commodities on principle, as they produce nothing and profit can only come from an increase in their consumption. He just views gold as the penultimate bullshit fear investment. Warren Buffet invests in companies that create jobs and grow the economy as a matter of principal if you're familiar with his ethics.

I still will gladly bet anyone here my Browning BAR .30-06, 500 rounds of Remmington ammo, and 500 dollars worth of canned goods versus $2,000 dollars worth of gold or silver bullion, at the time of the bet being placed, that the economy does not collapse within ten years of the bet being placed. My end of the deal is paid out if the DJIA drops below 2,500 or the USD experiences greater than 1,000% inflation at any point in said ten year period.

And silver isn't a bad investment at the moment, just not a spectacular one. You'll make money given enough time.
So a DOW 3500 and 500% inflation would not qualify as a collapse? LOL

At any rate, the despots would far rather have a slow degradation that they can manage.
Who says despots and aspiring despots want a total collapse? Who would be left to plunder in that case? No, you must keep the tax slaves on the treadmill....
Set whatever terms you like. Dow at 4000, inflation at 300% over a ten year period. It won't happen because there isn't any real wealth to steal. The monetary system is an illusion by which people have willingly enslaved themselves to the rich. As long as most people believe in it, it will keep going forward. The ultra wealthy wouldn't benefit from financial collapse, as their lifestyles require a modern economy to function. They don't want to give up their mega yachts and private jets, and they certainly wouldn't want civil unrest threatening their health or safety. The illusion is to their benefit, as it always has been, for giving up the system means giving up six billion slaves.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

SilverEnergy wrote:The dollar is going to zero, do you actually think that the world's richest and most powerful people are going to be totally broke?

Of course not because they will be investing in real estate, gold, silver and oil.
Water is another precious commodity. The world's freshwater is limited and clean freshwater is becoming scarcer. The only real estate I think is worth having is farmland, mineral deposits and mines, oil wells, or land with water. Quality farmland with water (such as well water, lakes, or aquifers) would be some of the best.

There are too many homes I think are overpriced. Why are many homes in American cities overvalued? I don't see any of them being investment quality. A regular, standard home on a typical property with no special qualities is nothing special and I don't consider it an investment unless it's acquired at a major discount and it's in an area with significant demand.

If the median wage in America is about $35,000 or $40,000 then why do most homes sell within the range of $180,000-$300,000? Any real estate purchased with debt is a liability. Even without debt if a person can't afford the taxes they lose it. It's always somewhat of a liability.

I don't believe that physical oil has an infinite lifespan.

Food will also rot and degrade over time.

I think silver and gold are the only true assets. Water is something that will also last a long time and it's a requirement for life and food production.

Cash is worthless. It's only a medium of exchange. It doesn't store value, it doesn't produce anything, and it's intrinsically worthless. It's value is only because it's the accepted medium of exchange and because people have faith in it. There's also the fact that the national governments prevent any competing currencies (private currencies, state currencies, or gold/silver backed currencies). Cash is used and accepted because of of brainwashing, coercion, and monopolistic control.
Rocky Top
Freshman Poster

Post by Rocky Top »

I still will gladly bet anyone here my Browning BAR .30-06, 500 rounds of Remmington ammo, and 500 dollars worth of canned goods versus $2,000 dollars worth of gold or silver bullion, at the time of the bet being placed, that the economy does not collapse within ten years of the bet being placed. My end of the deal is paid out if the DJIA drops below 2,500 or the USD experiences greater than 1,000% inflation at any point in said ten year period.

I've got a Glock 27 with about 500 rds and a Sig716 with 500 rds along with ~750 silver oz and food/water for a 30 days at the moment. And I've only been "prepping" since about December or January of this year.

I figure if it is drawn out longer than 2 weeks-30 days, neither the silver bugs or the cellar dwellar food hoarding preppers will be in good shape. You are talking about a complete breakdown of society if things are drawn out longer than that and we have bigger things to worry about.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Rocky Top wrote:

I've got a Glock 27 with about 500 rds and a Sig716 with 500 rds along with ~750 silver oz and food/water for a 30 days at the moment. And I've only been "prepping" since about December or January of this year.

