My dating experiences in Eastern Europe

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the European Countries.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Re: My dating experiences in Eastern Europe

Post by Voyager1 »

I thought you once said I was in Amsterdam. This post from a WiFi hotspot in cafe
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Winston wrote:
"So they aren't as hung up on it as American girls are, because Americans girls will not even have a coffee date with a guy if he is not their type. But foreign girls will still go out with guys who aren't their type, and whom they aren't attracted to, just for fun or to get a free dinner or language exchange. That's the major difference. "

This is so true, American/Australian girl will not go out with you just to get free lunch or dinner, she needs to like you even is she is unemployed and has little money but girl from developing foreign countries will date you just to get free dinner at restaurant she cant afford so she can take a few photos of the meal and post it on facebook. FSU girls love showing off, big brands,free gifts

$300-400 dinner scam is so rare, guy must be stupid to go to such place, cant they see menu and prices? What do they serve panda steak?
More common scams would be asking more taxi money, maybe catching public transport instead, getting free dinner and drinks in bar or club, if she take you to fancy bar you are screwed, drink can cost $10-20... but you can always walk away or tell her to go somewhere else, guy is always in control unless he is dumb and hopeless. You have to follow you sixth sense, I can tell with pretty good accuracy whether girl is milking me or she wants fun, so many give aways

What is the best way to meet girls in Ukraine, online/offline, day/night approach? What % of girls speak passable English?(this is very important). Country is 50 mil but if only 10% speak English it sucks, many of those who do speak are ones you wanna avoid
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

The guy who got just got off the plane is not familiar with the currency. As I mentioned in my previous posts at the time of the scam special "pro-dater" menus are pulled. She typically orders 2-3 $80-$100 plates and $100 glasses of wine. She quickly runs the bill up to $300-$400. Most times the guy not being familiar with the local currency just pays it. Other times he is embarrassed into paying it ("the gentleman always pays").

In the case that he refuses to pay it's not the victim that is going to call the police it's the restaurant that threatens to call the police on him. If the police are called he is told that he can either settle his bill or he will be taken down to the police station to sort it out. Rather than going through that hassle the guy just pays.

Most guys don't even know how to call the police when in a foreign country.

I personally know of this happening to a business associate of mine from Japan. This happened in Kyiv. She took him to the restaurant and she ran the bill up $400. The next day he wanted to see her again so she proposed to meet at the exact same restaurant and she ran the bill up again $400. She was obviously in collusion with the restaurant. In the end he had nothing for the money he spent.
Last edited by Voyager1 on August 10th, 2016, 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

On one of my first trips to Kazakhstan as I was exiting and passing customs I was asked how much in local currency. I told the customs officer how much. It was about us$70. He told me that I could not take that amount out of the country and that I had to leave it here. I quickly gave him the $70 worth of local currency and said "thank you". I thanked him for robbing me.

That's how dumb I was.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

Someone asked how does an average guy do it? Well take the case of Brett Ousley. He's the owner of Kiev Connections. He lived in Kiev 7 years before he met his wife. He lived a further 5 years in Kiev with his wife Allah before retuning to the United States. How did he do it? Just by dating and constant dating. He would go around to all the different marriage agencies in Kiev, view their catalogues then take girls out on dates. He even said in a Kyiv Post interview that he wouldn't date a girl from his own agency. So for Brett it was a numbers game. He just kept dating and dating. It took him 7 years of living there to find his wife.

They are now happily married in Knoxville, Tennessee and have a beautiful daughter.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Voyager1 wrote:Someone asked how does an average guy do it? Well take the case of Brett Ousley. He's the owner of Kiev Connections. He lived in Kiev 7 years before he met his wife. He lived a further 5 years in Kiev with his wife Allah before retuning to the United States. How did he do it? Just by dating and constant dating. He would go around to all the different marriage agencies in Kiev, view their catalogues then take girls out on dates. He even said in a Kyiv Post interview that he wouldn't date a girl from his own agency. So for Brett it was a numbers game. He just kept dating and dating. It took him 7 years of living there to find his wife.

They are now happily married in Knoxville, Tennessee and have a beautiful daughter.
I don't see why you'd need a marriage agency if you lived in Kiev. Why couldn't he just meet women the normal way?
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

Hero wrote:I don't see why you'd need a marriage agency if you lived in Kiev. Why couldn't he just meet women the normal way?
What's the normal way? Why do people who live permanently in the US use dating sites and services? Why don't they just meet women the "normal way"?
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

Also with regard to the restaurant scam most of the top level restaurants here in Kyiv are in on it. They interject their girls (waitresses, hosts, etc.) into dating sites and marriage agencies and then bring their marks to their restaurant. They are all working on commission.

