What's your opinions on the UK?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the European Countries.
mattyman
Junior Poster

What's your opinions on the UK?

Post by mattyman »

For those who've travelled around, please share your opinions.

From posts I've read on here, it seems like the general consensus is negative, pretty much the same themes, regarding women and dating as ranted-about with American women. I would tend to agree however, all the negatives that are ranted about, such as being rough, full of attitude etc. are definitely worse amongst the working classes.

I would tend to agree with those that conclude that the UK is paradise for those who just want a quick shag, but not for finding a nice girlfriend.

I've even found some posts by Americans on here saying they found UK women a notch worse than American women. If you don't like openly-slutty, especially combined with drunkenness, I can definitely relate to this.

Fortunately, there are many cities hear with a large population of foreign uni, and English language students.

For those of you who've travelled, or lived here, what are your general opinions? What were your experiences? Did anyone have the misfortune to deal with the workin-class lasses?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

QuestionMark
Freshman Poster

Post by QuestionMark »

I was wondering about this too. People recommended that I go to the UK for years, but I've heard mostly negative stuff on this forum. It sounds like it might be better than the states where I can't even get a one night stand, but for a nice girlfriend, I might have to just look forward to continental Europe.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Well I live here and it's a shithole. Don't think for one moment that just because it's next to Europe that it's like Europe. It isn't. There's nothing good about this place. Anyone who thinks this place is good is an idiot. Everything that Winston says about the US applies to here too, but I think it's probably worse. That's why people should open their eyes and not assume that everything has to be compared to the US. The US isn't the only western country.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Someone here - Lavezzi, PublicDuende, Xiongmai, I forget - was saying that he felt there was actually a need for a matchmaking site to match up foreign women in London with local men. Lots of Poles, I understand, and of course Caribbeans.

Truth is, if you like a place, something will probably happen, even if it's just a little fun experience.

If it was me (which it isn't :wink: ) I would head OUT of London, from Dover to Cornwall to Wales to Scotland, stopping at a new pub every night. Apparently it's quite normal to make friends with strangers there in pubs, outside of London at least. If true, that would be a huge advantage over the US.

Have good times for sure, at least. And maybe find someone who looks like a young Catherine Zeta-Jones.

Also, visa-wise, easy-peasy to stay in British Isles longterm, just hit France or elsewhere once every 6 months, stay forever.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Jester wrote:Have good times for sure, at least. And maybe find someone who looks like a young Catherine Zeta-Jones.
When I spent the summer in Prague three years ago, my landlady, who was a Bosnian refugee, said that Sarajevo has many hundreds (maybe she said thousands, I can't recall) of girls who look just like Catherine Zeta-Jones. Obviously, Sarajevo went on my list, and I'm there now, and basically, she's right. If you like that look, you'll find lots and lots of (mostly) young girls who have it. Most of them Muslims, secularized or not, I guess. The war drove out many Serb Orthodox and Croatian Catholic.

As for the UK, I'll probably spend far more time there, as I always do, than would be suggested by the conventional wisdom of this site. You've got to know what you want, and for me communicating in highly nuanced English is one those things, God help me. Fifty years ago, the US was producing a culture in English that was close to that of the UK. Now, after decades of American dumbing down, it's not even close.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Jester wrote:Someone here - Lavezzi, PublicDuende, Xiongmai, I forget - was saying that he felt there was actually a need for a matchmaking site to match up foreign women in London with local men. Lots of Poles, I understand, and of course Caribbeans.

Truth is, if you like a place, something will probably happen, even if it's just a little fun experience.

If it was me (which it isn't :wink: ) I would head OUT of London, from Dover to Cornwall to Wales to Scotland, stopping at a new pub every night. Apparently it's quite normal to make friends with strangers there in pubs, outside of London at least. If true, that would be a huge advantage over the US.

Have good times for sure, at least. And maybe find someone who looks like a young Catherine Zeta-Jones.

Also, visa-wise, easy-peasy to stay in British Isles longterm, just hit France or elsewhere once every 6 months, stay forever.