I figure if it is drawn out longer than 2 weeks-30 days, neither the silver bugs or the cellar dwellar food hoarding preppers will be in good shape. You are talking about a complete breakdown of society if things are drawn out longer than that and we have bigger things to worry about.
The problem with prepping is your going to run out of supplies at some point and then you'll be back to square one, that's one of the reasons I left the anglosphere indefinitely. However, before I left I gave 400lbs of rice, 60lbs of oatmeal and 80lbs of beans and filled up 5 gas cans and gave it to my mom and sister and yes they think I'm crazy. When the US dollar does crash building a raft and sailing down the Mississippi with a corn cob pipe won't seem like a bad idea.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

HouseMD wrote:
OutWest wrote:

So a DOW 3500 and 500% inflation would not qualify as a collapse? LOL

At any rate, the despots would far rather have a slow degradation that they can manage.
Who says despots and aspiring despots want a total collapse? Who would be left to plunder in that case? No, you must keep the tax slaves on the treadmill....
Set whatever terms you like. Dow at 4000, inflation at 300% over a ten year period. It won't happen because there isn't any real wealth to steal. The monetary system is an illusion by which people have willingly enslaved themselves to the rich. As long as most people believe in it, it will keep going forward. The ultra wealthy wouldn't benefit from financial collapse, as their lifestyles require a modern economy to function. They don't want to give up their mega yachts and private jets, and they certainly wouldn't want civil unrest threatening their health or safety. The illusion is to their benefit, as it always has been, for giving up the system means giving up six billion slaves.
I think this is the really pertinent point. Numbers like the federal debt and bank derivatives are just funny money, accounting entries on computers. They don't refer to anything real. Almost all the money corresponding to real wealth has indeed been drained out of the real economy and government by the financial sector, and TPTB surely must know they've reached the limit. They won't allow a complete collapse of American civil life. And they won't allow a collapse of the dollar either. They've built up an unparalleled military capability in the US, and if China or anybody else threatens the dollar, the US will start wars. And China, for one, knows this.
Rocky Top
Freshman Poster

Post by Rocky Top »

Taco wrote:
Rocky Top wrote:

The problem with prepping is your going to run out of supplies at some point and then you'll be back to square one, that's one of the reasons I left the anglosphere indefinitely. However, before I left I gave 400lbs of rice, 60lbs of oatmeal and 80lbs of beans and filled up 5 gas cans and gave it to my mom and sister and yes they think I'm crazy. When the US dollar does crash building a raft and sailing down the Mississippi with a corn cob pipe won't seem like a bad idea.
That has been my point, as well. I'm not going to go way out of my way to get 6 months of rations, building a "bug out" home and doing all kind of extra nonsense. I say that if we have a doomsday scenario where all hell breaks loose, all of the action will occur in the first 2 weeks. The elderly and disabled will die in droves. The thugs and welfare queens will be shipped off to FEMA camps or die of lead poisoning during a shooting spree/riot filled festival for 1-2 weeks.

After 2 weeks, you will see the dust begin to settle... hopefully. Anything longer than that, and we all have much bigger problems.
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

Tsar wrote:
SilverEnergy wrote:The dollar is going to zero, do you actually think that the world's richest and most powerful people are going to be totally broke?

Of course not because they will be investing in real estate, gold, silver and oil.
Water is another precious commodity. The world's freshwater is limited and clean freshwater is becoming scarcer. The only real estate I think is worth having is farmland, mineral deposits and mines, oil wells, or land with water. Quality farmland with water (such as well water, lakes, or aquifers) would be some of the best.

There are too many homes I think are overpriced. Why are many homes in American cities overvalued? I don't see any of them being investment quality. A regular, standard home on a typical property with no special qualities is nothing special and I don't consider it an investment unless it's acquired at a major discount and it's in an area with significant demand.

If the median wage in America is about $35,000 or $40,000 then why do most homes sell within the range of $180,000-$300,000? Any real estate purchased with debt is a liability. Even without debt if a person can't afford the taxes they lose it. It's always somewhat of a liability.

I don't believe that physical oil has an infinite lifespan.

Food will also rot and degrade over time.

I think silver and gold are the only true assets. Water is something that will also last a long time and it's a requirement for life and food production.

Cash is worthless. It's only a medium of exchange. It doesn't store value, it doesn't produce anything, and it's intrinsically worthless. It's value is only because it's the accepted medium of exchange and because people have faith in it. There's also the fact that the national governments prevent any competing currencies (private currencies, state currencies, or gold/silver backed currencies). Cash is used and accepted because of of brainwashing, coercion, and monopolistic control.
Rot???

They have food designed to deal for the economic collapse that will last long enough to feed you for a while.

As far as food, it would be foolish not to stock up on food. The rich people all over the world are stocking up on food and water.

A wise person would not only buy silver and gold but also have another back up plan by buying food and water.

You misunderstand real estate.

You are investing for CASH FLOW. Your mortgage as the LANDLORD is paid for by your TENANTS. You increase the value of the house as the land lord by adding enhancements to your property. You as the landlord uses good debt to buy the property and rent it out, while your tenants pay the mortgage.

Then you refinance it and put the equity in your pocket.

Real estate will put money in your pocket whether the markets are good or bad, every real estate investor knows this.

Yeah, silver is a bargain right now.

I just bought another 1 ounce american silver eagle a couple of days ago.

Once the price eventually gets up to $100 per ounce it will be too late to invest in silver.

