Got led on by a Filipina

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Got led on by a Filipina

Post by Hero »

So I was chatting on Facebook with a cute 23 year old Filipina, and I thought that we'd really hit it off. Today she tells me that if I were younger, then she'd really like me, but at age 47, I'm too old for her to date. Thanks, bitch. Why have you been wasting my time for the past month if you thought that I was too old for you??! :x OK, rant over.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Re: Got led on by a Filipina

Post by pete98146 »

Sorry to hear that Hero. On to the next one brother....
Lorenzo
Freshman Poster

Post by Lorenzo »

Hero wrote:So I was chatting on Facebook with a cute 23 year old Filipina, and I thought that we'd really hit it off. Today she tells me that if I were younger, then she'd really like me, but at age 47, I'm too old for her to date. Thanks, bitch. Why have you been wasting my time for the past month if you thought that I was too old for you??! :x OK, rant over.
A reality is that the majority of girls from Phils and elsewhere will not consider more than 18-20 years age difference. My guess if you surveyed the normal Phils population less than 1/3 would. There are certainly girls that will, it's a numbers game, so carry on and keep at least 4-5 chatting at any time until your ready to narrow the field. Dave and Pete scored but of course they are enormously handsome LOL.

Facebook is not a good place to find one or build a relationship ;)
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

She probably really did like you, and then she caved to commentary from friends, parents, other family members etc.

It really is better to meet them on the ground in the real world, and as was mentioned, have a few on rotation. Since you can gauge body language and real levels interest, you can narrow it to the one.

The Philippines is one place where being only 47 you will have a leg up on the majority of the competition.

I have had girls who were clearly head over heels for me almost turn around because, after they begin telling everybody, they start hearing crazy stories about black people! If you're on the ground, you can make sure they see you and not colours, numbers or other arbitrary nonsense.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Thanks, guys. All of you are right. Plenty of other Filipinas under 25 who'll date a guy my age. I'm just pissed at this girl for wasting my time. Why did she think that I was showing interest in her? Did she really think that I wanted to be just friends? Totally clueless.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Wait she chatted with you for a month and than decided your too OLD for her? Huh..am I missing something..I mean she knew your age at first right? Either she is using that as an excuse to not see you or something is up. I mean ...first thing is first if the girl is OK with your age..

If your 47 years old..not sure how young you want to go but my advice go for late 20's or early 30's..but hey that's my thinking.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

chanta76 wrote:Wait she chatted with you for a month and than decided your too OLD for her? Huh..am I missing something..I mean she knew your age at first right? Either she is using that as an excuse to not see you or something is up. I mean ...first thing is first if the girl is OK with your age..

If your 47 years old..not sure how young you want to go but my advice go for late 20's or early 30's..but hey that's my thinking.
Yes, this girl knew my age from day one. I honestly don't know what she was thinking. Maybe she just didn't realize that men consider it a MAJOR insult to be friend-zoned.

I've heard that there's usually something seriously wrong with a Filipina over the age of 25 who's never been married. Besides, they don't age well. So I'm holding out for a woman 18-25.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Hero wrote:
chanta76 wrote:Wait she chatted with you for a month and than decided your too OLD for her? Huh..am I missing something..I mean she knew your age at first right? Either she is using that as an excuse to not see you or something is up. I mean ...first thing is first if the girl is OK with your age..

Yes, this girl knew my age from day one. I honestly don't know what she was thinking. Maybe she just didn't realize that men consider it a MAJOR insult to be friend-zoned.

I've heard that there's usually something seriously wrong with a Filipina over the age of 25 who's never been married. Besides, they don't age well. So I'm holding out for a woman 18-25.
Hero, I think it's like this. When a woman in say the Philippines starts corresponding with you, she may not take it so seriously or think very far ahead. She's open to making friends with you for the time being and doesn't think it through. But as your correspondence progresses and she starts to get closer to you, she may start taking it more seriously and imagine the potential future with you. At this stage, she may struggle in her mind but ultimately decide there is something about you (say age, certain values, race, etc.) are gonna be a deal breaker for LTR and therefore must break things off with you before she gets any more invested.