Same thing goes with taxi and everything else. They even try to put you in their apartments.

That's why as I said before it's so important to set the agenda and maintain control. Don't let her control or choose anything. Don't take her to her "favourite" restaurant because she's probably working for the restaurant.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Voyager1 wrote:
Hero wrote:I don't see why you'd need a marriage agency if you lived in Kiev. Why couldn't he just meet women the normal way?
What's the normal way? Why do people who live permanently in the US use dating sites and services? Why don't they just meet women the "normal way"?
The normal way is to just go about your life, approach people, and make friends. For example, you might meet a nice girl at work, at a dance, at the mall, going on a group hike, etc. etc.

The normal way doesn't work in the USA because there's an extreme shortage of normal women. The USA is a very abnormal country when it comes to dating.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Voyager1 wrote:Also with regard to the restaurant scam most of the top level restaurants here in Kyiv are in on it. They interject their girls (waitresses, hosts, etc.) into dating sites and marriage agencies and then bring their marks to their restaurant. They are all working on commission.

Same thing goes with taxi and everything else. They even try to put you in their apartments.

That's why as I said before it's so important to set the agenda and maintain control. Don't let her control or choose anything. Don't take her to her "favourite" restaurant because she's probably working for the restaurant.
Question: If a girl is working for a restaurant, will she give the guy she's dating a little bit of physical affection (kisses, hugs, hand-holding, maybe more) in order to keep the scam going as long as possible?

I ask because I got suckered by a woman in the Dominican Republic. I treated her to expensive dinners for a week before I caught on. The reason I got wise to her is because after a week of dates, she still wouldn't let me touch her. I thought that it was stupid of her to withhold the physical affection, because she could have scammed me much longer if she'd kissed me once in a while.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

Hero, yes you're right. A pro-dater will rarely allow physical affection let alone sex because she probably has a husband or boyfriend. If you're lucky she might let you peck her on the cheek but that's it.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Voyager1 wrote:Hero, yes you're right. A pro-dater will rarely allow physical affection let alone sex because she probably has a husband or boyfriend. If you're lucky she might let you peck her on the cheek but that's it.
But can't they keep the physical affection a secret from their husbands or boyfriends? I'm assuming that these women keep their "profession" a secret from their bfs and husbands, so why not give their target a little bit of huggy-kissie?
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

Sometimes their boyfriends or husbands are OK with it. It brings money to the family.

Often the taxi driver is the boyfriend or husband.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Hero wrote:
Voyager1 wrote:Also with regard to the restaurant scam most of the top level restaurants here in Kyiv are in on it. They interject their girls (waitresses, hosts, etc.) into dating sites and marriage agencies and then bring their marks to their restaurant. They are all working on commission.

Question: If a girl is working for a restaurant, will she give the guy she's dating a little bit of physical affection (kisses, hugs, hand-holding, maybe more) in order to keep the scam going as long as possible?

I ask because I got suckered by a woman in the Dominican Republic. I treated her to expensive dinners for a week before I caught on. The reason I got wise to her is because after a week of dates, she still wouldn't let me touch her. I thought that it was stupid of her to withhold the physical affection, because she could have scammed me much longer if she'd kissed me once in a while.
Don't most people kiss on the first or second day at the latest? No kiss after a whole week? Expensive dinners? Most of those folks just have a $2 breakfast at the local shop. That was a hardcore scam. I had no idea they even existed before. Okay, well I read about them but I didn't think they happened to that many people. Makes me wonder about those Scopolamine kidnappings now.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Hero wrote:
Voyager1 wrote:
The normal way is to just go about your life, approach people, and make friends. For example, you might meet a nice girl at work, at a dance, at the mall, going on a group hike, etc. etc.

The normal way doesn't work in the USA because there's an extreme shortage of normal women. The USA is a very abnormal country when it comes to dating.
Meeting a woman at work puts a man's reputation and career on the line, with women who spread rumors and lies and with the risk of sexual harassment. You really have to know what you are doing to try this route because it is the most risky. At a dance? School dance? I doubt that. Club? Possible but very unlikely. At the mall? Maybe before Amazon and online ordering got big. Now hardly anyone steps foot in a real mall. On a group hike? Unfortunately even if that could yield results, it would only yield those women who are into hiking.

The supermarket I think is the only place left. Once people start having their food delivered all the time, then it will only be online dating and random chance meetings after it's over with their high school peers.

I remember an article where some British whore had slept with some unreal number of men. The story said (if it is true, never know nowadays) that she stalked the local grocery store for men.

School is the other really good place I can think of, especially before they become career powered suits and drones.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.