Social Isolation in New York city is killing me.

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Jvargasbronx
Freshman Poster

Social Isolation in New York city is killing me.

Post by Jvargasbronx »

I live in New York City throughout my life and every time I'm with a group of friends (they're very cliquish and became acquaintances) or I'm talking to someone, I often feel alone due to the Social Isolation in New York city and let's not forget people are constantly glued to their Iphones, smart phones, Android phones, and tablets. Whenever I get the chance to talk to people and it frustrated me. I mean granted the advanced technology that we Americans obtained is great and all but at the same time its detrimental when longer hours of work and a large amount of online communication take away from personal communication, making it harder to form friendships. Social media such as Facebook and Twitter have also led to a decrease in the amount of personal communication experienced in everyday life, and serves to make emotional attachments more difficult to achieve.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

NY is among the worst of the worst. Get out in the world and experience people who love to socialize and mix with new and different people.

A life in NY is a life wasted.
Jvargasbronx
Freshman Poster

Post by Jvargasbronx »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:NY is among the worst of the worst. Get out in the world and experience people who love to socialize and mix with new and different people.

A life in NY is a life wasted.
you're correct and very much soon I'm gonna get out of this lifeless city once and for all.
Bane
Freshman Poster

Post by Bane »

By all means, leave NYC NOW if possible. Leaving that place last summer was the best decision I have ever made. Since leaving, my overall mood has improved 10,000 fold, color has come back to my face, I'm getting out more, working out more, playing less video games, and I even actually find myself smiling every now and again.
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." -Oscar Wilde

"Invincibility is in oneself, vulnerability is in the opponent" -Sun Tzu
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Get away as fast as you can! New York is like poison, it destroys the soul of every person it touches. I was offered admission to a med school there and turned that shit down like an ugly hoe.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Washington, DC is worse.
OTB
Freshman Poster

Post by OTB »

Bro, I understand your frustration. I'm going through the same thing down here in South Jersey. The majority of the time I'm alone. I'm a very sociable person too but this culture we live in forces you to be alone. It's truly depressing.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

OTB wrote:Bro, I understand your frustration. I'm going through the same thing down here in South Jersey. The majority of the time I'm alone. I'm a very sociable person too but this culture we live in forces you to be alone. It's truly depressing.
Your right, these big cities are the worst places to live if you want to meet people and have a good social life.

It's ironic because you would think living in a big city would HELP your social life since a lot of people live there. However, most people who live in big cities are unfriendly and anti-social.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Jvargasbronx
Freshman Poster

Post by Jvargasbronx »

OTB wrote:Bro, I understand your frustration. I'm going through the same thing down here in South Jersey. The majority of the time I'm alone. I'm a very sociable person too but this culture we live in forces you to be alone. It's truly depressing.
So depressing that I began to have Psychological issues, such as depression and I feel like a loner all the time.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I thought NY was the center of the world? lol. Shouldn't it be the most exciting place? lol. That's what the media portrays. lol

SF is like that too. Everywhere you go, you see people with snotty shitty attitudes on their faces. Rock and I were there the other day. The faces on people there said "Mind your own business. Every stranger is a creep to me." It's very unnatural and unsocial. But it's the norm in big American cities.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Jvargasbronx
Freshman Poster

Post by Jvargasbronx »

Winston wrote:I thought NY was the center of the world? lol. Shouldn't it be the most exciting place? lol. That's what the media portrays. lol

SF is like that too. Everywhere you go, you see people with snotty shitty attitudes on their faces. Rock and I were there the other day. The faces on people there said "Mind your own business. Every stranger is a creep to me." It's very unnatural and unsocial. But it's the norm in big American cities.
The media portrays NYC as the most exciting place in the world to be, But in reality its a city void with workaholics, Obama supporters, People that are extremely cliquish, and NYC women being the most snobbish creatures (regardless of what race and nationality they're from). You're right Winston. In big american cities you'll have people with their snobbish attitudes and its very unnatural.
In2dadark
Freshman Poster

Post by In2dadark »

The northeast U.S. (in general) is soul snatching.
Hackenfall Backslash
Freshman Poster

Post by Hackenfall Backslash »

If that's how you feel about urban areas, don't even THINK of going to Dixieland. You want social isolation? You want psychological issues? You do? Go to Florida then. Especially the southwest (anything below Hillsborough County but about Miami).

You're pretty much not going to fit in unless you're a certified loser.
Avatar: Edward and Alphonse Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)
Signature: Demi-Fiend (Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne)
Maverick
Junior Poster

Re: Social Isolation in New York city is killing me.

Post by Maverick »

Jvargasbronx wrote:I live in New York City throughout my life and every time I'm with a group of friends (they're very cliquish and became acquaintances) or I'm talking to someone, I often feel alone due to the Social Isolation in New York city and let's not forget people are constantly glued to their Iphones, smart phones, Android phones, and tablets. Whenever I get the chance to talk to people and it frustrated me. I mean granted the advanced technology that we Americans obtained is great and all but at the same time its detrimental when longer hours of work and a large amount of online communication take away from personal communication, making it harder to form friendships. Social media such as Facebook and Twitter have also led to a decrease in the amount of personal communication experienced in everyday life, and serves to make emotional attachments more difficult to achieve.
I lived in the NYC area for most of my life. I never had an issue with social isolation.

You should join Meetup groups or something where you can find people with mutual interests.

As far as meeting women, cold approach isn't TERRIBLE there. I met some girls on cold approach that led to something (though, it's a numbers game of course....and you will be best served by developing social circles through what I described above).
Jvargasbronx
Freshman Poster

Re: Social Isolation in New York city is killing me.

Post by Jvargasbronx »

Maverick wrote:
Jvargasbronx wrote:I live in New York City throughout my life and every time I'm with a group of friends (they're very cliquish and became acquaintances) or I'm talking to someone, I often feel alone due to the Social Isolation in New York city and let's not forget people are constantly glued to their Iphones, smart phones, Android phones, and tablets. Whenever I get the chance to talk to people and it frustrated me. I mean granted the advanced technology that we Americans obtained is great and all but at the same time its detrimental when longer hours of work and a large amount of online communication take away from personal communication, making it harder to form friendships. Social media such as Facebook and Twitter have also led to a decrease in the amount of personal communication experienced in everyday life, and serves to make emotional attachments more difficult to achieve.
I lived in the NYC area for most of my life. I never had an issue with social isolation.

You should join Meetup groups or something where you can find people with mutual interests.

As far as meeting women, cold approach isn't TERRIBLE there. I met some girls on cold approach that led to something (though, it's a numbers game of course....and you will be best served by developing social circles through what I described above).
well I do have issues with social isolation, most of my life in NYC and who knows it might work. And I've live in New york city most of my live and I'm planning on getting out of the city soon.