Even guys may do this sometimes. Perhaps they get attention online from a hot looking single mom and enjoy the chats and flirtations for a few weeks. But as things progress to serious territory, the re-evaluate things from the perspective of a permanent relationship and decide they really don't wanna marry a single mom. So at that point, they may write the girl and break the bad news - it's off.

Girls, and even men sometimes, don't act completely rational in online relationships. They may be very conflicted and have a hard time deciding what to do as new people pop in and out of their radar. This girl probably did not intend to string you along. Things just happened and she had a delayed reaction. Women don't always think through all the possible scenarios before they post an online profile. They just take things as they come.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Rock wrote: Hero, I think it's like this. When a woman in say the Philippines starts corresponding with you, she may not take it so seriously or think very far ahead. She's open to making friends with you for the time being and doesn't think it through. But as your correspondence progresses and she starts to get closer to you, she may start taking it more seriously and imagine the potential future with you. At this stage, she may struggle in her mind but ultimately decide there is something about you (say age, certain values, race, etc.) are gonna be a deal breaker for LTR and therefore must break things off with you before she gets any more invested.

Even guys may do this sometimes. Perhaps they get attention online from a hot looking single mom and enjoy the chats and flirtations for a few weeks. But as things progress to serious territory, the re-evaluate things from the perspective of a permanent relationship and decide they really don't wanna marry a single mom. So at that point, they may write the girl and break the bad news - it's off.

Girls, and even men sometimes, don't act completely rational in online relationships. They may be very conflicted and have a hard time deciding what to do as new people pop in and out of their radar. This girl probably did not intend to string you along. Things just happened and she had a delayed reaction. Women don't always think through all the possible scenarios before they post an online profile. They just take things as they come.
Sure, I get it. Still, it was foolish of her to reject me just because of my age. Frankly, I think that I'm the best that she can expect to get.
GoingAwol
Junior Poster

Post by GoingAwol »

Sounds like an Ameriskank. That's the kind of shit I have dealt with from American women my age. I'm 24 by the way.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Hero,

So you want a young filipina but they don't age well? Am I missing something? I mean if they don't age well you only enjoy that youthful look for a short window of time unless your just into short term looking.

Which leads me to the question why do they not age well? I mean if you look at Japanese or Korean even Chinese women tend to age well...even some White women who take care of themselves age well.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

chanta76 wrote:Hero,

So you want a young filipina but they don't age well? Am I missing something? I mean if they don't age well you only enjoy that youthful look for a short window of time unless your just into short term looking.

Which leads me to the question why do they not age well? I mean if you look at Japanese or Korean even Chinese women tend to age well...even some White women who take care of themselves age well.
I just want that window to be as long as possible. I don't know why they don't age well. Maybe it's their diet.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Sorry to hear this, Hero. Could have happened for a million reasons. She might have sensed that you were serious or she got serious. Or she met someone else. Or her parents disapproved. Or she got scared. Or she's completely full of shit.

In my case it was the opposite. I chatted with 3 girls I really liked; all were 20. I knew they were too young but they were all sexy, cute, bright, and fun to talk with. Ultimately in each case I had to tell them the truth. All were disappointed, though probably not hurt. One married an Aussy about a year later.

It's quite possible that your chat mate was similar. She was having fun but ultimately needed to tell you the truth. If she is actually being honest, she might make a good friend. I have said many times that having a Pinay friend or two who can help you navigate the landmines is a really good thing. Maybe she's got a friend for you!

If not, move on, chat with many and see what happens.

Good luck!
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Hero wrote:So I was chatting on Facebook with a cute 23 year old Filipina, and I thought that we'd really hit it off. Today she tells me that if I were younger, then she'd really like me, but at age 47, I'm too old for her to date. Thanks, bitch. Why have you been wasting my time for the past month if you thought that I was too old for you??! :x OK, rant over.
The quality of Filipinas varies according to region. Luzon women are definitely the most arrogant I've come across. I don't recommend dating them. The further south you go from Manila the friendlier the women are.
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Taco wrote:
The quality of Filipinas varies according to region. Luzon women are definitely the most arrogant I've come across. I don't recommend dating them. The further south you go from Manila the friendlier the women are.
Yep, she lives in Luzon, Bulacan province, in a town called Hagonoy.