Why do so many American women have tattoos nowadays?

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

I have read this whole thread. Personally, I don't mind tattoos on women, and I do understand that tattoos go back to at least 5000BCE.

The problem however is that in this day and age, women get tattoos for no particular reason, and there is no cultural identity connected to it so it's just a huge turn off to me.

To be honest, I have more respect for a female who was in a gang and has tattoos of her gang on her then a typical bar chick who has a stupid design above her buttocks that really means nothing and is just put there to look good in skinny jeans because it's trendy.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

djfourmoney wrote:I mean as a fetish thing I think I could date but maybe not married a tatted up woman. Too many of them seem to have Betty Page fetishes though and I can do without that...
Yea, I use to see those kind girls out in California; the Kat Von D type. To be honest, I'm glad there are subcultures who reject to conform to the mainstream (well, at least up until 28 when they need to get a real job).

I would not date girls like that, however, because I have only seen them with white guys, and they have the attitude like ball busters which is an attitude that I don't think real women living in the 50's had.

I did meet one nice white woman who was a 50's throwback, but I did not ask her out or anything. I was so taken back by her beauty and 50's style makeup I had to say something and she thank me with a huge smile and took it in like she really needed to hear what I said.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

http://suicidegirls.com/

It's not for everyone. Either you like it, or you don't.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

momopi wrote:It's not for everyone. Either you like it, or you don't.
it's a form of mental retardation. nothing more
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

LinuxOnly wrote:
momopi wrote:It's not for everyone. Either you like it, or you don't.
it's a form of mental retardation. nothing more
Hardly. Tattoos and body art has been part of human culture for thousands of years.

Atayal tribesmen in Taiwan:

Those in Thailand can explain Yantra tattoos better than me:

Greeting a Maori:
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

A few small tattoos here and there that can be hidden aren't a big deal, however when a girl gets a tramp stamp and/or other larger type tattoos on other parts of the body it is usually an indication of emotional instability and also she most likely is or was a whore. If you want drama in your life find a girl with a bunch of tattoos. IF they are on modern women I generally an turned off by them, they make a girl look unsophisticated.

I got a few tattoos while i was in the Navy in my early 20's. Basically I think for the average person not in a gang or jail its a way to show off ones personality openly and to get attention. If I were to make a decision whether i wanted tattoos or not on me I probably wouldn't have gotten any from the start. But when you are young you want to be different and stand out, you don't think about how they may look 20 years later.

I tried having one of the smaller ones removed and it cost a couple thousand dollars to do it for a little 1 inch tattoo. It still is technically there but my body hair covers the remaining so its not visible unless i chose to shave that articular area. There is only one that I have on my arm that is technically still looking okay, but that one cost the most to put on initially.

So basically I would do one night stands or have a f**k buddy girl with tattoos but I would never consider having a relationship with a girl with more than a couple tiny ones hidden. From personal experience most of them have mental and emotional issues.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Enishi
Freshman Poster

Post by Enishi »

Tramp stamps and gaudy stuff makes me nervous, but I don't see all tattoos as bad. It also depends on why they got them. Many tribes have had body art as a tradition for thousands of years, generalizing all tattoos as bad is Christian silliness in my eyes.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

I think all of us would note here that tribal tatoos by Maori girls or other tribal girls are an exception. We are talking about Western girls.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

I must agree with Mr Peabody and Globetrotter on this one.

Certainly not all lower class people get tattoos, but of that tattooed people I have met, many of them have been . . .

I was on another forum a week ago and I made a thread stating ... "You know she is a whore when she has a back tattoo." Amazingly, many of them men on there then stated their wives have tramp stamps. Then one of the women PMs me a picture of her tramp stamp.

Very common in North America right now. Got to be cool!
Raja
Freshman Poster

Post by Raja »

Asia Outback wrote:You are right about the tats- tramp stamps, landing lights, or hand grips...high mileage girls.
Unless you are around bar girls, tats are very rare in the Philippines- I don't recall ever seeing
a mainstream girl with a tat as it pretty well brands a girl as a whore.

Jake
Youb should watch their TV someone as high profile as 45 year old Ai Ai de las Alas got hers a couple of years ago and many actors on their telenovellas no longer cover theirs like Angelina Jolie does for a role.

With the culture setters getting them it won't be long before those near the middle class start to do what the stars do to look cool. I figure in this area Filipino culture is where American culture was 15 to 20 years ago and tattoos will become more noticeable with each passing day.
ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster

Bash me if you want

Post by ErikHeaven »

But i think that chick that owns her own tattoo shop on tv, i really cannot remember her name she was dating richie sambora, Kat Von D i think her name is i think she is so f***ing hot. But most other women look like tramps and hookers with them.
sushiman
Freshman Poster

Post by sushiman »

Agreed on the mental retardation point.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

globetrotter wrote:An anthropological tradition for stone age hominids and cavemen.

If that is what you want to convey then the rest of us will note who you are emulating and who your peer group is.

That is, your peer group is cave men.

All tattoos instantly reveal that the person has bad judgment and is a slave to current societal trends and fads.

When I grew up in the 70's and very early 80's only 3 types of people had tattoos:

Sailors
Military
Bikers

If you are not a man in those 3 groups then your tattoo is a fad as you conform to the current bullshit trend.

It was, and is, a sign of lower class values.

If many people are doing it, that is just a sign that many people in the USA now have lower class values.
I never understood why so many young people in the USA follow trends so much. If one of their friends gets a tattoo, they all get them. Women with tattoos are a REAL turnoff for most guys. Some women think it makes them look sexy but in reality it makes them look like a tramp.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

The Worse Kind Of Tattoo A Girl Can Have!!!

Post by WorldTraveler »

To me the worse tattoo of all on a girl is What? It is when her low class boyfriend is so insecure that he has to tattoo his name on his girl. I personally think guys that do this to third world girls who don't know better are disgusting. I have met 2 girls that still had their X-boyfriends names tattooed on them. Of course they don't have the money to get them removed or covered over. To me this is one sick thing. I do have exception, if you the guy have tattooed your girls name on you then fine. The two girls I met that had their X-boyfriends name on them were very embarrassed about this.

My opinion in general of tattoos in SE Asia is that Tattoos are only for tramps and whores in Asia. I have actually walked up to girls that I thought were hot and then seen a big tattoo, then just turned around and walked away. Looks too much like trash to me. I don't think you'd ever see a tattoo on a girl living in the provinces of a SE Asian country.

I've also seen some tattoos on some Russian girls on some dating sites. I just thought they had been around the block one time too many.

As far as American girls go. I don't like them most of the time. But I would NOT think a girl was wild if she had a tattoo. I'd just think she was dumb thinking she'd like to wear the same thing on her body for the rest of her life.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

The modern woman:
Can't cook, can't clean, can't stay in shape, can't stay loyal, wastes all your money, acts like a bitch, and now.. looks like a gang member. Who doesn't want to be with a useless whore like this!? :lol: