Bots & A.I. On The Forum.

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Bots & A.I. On The Forum.

Post by Pixel--Dude »

One thing that grinds my gears on this forum is the amount of f***ing bots that try to make accounts and then post shit. They're so frustrating. I didn't log in for a few days and when I signed back in I had almost 30 notifications from bots wanting approval. @Winston and @fschmidt should be able to relate to how frustrating this is lol.

Anyway, speaking of which it has recently been brought to my attention that member @josephty2 is a bot. Apparently from what I've been told his posts don't make any sense at all and seem more like spam. I've tagged Josephty2 here so he has a chance to defend himself if he is human :lol:

Does anyone else have anything to add about this or evidence to support that he is actually a bot? If he is his account should be deleted.

@Lucas88
@MarcosZeitola
@publicduende
@Yohan
@galii
@MrMan
@WanderingProtagonist
@Natural_Born_Cynic
@kangarunner
@gsjackson

Apologies to anyone not included. Obviously anyone is entitled to a say.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
josephty2
Freshman Poster

Re: Bots & A.I. On The Forum.

Post by josephty2 »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
January 5th, 2024, 8:03 am
One thing that grinds my gears on this forum is the amount of f***ing bots that try to make accounts and then post shit. They're so frustrating. I didn't log in for a few days and when I signed back in I had almost 30 notifications from bots wanting approval. @Winston and @fschmidt should be able to relate to how frustrating this is lol.

Anyway, speaking of which it has recently been brought to my attention that member @josephty2 is a bot. Apparently from what I've been told his posts don't make any sense at all and seem more like spam. I've tagged Josephty2 here so he has a chance to defend himself if he is human :lol:

Does anyone else have anything to add about this or evidence to support that he is actually a bot? If he is his account should be deleted.

@Lucas88
@MarcosZeitola
@publicduende
@Yohan
@galii
@MrMan
@WanderingProtagonist
@Natural_Born_Cynic
@kangarunner
@gsjackson

I'm not a bot. You just don't like or understand what I'm posting. Or you ignore me basically.

Who are you, Pixel--Dude, you're calling me out. Is it my reply to Dan cilley? Please be honest. I mostly reply to

MarcosZeitola
galii
MrMan
WanderingProtagonist
Natural_Born_Cynic
Winston

I don't usually reply to other users. Perhaps reply in other threads by quotation of my posts and I would clarify for you. If you don't think I'm human I'll take that as an insult.

I am aware of other users idk paloaltoguy came up in one of the recent posts. You think I'm one of the older users? What evidence do you have to justify that?

I think I remind you of a former ex girlfriend of yours. I think. I'm not sure how. Obviously I'm a dude irl so idk. I'm not gonna send a link of my photo. I mean I've heard of president names as usernames before. But seriously?

Edit: it took me 20 minutes to understand. When a professor assigned readings I realize some students skim 5% of the required texts. I often provide links. I realize no one clicks on them. You can't assume you know. I get it, professors are terrible at making syllabus and grading properly. Professors who grade a certain way to reward reading entire texts typically either get denied tenure or get fired for something silly, though it's correlates, so they may be denied tenure for lack of research funds or fired for something like sexual misconduct.
Last edited by josephty2 on January 5th, 2024, 8:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
Then again, some people go all the way (cognitive dissonance/fallacy of incomplete evidence).

Eat dates.

The problem is iphones.
Roccia
Freshman Poster

Post by Roccia »

josephty2 wrote:
January 5th, 2024, 8:07 am
Pixel--Dude wrote:

@Lucas88
@MarcosZeitola
@publicduende
@Yohan
@galii
@MrMan
@WanderingProtagonist
@Natural_Born_Cynic
@kangarunner
@gsjackson

I'm not a bot. You just don't like or understand what I'm posting. Or you ignore me basically.

Who are you, Pixel--Dude, you're calling me out. Is it my reply to Dan cilley? Please be honest. I mostly reply to

MarcosZeitola
galii
MrMan
WanderingProtagonist
Natural_Born_Cynic
Winston

I don't usually reply to other users. Perhaps reply in other threads by quotation of my posts and I would clarify for you. If you don't think I'm human I'll take that as an insult.

I am aware of other users idk paloaltoguy came up in one of the recent posts. You think I'm one of the older users? What evidence do you have to justify that?

I think I remind you of a former ex girlfriend of yours. I think. I'm not sure how. Obviously I'm a dude irl so idk. I'm not gonna send a link of my photo.
English isn't his first language and can be difficult to understand him at times. He also doesn't seem to know what he's talking about.
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

No he isn't a bot, I don't think he is.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

josephty2 wrote:

MarcosZeitola
galii
MrMan
WanderingProtagonist
Natural_Born_Cynic
Winston

I think I remind you of a former ex girlfriend of yours. I think. I'm not sure how. Obviously I'm a dude irl so idk. I'm not gonna send a link of my photo. I mean I've heard of president names as usernames before. But seriously?

