Homeowner disputes

Share funny jokes, stories or comical content.
HappyGuy

Homeowner disputes

Post by HappyGuy »

Apr 6, 2018 (Houston)
HOA demands homeowners to keep garage doors open

Apr 25, 2019 (Orlando)
Video:Property owner builds fence through pool

Jul 22, 2011
Texas Man Buys $330k House for $16

May 19, 2004 Racist Neighborhood (WFOR-TV)
Neighbors mad at family for painting their house red
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Homeowner disputes

Post by jamesbond »

Homeowner associations have a lot of power and sometimes they are run by people who are power hungry or incompetent (or both). That's why it's best to buy a house and not have to deal with a homeowner association and all their rules and regulations.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
CannedHam
Freshman Poster

Post by CannedHam »

jamesbond wrote:
June 2nd, 2020, 11:23 pm
Homeowner associations have a lot of power and sometimes they are run by people who are power hungry or incompetent (or both). That's why it's best to buy a house and not have to deal with a homeowner association and all their rules and regulations.
Be careful as many single family homes are also part of an HOA. I understand the need for an HOA in condos and townhouses as there's a lot of shared spaces like pools, landscaping, snow removal etc. that need some owner oversight.

But an HOA for a neighborhood of single family homes is another issue. It's mostly a way that bored housewives and retirees with no hobbies get their moment to shine and go on a power trip about home appearances. A coworker of mine lives in a single family home HOA and if he wants to paints his house, he needs prior approval from the HOA, and there are only a few different colors they will allow. He also received a warning about keeping his cars parked on the driveway for several weeks :shock: (he was installing wood floors and needed to temporarily convert his garage to a work shop and staging area)

Also, a lot of municipal governments around here have started cracking down on "blight" and unkept lawns...

Best bet is to buy a nice large piece of land 1+ hour outside of a major metro area where you can do whatever the hell you want and no neighbor would even see it.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

CannedHam wrote:
June 3rd, 2020, 8:22 am
Best bet is to buy a nice large piece of land 1+ hour outside of a major metro area where you can do whatever the hell you want and no neighbor would even see it.

I agree 100%, someday I will buy a home out in the middle of nowhere, with no neighbors around me. I want to do this as soon as I can. Right now I live in a condo and have to pay a homeowners association fee each month and deal with my neighbors.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

jamesbond wrote:
June 3rd, 2020, 10:11 pm
CannedHam wrote:
June 3rd, 2020, 8:22 am

I agree 100%, someday I will buy a home out in the middle of nowhere, with no neighbors around me. I want to do this as soon as I can. Right now I live in a condo and have to pay a homeowners association fee each month and deal with my neighbors.
I kind of agree, but the problem here is that lots of people have the same idea so such properties cost much more that they should. I don't know if there is a term for them in America, but here they are called "lifestyle blocks". You also have problems with emergency service response times, utilities and such.
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

Sep 29, 2015 - Rooter Rite worker to client: ‘They’re scamming you’

"A local man says a frustrating situation turned dangerous when a Salem plumbing company allegedly tried to take advantage of him."
:lol:

Aug 11, 2017
Suburban America is on a steady decline

Return to “Jokes, Humor, Comic Relief”