Why I Hate Pub Culture

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Why I Hate Pub Culture

Post by Pixel--Dude »

I despise pub culture. Like I said in a discussion with @Lucas88 when we talked about the UK and culture, the country we live in has no culture at all other than a culture of working Monday to Friday only for the weekend so people can get f***ed up on alcohol and possibly other drugs. What is the purpose of this?

Why is something like cannabis and psilocybin illegal when alcohol, which causes way more damage, is not only legal but also seen as the highlight of life among the proletariat classes :lol:

Alcohol ruins your health, physical and mental. It makes people behave like moronic idiots. It makes people loud and obnoxious. It makes people lose their inhibitions. It ruins friendships, romantic relationships and exacerbates depression. I think people should be free to do as they please, but excessive alcohol consumption should be avoided.

Cannabis is vilified as a gateway drug, but during my years of excessive smoking weed I never craved anything stronger. It was only when I was going through a stage of heavy alcoholism that I experimented with pills and cocaine.

So there you have it. Alcohol is the worst drug ever. And now no matter where you decide to live you will inevitably hear the proletariat morons enjoying their partying on a weekend and never knowing when to call it a night :lol:
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.