Edit: it took me 20 minutes to understand. When a professor assigned readings I realize some students skim 5% of the required texts. I often provide links. I realize no one clicks on them. You can't assume you know. I get it, professors are terrible at making syllabus and grading properly. Professors who grade a certain way to reward reading entire texts typically either get denied tenure or get fired for something silly, though it's correlates, so they may be denied tenure for lack of research funds or fired for something like sexual misconduct.
I think the reason behind of @Pixel--Dude's frustration is not much about members like you, @josephty2, being AI driven or not. It's about writing stuff that is contextual, on point, makes sense and contributes to the conversation.

I have curiously followed your posts to the aforementioned members and, whether your contents is AI-generated or not, it just doesn't make any sense. It doesn't have any correlation with the original reply, save for some keywords that can be picked up by the AI for context inference.

Case in point, you mentioned paloaltoguy gratuitously and that alone is highly suspicious.

Then these two paragraphs are completely out of context and don't make any sense.

Whether or not you're a bot, you provide the same quality of responses of one. Therefore, you're next to useless IMHO.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

josephty2 wrote:
Pixel--Dude wrote:

@Lucas88
@MarcosZeitola
@publicduende
@Yohan
@galii
@MrMan
@WanderingProtagonist
@Natural_Born_Cynic
@kangarunner
@gsjackson

MarcosZeitola
galii
MrMan
WanderingProtagonist
Natural_Born_Cynic
Winston

My thread is kind of separated into two parts. First, the rant about bots making spam threads when joining and seeking approval. This includes stuff like advertising etc.

Some bots are easily distinguishable from human members and so we can disapprove their posts. However, sometimes bots slip the net and make nonsensical posts, but still pass as human members. These bots are eventually discovered and we generally remove their threads.

Just for your information, I am not accusing you directly of being a bot. But it has been brought to my attention by two or more long term users who have asked me to investigate your account. I don't have anything against you personally, I've never interacted with you. We've barely spoken at all. I think at one point i asked you to stop removing topic titles when you responded to them because that pisses me off. Other than that I've paid very little attention to you.

@publicduende is right. I don't know what your last two paragraphs are all about. They are unrelated and don't make any sense at all. I think this is the kind of thing people are talking about when they refer to you being a bot. Bots generally find it difficult to effectively mimic human behaviour and so they end up posting things that make no sense.

Thanks for input from @WanderingProtagonist and @Roccia who seem to believe you're human.

You seem very defensive accusing me of not liking you. Insisting that you're human? That's exactly what a bot would say...
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
josephty2
Freshman Poster

Post by josephty2 »

publicduende wrote:
January 5th, 2024, 8:58 am
josephty2 wrote:

MarcosZeitola
galii
MrMan
WanderingProtagonist
Natural_Born_Cynic
Winston

I think the reason behind of @Pixel--Dude's frustration is not much about members like you, @josephty2, being AI driven or not. It's about writing stuff that is contextual, on point, makes sense and contributes to the conversation.

I have curiously followed your posts to the aforementioned members and, whether your contents is AI-generated or not, it just doesn't make any sense. It doesn't have any correlation with the original reply, save for some keywords that can be picked up by the AI for context inference.

Case in point, you mentioned paloaltoguy gratuitously and that alone is highly suspicious..
I have eyes and can see that word paloaltoguy in the recent 100 forum list. I use a device and see that on the screen. Why would you be suspicious? I don't know him. You have bad memories of him and clearly seem offended.

I used the bing version of chatgpt, the generated responses are quite professional however they never answer a question and seem like no different from paying someone to write my school essay which a experienced teacher would fail my essay. Perhaps you are used to a certain way of answering. It's like meeting someone like the genie girl from psychology textbook. Most people including sadly 99% of Americans are like, yes it is 99%, someone like that shouldn't be in public that'll cause too many kids to drop out of school. She can speak, it's just she is happier abroad.
Last edited by josephty2 on January 5th, 2024, 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Then again, some people go all the way (cognitive dissonance/fallacy of incomplete evidence).

Eat dates.