I believe it was me. I did actually create a dating site, but I didn't know what I was doing.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

gsjackson wrote:
Jester wrote:Have good times for sure, at least. And maybe find someone who looks like a young Catherine Zeta-Jones.
When I spent the summer in Prague three years ago, my landlady, who was a Bosnian refugee, said that Sarajevo has many hundreds (maybe she said thousands, I can't recall) of girls who look just like Catherine Zeta-Jones. Obviously, Sarajevo went on my list, and I'm there now, and basically, she's right. If you like that look, you'll find lots and lots of (mostly) young girls who have it. Most of them Muslims, secularized or not, I guess. The war drove out many Serb Orthodox and Croatian Catholic.
How's the plum brandy?
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Johnny1975 wrote:
Jester wrote:Someone here - Lavezzi, PublicDuende, Xiongmai, I forget - was saying that he felt there was actually a need for a matchmaking site to match up foreign women in London with local men. Lots of Poles, I understand, and of course Caribbeans.

I believe it was me. I did actually create a dating site, but I didn't know what I was doing.
Don't make it your last business startup.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Jester wrote:
Johnny1975 wrote:

Oh no, I won't. Since then I've written a book which is on Amazon, and I'm on my 2nd one.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Johnny1975 wrote:
Jester wrote:
Oh no, I won't. Since then I've written a book which is on Amazon, and I'm on my 2nd one.
!!! Outstanding!!
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I'm enjoying being back in the UK after my year of madness in Asia.

Like anywhere else, the UK is pretty good if you have a good job. And the economy is doing pretty well right now.

I've not done much dating here. My profile flopped on OK Cupid but to be honest free dating sites are a waste of time if you're a guy. To be honest though I'm all dated out after last year.

I'm kind of into Indian girls right now though - they're often quite traditional and would probably make decent brides.

The UK has benefits you might not appreciate unless you've lived in a hellhole like Southern China. Healthcare is free, there are no biting mosquitoes, buses aren't normally filled 4x to capacity, the roads are safer, the food is awesome and you won't catch dengue fever here.

As to working class lasses, I'm living in Surrey now, so there aren't any of those round here except for those passing through to and from Gatwick airport on the way to Magaluf.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

xiongmao wrote:I'm enjoying being back in the UK after my year of madness in Asia.

Like anywhere else, the UK is pretty good if you have a good job. And the economy is doing pretty well right now.

I've not done much dating here. My profile flopped on OK Cupid but to be honest free dating sites are a waste of time if you're a guy. To be honest though I'm all dated out after last year.

I'm kind of into Indian girls right now though - they're often quite traditional and would probably make decent brides.

The UK has benefits you might not appreciate unless you've lived in a hellhole like Southern China. Healthcare is free, there are no biting mosquitoes, buses aren't normally filled 4x to capacity, the roads are safer, the food is awesome and you won't catch dengue fever here.

As to working class lasses, I'm living in Surrey now, so there aren't any of those round here except for those passing through to and from Gatwick airport on the way to Magaluf.
Have you tried Southall or Hounslow?
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

I visited the UK once, and once was enough. I'm glad I got to see the famous sights like Big Ben, Parliament, Trafalgar Square, Piccadilly Circus, Tower Bridge, London Eye, the British Museum, etc. But other than that, it didn't have much to offer.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

xiongmao wrote:I'm enjoying being back in the UK after my year of madness in Asia.

Indian/Paki chicks are smokin' hot in the United Kingdom. I'd go for one, too. Plus, they seem more open to interracial dating and sex than their Indian or American counterparts, for some reason...
QuestionMark
Freshman Poster

Post by QuestionMark »

Yes, I've heard Indian women in the UK are actually some of the sexiest in the world. That's great if they date interracially too.

When I go to the UK, Im thinking the fast paced, big city, hustle and bustle of London might be too much for me. Not to mention it's one of the most expensive cities in the world. What's are some other smaller cities in the UK that are multicultural like London is but also have lots of white women , and good public transit?