Every successful real estate investors will tell you that real estate is a shelter for inflation.

Homes aren't the only real estate.

Apartment buildings also also rented out for cash flow and more and more people will live in apartments in the future when they can't afford homes.

A quote from "Make Millions By Buying Small Apartment Properties In Your Spare Time" by Brian K. Friedman - "While inflation hinders most business sectors, inflation will permit your rents to rise higher than normal, thus further increasing the value of your real estate."

A complete investor will invest in silver, gold and real estate to deal with the economic crisis.

If you are not that big on investing, then silver and gold(if you can afford it) is the best thing for you to prepare for the economic collapse.

I love real estate because I love the idea of helping people find a decent place to live, plus it puts more money in your pocket than stocks and it increases your net worth by a lot. Plus real estate has the BEST tax advantages of ANY investment, as your equity and cash flow are NOT taxed.

Real estate isn't for everybody as everyone has different preferences.
Last edited by SilverEnergy on November 23rd, 2013, 7:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

Rocky Top wrote:
Taco wrote:
Rocky Top wrote:

That has been my point, as well. I'm not going to go way out of my way to get 6 months of rations, building a "bug out" home and doing all kind of extra nonsense. I say that if we have a doomsday scenario where all hell breaks loose, all of the action will occur in the first 2 weeks. The elderly and disabled will die in droves. The thugs and welfare queens will be shipped off to FEMA camps or die of lead poisoning during a shooting spree/riot filled festival for 1-2 weeks.

After 2 weeks, you will see the dust begin to settle... hopefully. Anything longer than that, and we all have much bigger problems.
Yep and the military will step in and enforce order.

Many people will die and commit suicide during the economic collapse.
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

fschmidt wrote:
Buffett made a large investment in silver in 1997 because it was undervalued. This is true again.
What is better than silver right now? My 2 major investments are silver and AMH.
Silver is a bargain and it's WAY undervalued.

Warren Buffet bought 130 million ounces of silver.

Donald Trump bought a LOT of gold bullion.

Rich people all around the world are buying silver and gold by the millions to prepare for the economic collapse.

I currently have 23 ounces of silver bullion.
Rocky Top
Freshman Poster

Post by Rocky Top »

HouseMD wrote: Who am I going to trust, conspiracy theorists and doom prophets or Warren Buffet? I think the answer is clear. I'll gladly bet anyone here 10 years out the global economy will not collapse, at whatever stakes you are willing to wager. But when I win, you'd best be willing to pay up.
Also, after doing some research today, found out that Buffet did indeed buy silver when it was at or below the cost to mine it and then sold his position with some regret.
"I bought early and sold early."

Warren Buffet
He bought silver at around $6.00/oz and sold it at close to $7.50... right before it exploded to $30 and beyond.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Rocky Top wrote:Also, after doing some research today, found out that Buffet did indeed buy silver when it was at or below the cost to mine it and then sold his position with some regret.
"I bought early and sold early."

Warren Buffet
He bought silver at around $6.00/oz and sold it at close to $7.50... right before it exploded to $30 and beyond.
I doubt he regretted it. He probably sold close to mining cost which is safe. It is dangerous to bet on human psychology. Currently mining cost is between $25 and $30. I am willing to bet a little on psychology, that once it starts going up, all the conspiracy nuts will jump in and drive it higher. So I plan to sell at $40.
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

I really don't know when the collapse will happen, it might be in 3 years, 10 years or 25 years.

All I know is that it's going to happen.

It's not a matter of "if", it's a matter of "when".

ALL fiat currency fails.

The only way that a collapse won't happen is if they back all the world's currency with gold or silver, which I don't think they will.

They are going to keep printing until game over.

Silver is intended as a LONG TERM investment.

It's not a get rich quickly type of investment.

As far as real estate, when you invest for cash flow, you can get an infinite return on your money: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9YZAA9dwxc
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

I really don't know when the collapse will happen, it might be in 3 years, 10 years or 25 years.

All I know is that it's going to happen.

It's not a matter of "if", it's a matter of "when".

ALL fiat currency fails.

The only way that a collapse won't happen is if they back all the world's currency with gold or silver, which I don't think they will.

They are going to keep printing until game over.

Silver is intended as a LONG TERM investment.

It's not a get rich quickly type of investment.

As far as real estate, when you invest for cash flow, you can get an infinite return on your money.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

There is a real problem with silver as a long term investment, taxes. You can buy physical and not report it, but this is a problem if you are talking about significant money, both because the silver can be stolen and because the government can find out. If you pay taxes, you lose much of the inflation protection value. So I expect to sell out soon, meaning within a few years.

My long term investment is AMH which is a REIT. This works much better because I never have to sell which means I never have to pay tax on the capital gain caused by inflation. I just keep collecting the dividend which will automatically adjust for inflation.