The problem is iphones.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

@josephty2 where are you from?
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

Email address seems legitimate enough, though the listed interests on this account seem random and don't make sense.
josephty2
Freshman Poster

Post by josephty2 »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
January 5th, 2024, 9:16 am
I'm sorry I didn't clarify. I did have a account named josephty1. If you find my josephty1 post in the intro subforum I introduced myself there. I forgot the password and apparently the email with it I deleted, I did forget to change the email before deleting Gmail. Gmail doesn't let you remake a new account with the same name. It's frustrating because I will never remember the password. It's basically the same name josephty so it's not so important. Zboy1 I think replied.
Pixel--Dude wrote:
January 5th, 2024, 9:17 am
Email address seems legitimate enough, though the listed interests on this account seem random and don't make sense.
The interests. Yeah democrats don't understand why the roe v wade decision was overturned. Too reliant on a certain person wearing a supreme shirt.
Last edited by josephty2 on January 5th, 2024, 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eat dates.

The problem is iphones.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

josephty2 wrote:
January 5th, 2024, 9:14 am
I used the bing version of chatgpt, the generated responses are quite professional however they never answer a question and seem like no different from paying someone to write my school essay which a experienced teacher would fail my essay. Perhaps you are used to a certain way of answering. It's like meeting someone like the genie girl from psychology textbook. Most people including sadly 99% of Americans are like, yes it is 99%, someone like that shouldn't be in public that'll cause too many kids to drop out of school. She can speak, it's just she is happier abroad.
Why would you use ChatGPT to engage in a forum? You don't have anything to say of your own? If that is the case, you'd better stop posting.
josephty2
Freshman Poster

Post by josephty2 »

publicduende wrote:
January 5th, 2024, 9:25 am
josephty2 wrote:
January 5th, 2024, 9:14 am
Why would you use ChatGPT to engage in a forum? You don't have anything to say of your own? If that is the case, you'd better stop posting.
No I said I tested the bing chatgpt to see what the hype is about. Could you not see that was a rant? I never used that on this forum. I realize this is a facepalm moment.
Last edited by josephty2 on January 5th, 2024, 9:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Eat dates.

The problem is iphones.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

There's one way to prove that someone is not a bot. Have them appear to you on Skype or webcam? But these days, with AI and ChatGPT, it's hard to say who is real and who isn't. Some people are suspicious too. Also the government could have AI that is far beyond anything we know and can talk like a human rather than like a computer. That's always possible. But it's also possible to be overly paranoid too. It's hard to stay sane.

To @MarcosZeitola: You never addressed my point before. You said that government shills like the COINTEL program, would not waste their time or resources on a small fringe forum like this. True. However, if an AI is running the whole thing, then it can be everywhere all at once, like a god can. Consider your body. One red blood cell may not be significant in your body, but the body will take care of it and manage it nonetheless, because there is some type of AI program in your body that is running all 40 trillion cells in it. Do you see what I mean? Likewise, a blade of grass doesn't matter, but it's part of the ecosystem and the matrix takes care of it just like it does with any other blade of grass. Do you see what I mean? An AI program can do anything like a god, it's not limited like a single mind is.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Roccia
Freshman Poster

Post by Roccia »

josephty2 wrote:
January 5th, 2024, 9:22 am
Pixel--Dude wrote:
I'm sorry I didn't clarify. I did have a account named josephty1. If you find my josephty1 post in the intro subforum I introduced myself there. I forgot the password and apparently the email with it I deleted, I did forget to change the email before deleting Gmail. Gmail doesn't let you remake a new account with the same name. It's frustrating because I will never remember the password. It's basically the same name josephty so it's not so important.
I noticed you deleted a huge part of your josephnty1 comments and I wonder why.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=28606
josephty2
Freshman Poster

Post by josephty2 »

Roccia wrote:
January 5th, 2024, 9:30 am
josephty2 wrote:
January 5th, 2024, 9:22 am
Pixel--Dude wrote:
I'm sorry I didn't clarify. I did have a account named josephty1. If you find my josephty1 post in the intro subforum I introduced myself there. I forgot the password and apparently the email with it I deleted, I did forget to change the email before deleting Gmail. Gmail doesn't let you remake a new account with the same name. It's frustrating because I will never remember the password. It's basically the same name josephty so it's not so important.
I noticed you deleted a huge part of your josephnty1 comments and I wonder why.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=28606
I noticed my earlier posts before 2018 are a lot more like Winston when he dated a white woman, went to a bunch of new age events, paranormal stuff etc. Like someone who uses iPhone. Infj is probably correct for my early 2015-2018 posts.

My recent posts of me ranting about Seattle and trying to find explanations for it, so I'm perceiving. I don't like to blame myself. The explanations I think are more accurate but difficult to explain. I realize a lot of posts could use a sentence of introduction. Many revised editions of bestseller books have a preface or forward for a reason. I also advise a caution to people who are vegan too long, like you would have missing gaps not just in nutrition but in other things.

Eat dates.

The problem is iphones.